Thursday, 7 January 2016

SPECIAL FRIEND




Good evening,   Not so good really as the weather here is  atrocious  We still have heavy rain.
Thank you for all your kind comments on my cards, they are much appreciated.

Tammy asked me to make a card for her good friend, she asked if I could use the two new dies I used on the cards I show the other day.   So this is what I did




The pre fold 8x8 card are ones I bought from my local craft shop ( McOyster Paper Crafts) they are pre embossed with a tartan design.  Loved these when I saw them before Christmas but get I couldn't justife the cost.   When I got gift vouchers to spend in the craft shops for Christmas I decided to treat myself.  I cut the die cuts out of tartan paper again from my favourite craft shop. These tartan papers are brilliant.   They are by craft style.

I cut the Sue Wildon heraldic die out. then using the inner frame out line I cut 1 in white and placed it behind the centre die cut, then foam padded that into the centre so it's raised.  I then cut a white and tartan outside frame from the Sue Wilson hearts of hearts putting one on top of the other, and the special friend was also cut out of the tartan.
Pearls from stash.

Well I started this post this morning with good morning, got interrupted so it was changed to afternoon!  Yes got interrupted again so that why it now posting this evening.

Stay save.
Hazel xxx

14 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, I love the embossed design on the card blank.
    I really need to make some Thank You cards but I can't summon up the oomph at the moment-the problems at work aren't helping !


    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Hazel this card is so beautiful and very elegant indeed. Oh to have a good craft shop nearby you really are so lucky.
    So sorry to hear you still have the wet stuff but keep crafting don't be venturing out in the awful weather.
    With love
    Margaret xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Hazel, that is so effective. It's elegant and Scottish without being twee! That's hard to get sometimes! I love tartan and I must say Adrian has produced some lovely materials for you to work with.
    Thank you!
    Love Myra xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hazel, this is so elegant and beautiful. I love it
    Maureen xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card design Hazel, love these cutting dies.
    We have had the same weather today!!! rain all week...
    Pam x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those embossed card blanks are fabulous and perfect for your location!! A really stylish CAS card and I bet Tammy and her Friend were thrilled. We were just about drying out and then last night more rain and gales, no damage thank goodness. Temperatures are dropping next week so they say xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brilliant card Sis, love the embossed card and that stunning Die.
    Patricia x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic card Hazel. Love the tartan card. The dies just suit the card so well. I trust you enjoyed a festive season too. Stay safe. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. gorgeous card - I love the tartan embossing - and the dies look beautiful! I do hope that the rain stops soon Hazel! Hugs rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Hazel
    Love your tartan embossed card.
    Nice that you got to treat yourself with stuff your really wanted.
    Best wishes.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello Hazel, and Happy New Year to you and yours, lovely card, I must say I do like the embossing on the card and the dies are beautiful. I'm sure Tammy's friend will love it, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Hazel those embossed tartan cards are fabulous, I know why you liked them. Another great use of dies on this card. I'm sure Tammy's special friend will love it.

    Hugs Erika. x

    ReplyDelete
  13. What lovely Christmas presents you got I had a couple of die sets too! I must play! I have loved both days of cards you done using them Love the tartan and totally agree with Myra - Scottish without being twee

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cards are smashing hazel.
    All my dies I got for Xmas are still in their packets along with the ones I bought with my vouchers.
    I've told hubby I'll get to them eventually and that its my retirement hobby so won't need to buy when I'm older lol yeah right!! X

    ReplyDelete