Monday, 4 January 2016

SOME CARDS FOR THE BOX








HAPPY NEW YEAR.  Oh I have again been a bad blogger.  Trouble is I didn't photo my Christmas cards.  The light wasn't good - still isn't plus I was making them getting them written and in to the envelopes as quick as I could be get them off in the post.  Gift bags were my other make and I have shown them so much.

Today I am showing two cards made from two new dies I got from Anna and Beth for Christmas.
I was very luck as I got four Sue Wilson ones all together.  I also got gift vouchers for my favourite craft shop in Cupar.

My cards are made out of parts of A3 card left from making Christmas cards, the back ground card is from Works 12x12 pad ( great value at £4). I cut out the Heraidic Square die from again left over card.  The same with the Hearts of Heart die overlaying the green on to the white and slightly off set. These two cards started off as me just playing to see how the dies cut and what I could do.  They turned out way better than I had planed so they are now in the box that Tammy can pick cards from.
Goes to show once again you need to use up those bits and pieces of card you have left over.

Well I for  one am glad things are getting back to normal, all this mad buying of food that folk were doing and will have wasted has gone until Easter.  Tesco have got Easter eggs on the shelves today.
The weather here is terrible, we are lucky and won't get flooded but there are so many who haven't been so lucky.  My heart goes out to them.  Here's hoping they will get help to get back into their homes as soon as poosilbe.

Now I am off to make some more cards from that box of bits.  I don't want to put it to one side, but will make up as many cards as I can.

Take care if you to drive on these water logged roads.

Hazel xxx

15 comments:

  1. Love your cards Hazel and very sensible using up all the odd bits of card surprising how much we get. When I first looked at your card I said to myself that's not like the Herakd square die I have got but reading your message again I realised yours was Heraldic square completely different, very pretty and her dies are so versitile. I did find thou I had to use grease proof paper in between my card and the die, look forward to seeing more if your work.
    Enjoy your new toys.
    Hazel c uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year to you Hazel. 2 lovely cards today, the dies are lovely & that paper looks right up my street......and I love The Works, some great bargains to be had there! Great that you used up some bits & pieces too.
    hugs Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Hazel - your cards are beautiful - as was the e card you sent me - thankyou so much - I am very touched by your kindness! Hugs rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two beautiful cards hazel, love those pretty dies and gorgeous paper..
    Terrible weather here too, heartbreaking to see all the people that have been affected by the floods.
    Pam x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Hazel, Happy New Year to you.
    Two lovely cards, Have watched Sue using that square die and doing lovely things with it. Might have to put it on my wish list.
    Sorry to hear you are getting such bad weather but if you could just send us some rain as we so badly need it. I am getting sick of dragging around hoses.
    Hugs
    Margaret M

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Hazel, Happy New Year to you.
    Two lovely cards, Have watched Sue using that square die and doing lovely things with it. Might have to put it on my wish list.
    Sorry to hear you are getting such bad weather but if you could just send us some rain as we so badly need it. I am getting sick of dragging around hoses.
    Hugs
    Margaret M

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Hazel, lovely cards. I must get back into making a few things now, seem to have lost my mojo at the moment. Here in Kent it's not so bad, with the rain, hope it starts to dry up soon, although it's been so mild of late if it turns colder we will certainly feel the cold. Janice xx
    http://createdbyjan.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Brilliant cards Sis, love them both.
    I really like the Die on the left.
    Patricia X

    ReplyDelete
  9. Two beautiful cards, I have my eye on the Heart of Hearts die after seeing it used on Sue's shows.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Hazel,
    A very Happy and Health New Year to you and yours.
    2 wonderfully created cards, as usual.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Hazel,

    A very happy new year to you all, you are not as bad as a blogger as me lol! I have just looked over your blog, what wonderful gifts you have been making, you have been a very busy Lady, gorgeous boxes,bags and cards. These are gorgeous makes I am sure you will use these dies time and time again.

    Love & hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello Hazel,
    Love your cards today, and the dies are beautiful. I want both of them!!!!
    Maureen xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. The girls were great Santas, knowing the perfect gifts for YOUR stocking! Can't beat the SWilson dies & here's some stunners using your goodies. Love EACH of these, well done! TFS - Happy New Year - Hugs too! I think we're all behind just now. I certainly am!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Hazel
    Happy New Year.
    I'm just catching up after a manic time over Christmas and New Year.
    These are indeed, lovely dies and your Works pad paper looks fab.
    Yes, the light has been terrible.Thinking of one of those light tent thingys.
    Keep warm and dry.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Our staff were taking Christmas stuff of the shelves and putting in Valentine and Easter chocolate instead....can we not have a little break?!
    HNY anyway Hazel, hope you had a lovely festive break. I am struggling to get back in the creative mode too.
    I love both your cards, your new dies are beautiful.

    Hugs Erika. x

    ReplyDelete