Friday, 31 July 2015

MY CARD TO GILLIAN






My card to Gillian 


I got this verse from Sandra ( Cotswold crafters) and it brought tears to my eyes and still does every time I read it.   It was just the perfect words to put on a card to give Giilian on the eve of her wedding  I did get a phone call saying "you have made me cry" along with her friend who was staying with her.

I used papers from what was left of the Papermania pads I had used on their invitations, lace from stash also the flowers, Sue Wilson's  bow die and Marianna foliage.

I have share this photo of the boys, it's not a moment we see often.


It didn't last long either, they do love each other but boys will be boys!!!

Thank everyone of you for your lovely comments on the photos, yes I am a proud mum and granny.
I will be doing some scrap booking over the winter as its memories that need to be kept.

I hope you all have a good weekend.

Hazel xxx

13 comments:

  1. Good morning Sis,
    I just LOVE that stunning card, I know it will be loved and treasured.
    Oh! that little poem!! It brings tears every time, but good tears.
    I can just picture Lyn & Gillian crying together!!
    Patricia x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A really stunning card Hazel and yes,such a beautiful verse...lovely picture of the boys too, hugs Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Hazel,
    I think that it's the most beautiful verse I've ever seen. I wish I'd had it when Rachel got married. Your card is beautiful, as is your daughter.
    I love the photo of the smart boys, how long did they stay like that!!!
    Love Maureen xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Hazel this card is so very beautiful and such a beautiful verse too, if only I had had this when my two daughter's were married. I agree the verse does bring a tear, but so too does that wonderful photo of your two darling little grandsons, I love to see the kilts, thank you for sharing this wonderful one.
    With love
    Margaret xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Hazel,
    What a lovely card and I totally agree - a tear jerker of a verse but in a lovely way!
    The boys look gorgeous!
    Love Myra xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Hazel, beautiful words, I can see how Gillian and her friend didn't have dry eyes.
    Marvellous photo of your Grandsons, now that's a photo to treasure, hugs Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  7. a stunning card Hazel - and a beautiful photo too! Hugs rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Hazel, that verse is so beautiful - it made me cry too! I love the papers and pretty design. I am sure Gillian will treasure it.
    Such a fabulous photo - thank you for sharing.
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Hazel, think you have a few of crying with your beautiful verse..
    Gorgeous card design, Gillian will treasure this card made by her Mum.

    Great photo of your Grandsons..
    Hugs Pam x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Hazel
    Sadly, I can't zoom in enough to read the words but your card looks beautiful.
    Don't the boys look as if butter wouldn't melt lol!
    Best wishes.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card and verse. Like the photo of your grandsons.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card and verse, sniff!
    The boys look very dashing and smart.
    Good to hear you all had a super time.

    Hugs Erika. x

    ReplyDelete
  13. A beautiful card, and yes, it would make me sniffle too. So heartfelt & so very true. It took me a couple of tries to get it enlarged enough to read it. I was entranced with the 2 little cuties in their kilts. What handsome lads. So glad that the wedding turned out beautifully and wish them every happiness. TFS

    ReplyDelete