Saturday, 14 November 2015

A CARD FOR A FRIEND





Good evening.  Just taking 5 mins off to put my feet up and write this post.  I am looking after grandsons, have been since Thursday. Mum and dad will be back tomorrow.

The worrying thing is they are at a rock festival and after the terrible  atrocities of Paris you start to think that could have so easily at their one seeing how over 2,000 were there last night.   Tammy phoned so it helped, I knew they were ok but I just needed to hear her voice



















To night I have a card I made for a friends birthday, very simple using Sue Wilson's  butterfly die, heart felt aster die and a border embossing folder.  The pink pearlised card is from Anna Marie card.

Thank you for all your lovely words about Patricia and I helping to raise the money to keep the tea trolley stocked at the chemo unit.  Just a small way of saying thank you.

Better get back to doing things, like ironing.  Tammy is coming home to hopefully an empty basket. Mine is going to be full when I get home.



Hazel xxx

19 comments:

  1. Lovely card Hazel and that pink card stock is a great colour. HUgs Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A super card for your friend Hazel. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Hazel,
    This is very beautiful and striking. I love the way you've used the embossing folder.
    Maureen xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card Hazel, lovely dies and colour, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good evening Sis,
    I bet you were glad to hear Tammy's voice!!
    Great card, love the simplicity and the colour of the card.
    Patricia X

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card I like its simplicity too Phew! I'm so glad you heard from Tammy I know exactly how you must have been feeling

    ReplyDelete
  7. lovely make hazel. you sound very busy. big hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Hazel
    Pearly pink card is on trend this week lol!
    Love the big butterfly and embossing.
    Have a great weekend.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Hazel, beautiful colour card, love the butterfly and embossing..
    Hugs Pam x

    ReplyDelete
  10. A beautiful card Hazel, so pleased Tammy rang to set your mind & heart at ease. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card, really pretty.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  12. A really gorgeous and rich looking card Hazel so beautiful.
    So lovely to have you back.
    With love Margaret xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi hazel.
    Love ur card. I just love that butterfly. I don't have that one yet! Lol xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really like this card Hazel and glad everything is okay with the youngsters.

    Hazel c uk

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Hazel,
    what a wonderful card and very beautiful butterfly too.
    Lovely design and wonderful colour.
    I know what you mean about worrying.
    My Son goes to France on a work thing on Wednesday, and I am starting to worry already.
    Sorry I didn't comment on your post about the chemo unit, but it's bit too close to home at the mo, and it's not good news either, but you 2 sisters are such good fundraisers for a very worthwhile charity.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely card Hazel. Hope you are sitting with your feet up today now you are bavk at home.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hello Hazel Wow beautiful card & yes I love that butterfly well I would wouldn't I. It's so worrying glad Tammy rang you.My Daughter & SIL was in Paris the weekend before the terrible shootings I was so glad it wasn't last weekend.
    Hug's Lynda xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. So happy for you that your kids were ok at the concert. It is a big worry & for us in the USA too. Everytime we go someplace where there's a crowd, you can't help but think "what if...". That is a shame the world has to live with this fear because of some radical fanatics. Love your elegant card. The white SW lovely looks grand against that rich burgundy, and the embossing in the lower corner is so pretty. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  19. It is worrying Hazel when you just don't feel safe no matter where you go, very sad.
    A beautiful CAS card, I love that butterfly die, just perfect.

    Hugs Erika. x

    ReplyDelete