Sunday, 9 August 2015

A CAKE NOT A CARD



Good afternoon folks, thank you for calling in to see what I have been doing?  Nothing exciting I may add, just starting to catch up with orders that I have for a few things in the next few weeks.  Thankfully none were needed before now.  First on my list is a Nappy Cake, haven't made one for a while, had to stop and think each stage and remember to make sure I had done it properly.




Was asked to put these items in, which I didntnmind as I love to see babies dressed properly and not in sleep suits all the time, I only hope September will be a good month weather wise.







 I used one of my basket rather than a box, the only down side you need to put 20 nappys round, and I hadn't enough so had to go get more.

Also requested was this toy as, the other nieces have had cakes and this was the toy on theirs, I think a little bit if  jealousy omight have been felt if it was different. 


All finished and ready to be delivered, I would rather wait till baby is here but not my place to say.
I think there is maybe a baby shower being held.  

Next order is a beer cake for a 40th birthday, the guy is into formula one and that's what the theme 
has to be, so thinking cap needs to be on.  A few light bulb moments I think in the middle of the night with this one? 

Thank you for all your comments on STAN, I have to go a see to him tomorrow, Gillian  brought him home last night, his mum was getting to attached to him, so mums owner felt it was easier if STAN went now, he has settled in, and the other two are ok with him to a point, so Gillian  has asked if I could just go make sure he is ok, and give him some time and cuddles, now that will be hard! Not!!! 
Anna and Beth would have loved to been here to see him, but they are on holiday.  

Well that's all. 

xxx 


17 comments:

  1. wow Hazel - your nappy cake is stunning - looks wonderful! Good luck with cuddling Stan too - awww xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Hazel, love the nappy cake, such a clever idea these projects.
    I've spent all afternnon trying to make one of Patricia's lanterns, couldn't get the topand bottom to fit, so frustrating.
    How lovely going to cuddle and play with Stan, a real hardship right enough, hugs Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!! Sis! another of your stunning Nappy Cakes.
    Love the pretty girly things you have put inside.
    Have fun with Stan, I am sure he will gets lots and lots of cuddles.
    Patricia x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your cakes are fabulous Hazel. You always come up with something different. Love this one, specially the little bear on top. Stan will love getting lots of cuddles I have no doubt about that. Enjoy your visit. Hugs Rita xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another brilliant cake Hazel and I like the idea of the basket xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous nappy cake Hazel, really love how you do these.
    Glad Stan is settling in..
    hugs Pam x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Hazel wow this is amazing Hazel you are so clever and you come up with some wonderful ideas.

    Debs xxx
    {Debs Cards}

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Hazel,
    Your Nappy Cake is a brilliant idea and it looks really lovely. Love all the lovely clothes that went inside! By the way - what a cute kitten! Xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your nappy cakes are always brilliant, this is gorgeous!Hugs Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete
  10. Morning Hazel, beautiful baby cake. Can't wait to see your next one. Janice xxx http://createdbyjan.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good morning Hazel
    What a beautiful basket I too love to see babies in white and dressed I do so hate to see a new baby dressed in denim like so many I see when I am collecting from school.
    Lucky you giving a new kitten some attention, but what will Harris think when he smells a new kitten?
    Margaret xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello Hazel,
    This is amazing. I've just found out that my God daughter, who is also my niece (David's daughter) is pregnant for the first time, so I'll get some hints and tips from you on Wednesday about doing one of these.
    Maureen xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Hazel,
    beautiful cake as usual.
    Love you fab design of this, and they do get some wonderful comments when presented.
    Love the super little toy too.
    Lots of crafty love Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Hazel
    Beautiful cake as usual. Will look splendid at the shower.
    Glad to hear little Stan is settling in. Must be sad for his Mum though, bless her.
    As a Formula One fan, may I be cheeky and suggest featuring some black and white check somewhere, like the chequered flag at the and of a race?
    Would love to see what yo come up with.
    Best wishes.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Hazel,
    your basket cake is amazing. What a fabulous idea to make
    love the little clothes but my favourite is the teddy right after Stan !
    Love and hugs Maria xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely cake I love how you've used a basket in the middle for all of the goodies and provides great support around the edge for the nappies Glad to hear that Stan is settling in and that the other two appear to be Ok with him Long may it continue

    ReplyDelete
  17. A super nappy cake Hazel, your gifts are always just perfect for the occasion and beautifully wrapped.

    Hugs Erika. x

    ReplyDelete