Monday, 28 March 2016

HAPPY BIRHHDAY CARD






Good morning, from a very chilly north east!  Firstly thank you once again for your kind comments on my engagement card.
Today I am showing a card. My friend asked me to make cards for her to have in her box, so she has ones at hand to save her going out looking in every shop to get something different and suitable!!.,    After asking her what she was looking for and getting a list of things she would like to see on a card, I have been having to go out of my comfort zone a lot!!!
She asked for flowers, lace and just different on one for the cards, now I have loads of lace and it doesn't see the light of day that offen, ribbon again tons of and flowery card stock plenty, so this is what I came up with!

It's an 8x8 card, flowery card stock from one of the "Works" 12x12 pads - great card stock to work with and a bargain at £4
Lace threaded with ribbon from stash,  Heartfelt creations aster flower, with Sue Wilson and Marieanna foliage ( cut from bit box bits)  Presscut "Happy Birthday" pearls from stash, now I did notice a pearl had moved before I sent off the cards, I didn't rephotograph, at least I did notice.

My friend is delighted with what I have sent, thank goodness,  it is difficult to make cards for someone else to use when they take you out of your comfort zone.

Off now to get the ironing done, then I will see what the day brings.   Was helping grandson with a school project on the 1960. So ironing was left.   He had to interview people who lived in the 60s etc.  All done, tomorrow  it's open afternoon at the school so I am going to see their work, I am wondering if it's tea and cake as well?  The war time project was good and they baked cakes from recipes of that time. We might just get another treat!

Again thank you for calling to see what I have been up to.

Hazel x

14 comments:

  1. I'm sure your friend is delighted with the cards youhave made for her. Definitelypirpose made. I need toget out my ribbon and lace more too, although I have used lace on a card I will be showing at the weekend. I make cards for my sister so that she has a useful supply in hand and she always loves them. Hope you are well - albeit cold!! Hugs Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes it is good to get out of your comfort zone and try something new. This is a lovely card that I am sure was very well received. I hope it soon starts to warm up for you Hazel. It is getting a bit chilly here night and morning and the days are drawing in. I don't look forward to winter one little bit.
    Hugs
    Margaret M

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi hazel, lovely card, and you did well if it wasn't your "thing". It's always hard to make a card for someone else especially if it's something that you wouldn't normally do for yourself. Weather here in Kent has calmed down today and at the moment the sun is out. Janice xx
    Http://createdbyjan.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks lovely _Hazel, enhoy your day, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Hazel, your card is so pretty, a wonderful design and I'm sure your friend is delighted. Really cold here this morning, my heating has been off and on so much over the last week, dread to think about the next leccie bill, keep warm, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Morning Hazel, what a pretty card. I'm sure it will be perfect for your friend. You have put the elements together beautifully. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Hazel,
    what a brilliant card, and a very fab design also.
    That paper is gorgeous, and a bargain.
    Love the fab flower,and the wonderful lace.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good afternoon Sis,
    I was so sure I commented on this fantastic card this morning.
    I love everything you have done on it.
    June will love it and the others you sent her.
    Patricia x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Hazel,
    This is lovely. Bright and cheerful and I love the flowered card.
    If I'd only been alive in the 1960's I could have helped your grandson!!!!
    love Maureen xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Hazel, such a pretty card design, love those papers and flowers.
    Pam x

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's always good to be pushed out of your comfort zone!
    A lovely card, super papers.

    Hugs Erika. x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely card Hazel. You have been busy. Not had much time for card making this week but have made one for my son's birthday tomorrow. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Hazel, doing a run of catch up and
    glad I am or I would have missed out
    on this lovely card. Your friend must be
    thrilled for them all. I want that HB die :-)
    hugs Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Hazel
    Lovely card and great paper..... what value, but I must resist lol!
    Have a great weekend.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete