Tuesday, 12 April 2016

A SPECIAL ANNIVERSAY




Thank you for your comments and for coming in to see what I have posted today.   It's another card my friend asked me to make, this was requested for her to give to her bridesmaid and husband who are celebrating their golden anniversay,  she didn't want 50 on it.  That was fine with me, so I put the two hearts on to represent their two hearts.

It's an 8x8 card, I cut two of Sue Wilson hearts out backed them with gold card and replaced the open heart die back in,  the sentiment is one that I cut down my " a special friend " die cut to just say" a special"  then added the anniversay one.  The swirls are the swirls from my memory box 50th die, again I cut it down, lace and ribbon from my stash.

Nothing exciting happening here.   Oh by the way afternoon tea was yummy, proper China cups and saucers, side plates and cake stand, little cake forks.  Lovely service from young girls who had beautiful smiles and a sense of humour.  All in all a lovely afternoon.

That's all for today.

Hazel xxx

15 comments:

  1. Brilliant card Sis, love the hearts.
    Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty, my style of card.
    Hazel c uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Hazel, a very stylish card, very elegant & understated. Glad you enjoyed your afternoon tea. 2 friends & I had afternoon tea at the ritz hotel in London when we all reached 50. It was a fab day out. Janice xx http://Createdbyjan.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. A very beautiful card Hazel. It looks very stylish.

    Sounds like a lovely tea party. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there Hazel, a beautiful card, those heart dies are so pretty, in fact all the dies you've used are pretty, Is there other paper behind the hearts??
    Fabulous design and I'm sure the couple will love it, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  6. a real beauty Hazel - fantastic! Hugs rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card Hazel, love the hearts. The tea sound very nice, glad you had a good time.
    hugs Maria xx
    ps, Hi to Patricia x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Hazel,
    Love this card. It is so elegant.
    Maureen xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loving those heart dies Hazel, another lovely anniversary card.

    Hugs Erika. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card Hazel. Love the hearts.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hazel, lovely to have you drop by, and I've been MIA here as well. So glad I popped in this afternoon to enjoy this bit of white & gold gorgeousness. What a lovely design (and how clever you were able to skip the 50!) I liked the symbiology of the 2 hearts and of course the gold sentiment filled that part of this particular anniversary, as did the gold inlay. Beautiful & elegant lace for trims. Off to enjoy your earlier posts, and the tea sounds delightful! TFS & Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Hazel
    So sorry, thought I'd commented but must have got distracted when I was looking.
    Lovely design with the offset hearts. Super card.
    Your tea sounds delish!
    Best wishes.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sorry I've been missing I've lived all of the stuff I've missed but haven't gone back and commented I keep looking at this particular heart die I live that LOTV topper you used too If I was told to do a batch of cards with lace and flowers I'd be stumped I don't think I've ever used lace When I've tried it looks wrong and removed it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Hazel,

    Gorgeous card, love the design, so beautiful, I bet they were pleased with it?

    Hope all is ok your end?

    Love & hUgs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi hazel.

    It's georgeous. Those hearts just pop!!
    Hope ur well xx

    ReplyDelete