Saturday, 27 June 2015

REBECCAS CARD



Good morning, and thank you for calling in.   Also thank you for all your comments on my little man bag.   They don't hold an awful lot, but the thought counts more than the amount of goodies I think.
Off out to meet big sister at Perth today, then it's off down to Edinburgh to go to Gillian's meal for her night out, Patricia and I are only doing the meal side of it, we will leave the younger ones to party.
We are going in to Edinburgh early so we can have a look round the shops, I will see if there is something different for Rebecca, it was her 9th birthday yesterday, but oh boy she is hard to choose for?   Her clothes style isn't my thoughts on what a 9 year old should wear or to that matter put together, but what was I like at that age? Then again we didn't have that many clothes to pick from.
So hopefully I will find something, she is having a money gift as well.


A very simple card, the image is I think LOTV. It was one I got from Patricia a long time ago, and I thought it might just about cover that age group were they aren't little any more but not grown up either?
8x8 per folded card,
Purple backing papers are from a "Works" pad of 12x12 - great card to work with, such a pity they wouldn't get more in.
Silver a piece from bit box, most have been left over from Christmas,
Very easy to make, so hopefully she will like it.

Most go and get things done, like a load of washing seeing how it's a nice day, will instruct husband to peg it out when finished and put another load in.   To have a magic fairy would be lovely, I always think my boss is lucky, she works but that's it.   Her house is cleaned, washing and ironing all done, cooking done for her, shoping delivered to the house and put away by others.  How lovely is that???

Thank you once again for calling in.

Hazel xxx



18 comments:

  1. Hi Hazel,
    firstly Happy Birthday to your granddaughter.
    What a wonderful card.
    Love the image, and the paper used, I bet she'll love it.
    Enjoy your outing with your sister, oooooooo! I love Edinburgh the shops are so wonderful, and the park in the middle of the city is glorious with beautiful flowers.
    Was never happy with getting out of that city though as there were so many roads that lead out of it, and as usual when you are a stranger to the place it is never clearly sign posted, but you have just reminded me of a wonderful holiday spent with my Dad and Mum when we visited there.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is gorgeous Hazel, I love the image and beautiful papers.
    I hope you have a lovely day.
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Hazel, just gorgeous, lovey shades of purple too.
    Enjoy your trip to Auld Reekie, and the shops and have a lovely meal with Gillian, hugs kate x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant card Sis, love what you have done with that image.
    See you soon
    Patricia x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is lovely and perfect for any discerning 9 year old I know exactly what you mean on the fashion front and like you say we were probably the same! Enjoy Edinburgh We were there last year for a Salsa weekender and lived what I saw, the castle, the park, a cute little handbag shop where I just had to buy one! a lovely wool shop - we don't have any in WGC just John Lewis and Hobbycraft!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Hazel, what a lovely card you have made for your granddaughter, I love that image. 9 is a sort of in between age isn't it. They feel so grown up but are really still little girls. Have fun in Edingburgh with Patricia,
    Love and hugs Saba xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Hazel, what a sweet card, such a cute image and perfect for a little girl and the papers compliment it completely! How you had a good day with Patricia, hugs Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Hazel,
    Love this card, it's perfect for that age. Have a great time tonight, but watch what you're doing, behave yourselves. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a super card and I'm sure it was loved by Rebecca. They are far too grown up and knowing these days...scarily so!! How times change in a generation almost!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. a gorgeous card Hazel - I know Rebecca will adore it - big hugs rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  11. A sweet card Hazel hope your shopping trip is successful for your present too. Hope you and Patricia have a lovely time this evening.
    Margaret xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Birthday to Rebecca. Hope you managed to find something for her in Edinburgh today. I love Edinburgh. Hope you and Patricia are having a good evening. Safe journey home.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sorry should have said the card is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous card for a little lady!
    hugs Maria xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Hazel, oh I so want to be your boss then I could craft all day. How super would that be? She is one lucky lady.
    A super card today, love that cute wee image by LOTV and great colour combo too.
    I wish my boys would sometimes dress up a bit but joggers and t shirts seem to be the order of preference here. I believe girls are a whole other ball game?!
    I'm sure Rebecca will love to go shopping with your gift. My wee niece is exactly the same with clothes.

    Hugs Erika. x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Hazel
    Your boss sounds exactly like my husband hahaha!
    Adore your oriental card and that paper is fab.
    Hope you had a lovely evening out.with the girls.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful card and love both the image and the card/paper and it is perfect for a 9 year old xx your boss is very lucky - I must confess I would sooner work than clean!! I love ironing but hate cleaning!! xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love this card Hazel lovely image & pretty papers.
    Hug's Lynda xx

    ReplyDelete