Thursday, 4 February 2016

ANOTHER BIRTHDAY CARD






Good morning!  I hope you are all well?   Thank you for coming in to see what I have been up to again!   This was a card for a friend whose birthday was last week so I can show it.

Again I have used my tartan embossed prefolded card and the tartan papers - just love them!
I cut the outer edge of my heraldic die first in pale lilic then again the whole die in the tartan, I glued the pale lilic flat unto the card the foam mounted the tartan outer up, then placed the centre down in the   hollow if you know what I mean?   I then cut the Sue Wilson ribbon and large bow in the tartan then the small bow in the pale lilic.   Again a simple card.  Just seem how marked my back board is I have a feeling that's the old one.

Well my cold took hold well and truely and I ended up being in bed most of wednesday feeling very rough, but last night I went to bed having rub good old fashioned Vicks vapour rub on my back, chest and the soles of my feet which I cover with socks and had a good nights sleep getting up in the morning feeling so much better.  Nothing to beat the old  remedies!!!

Yesterday Beth came here after school to start making a card for mummy's 50th at the end of the month, after much debate as to what card and colours to use she then had to choose what dies to use, she managed to get some cut out, so I will see how far we get on next week, we might have to fit in another after school day, as they are going away skiing so it has to be finished.  I will show it when she has finished it.

Hazel xxx


15 comments:

  1. Good morning Sis,
    I loved this card when you first showed it me.
    I just love the simple elegance.
    Patricia x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Hazel, sounds as if not many are escaping the cold, I hope you are feeling much better by now.
    I'm nearly back to normal, but Alistair is down with it now.
    Your card is beautiful, I love the embossed background and it's a lovely die.
    Hope you have a great weekend, and don't do too much, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Hazel,
    I love this card. As Patricia has said it's simple and elegant.
    Maureen xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi hazel.

    Love the tartan card and papers. Looks smashing. :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hazel I love your card the background is beautiful and the die cuts look stunning in that colour next to the white. I'm sure your friend loved it.
    Hope you feel better soon.

    Hugs Erika. X

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is totally beautiful Hazel - love it! Hugs Rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Hazel,
    oooooooooo! I love this card.
    That die looks so super with the Plaid Paper, and doesn't it make that die look so different too.
    Super embossing too, and the ribbon at the bottom.
    Have a lovely weekend, and I do hope your cold is soon gone.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh goodness Hazel this is so elegant and very beautiful indeed I love the die cuts but also the tartan. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful birthday card Hazel, love the plaid paper you have used with those lovely die cuts, goes really nice with your embossed background.
    Pam x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Afternoon hazel, that embossing folder really works a treat, makes the card look like fabric. Beautiful. Janice
    Http://createdbyjan.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well I can tell you that the card looks even better when you see it for real as it was made for me. Thank you again Hazel it is gorgeous and in my favourite colour as well. It is still on show for everyone to see. Glad you are feeling a bit better now Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Hazel
    Simple elegance and a lovely embossing folder.
    Hope you are feeling better soon after your rub down with Vic.........in the nicest possible way lol!
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a lovely card Hazel! It is indeed simply elegant! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful card Hazel, I love it !
    Take care xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. We always used Vicks when I was a kid..on the chest, cover it well with something, and under the nose. Don't remember putting on the feet, though!I'm glad you woke up feeling improved. WIth the nasty weather I'm reading about in your area, it's not a good time to have a bad cold. YOur card is just breathtaking. Love the embossing on that white background. It looks very linen-like in texture too. (I enlarged it and it shows beautifully - as did the patterns in that gorgeous medallion). Love the way you've used the SW ribbon trim...you & your sister get me in lots of craft trouble with these SW dies! I'm glad you were able to help your young friend with her birthday project. That must have been a lot of fun for both of you. TFS & have a good week.

    ReplyDelete