Friday, 18 September 2015

FINISHED BEER CAKE!!!






One finished "Beer Cake"   It's finally  done and dusted, there was a change in when it was required so I left finishing it until I got back off holiday.   I ended up using Playmobil and Lego toys, Kevin is a big kid at heart and these things will appeal to him.   Now I just hope it meets the criteria of the order. 

16ins square cake board,  road is black sand paper, gravel and brick papers  are from a model shop, box holds six small beers,  and as I said motor bikes are from " playmobil" bricks  tyres and fence.  " "lego " ribbon round the edge is from stash and it came from " IKEA" 

Well holiday over for another year, and after 8 days of lovely sun shine it's back to British weather and warm clothes.   I don't sun worship and sit in the shade and have factor 50 on all the time, yet I have a bit of colour , not tanned just a slight colouring.   We were lucky as the owner has his villa in the grounds near the quiet pool so we were able to lie all the time in the shade of  the villa.   Oh these silly people who bake themselves.   I was so glad just to have some heat to my bones. 

Went and picked Beth up from school tonight as requested by her before I went away on holiday, big smiles and a lovely load of hugs.   Been requested to pick her up next week, mum is away next week and Beth asked if I could pick her up as its bad enough me not being there but worse as mum will be away too, so of course I said yes.  Anna was being reserved with her hugs tonight as she has a friend staying, so that was understandable.  

That's it for just now, I have a few things to do so hopefully I will be able to do a few posts.  
Thank you for calling in.


Hazel xxx 

18 comments:

  1. Oh wow Hazel, that's fabulous.....someone's gonna be so happy! Sounds like you had a lovely holiday.....I'm not a sun lover either but I could easily spend my days in a pool.
    hugs Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely to have you back Hazel and I'm glad you enjoyed your holiday. A great beer cake which I'm sure will be well appreciated! Hugs Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant Cake Sis, Kevin will love it. There will certainly not be another gift like that one that's for sure!!
    Patricia x

    ReplyDelete
  4. you are so talented Hazel, I think this will be well received.
    Jean x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is fantastic Hazel, you are so talented with these cake design. would`nt know where to start.
    Glad you and Patricia had a wonderful holiday.
    Hugs Pam x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great idea It really will go down well in more ways than one

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beer cake us amazing Hazel, you are very talented!
    Oh I Brit begin was over the moon when she saw you, it gives me the shivers just thinking about it, it's like the children used to be when Paul returned home after being away for months! Bless her I bet you can't wait until next week.
    Love and hugs
    Sandra xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Hazel,
    What a lovely and very unique gift! It is really lovely. So glad you had an enjoyable holiday but it's lovely to have yo back home safe and sound .
    Looking forward to seeing you very soon now!
    Love Myra xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just saw Patricia's post where you getting ready for departure! So good to see from your post, that you've been on your fun trip, had a lovely time, with no sunburns, and safely back home again. You amaze me with the creativity you show in these projects that you do to order. Each tiny item just fits in so perfectly with the theme, and ends up looking wonderfully intricate & detailed! Glad to see you had a bit of time with your 'girls' again, and I'm sure they appreciate you even more now. Off to enjoy the photos I got a peek at, as I zipped in here. Happy wkend, and hope the weather is nice in your part of the world. TFS & Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is fabulous Hazel and it's sure to go down a storm...what a lucky chap!! Glad to hear you had a lovely break with Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fabulous idea instead of an eatable cake Hazel. Fantastic and I bet Beth and Anna loved their cuddles. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I always love your beer cakes Hazel and this one is no exception, a great theme and love the added touches of Lego and play-mobile to finish.
    Good to here that you and Patricia enjoyed the holiday and had lots of sunshine. I'm with you and the heat mind. I'd be in the shade too.
    Enjoy your weekend, hugs Erika. x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi hazel.
    Love ur cake.
    Glad u had x lovely time on hols. It's been 6 years since we went abroad. Too busy doing things to the house. Ah well can't have ur cake and eat it!!! Lol :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Hazel, sounds as if you had a lovely holiday, just what you needed a space to relax and get some sun.
    Another fabulous Beer Cake, love all the little elements, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hazel you never fail to amaze this is fabulous and how very clever to use emery paper for the road! You really have got so much detail in your Beer Cake it is wonderful, well done.
    Margaret xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Hazel,
    so glad you had a wonderful holiday.
    My this is an amazing beer cake, and superbly created, and designed too.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Hazel
    Oooooh, heat on the bones sounds good. Sore back after a busy weekend at Ally Pally so a week with the Sun on it would be marvellous lol!
    Fantastic beer cake Hazel. So much detail. It will be loved.
    Best wishes.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Hazel sorry I missed this. Your cake is beerfull lol
    Seriously it brilliant
    Hug's Lynda xx

    ReplyDelete