Saturday, 15 July 2017

NEW HOME CARD






Good morning and thank you for calling into my little blog.  It's been a busy few days here so again I haven't had much time to do my blog.

Today's card is one I made for our niece who has just bought her first home.  Big step and very nerve racking  as well up until those keys were hand over to her on Friday.  I remember when our three went through this when they all took that big step.
Just a very simple card, which I started by embossing a piece of white card ( Anna Marie ) the embossing folder is by Darice.  I like these simple designed folders. Then I just layer it up using Anna Marie spotty card and more of the white. Cut some butterflies with SW cascading butterfly die, the little hearts are from the waste. Stamped my sentiment and that was it.

I made her up a couple of useful gifts as well and popped a cheque in to her card as well.
Here are her gifts
 Towels were harder to wrap than I thought as they were of different sizes and it was  getting them to sit neatly.   Bath sheet, 4 bath sized, 4 hand. Plus 4 tea towels. ( just noticed I have taken photo of the not so neat side oh dear!)


Just useful things that we all need, she can buy something she would like and needs with 
her money.
Off to see the flat on Tuesday with sister Patricia. We can't wait as the flat is half of an old Victorian house and still has the original ornate high ceilings which have been loving  preserved .
Niece is an artist and fabric designer so I can see some fantastic pieces being restored for this home. 
Thank you for all of your comments on my last card, they are aporiecated. 

Hazel x 










5 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Hazel and a very useful gift. I can still remember the thrill of our first home.
    Hugs
    Margaret M

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to your niece not easy nowadays to own your own home for the first time. Such a lovely gift to give her which I am sure will be gratefully received.
    Enjoy the day,
    Hazel c uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such n elegant card Hazel. I love the delicate complimentary colour. Bet she loved her gifts xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Hazel,,,,seemed to have missed seeing your blog for a while...stunning creations. Janice xx http://createdbyjan.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow Hazel this is one very elegant card, you may say it was simple but it all takes time and thought to produce, and you have one beautiful card here.
    Your niece is one very lucky girl receiving all these useful presents and a cheque too!
    Margaret xxx

    ReplyDelete