Friday, 19 June 2015

BETH'S PENDANT MAKE







I thought I would show you Beths pendant that she made for her teacher as her gift.  She wanted it to be a tear drop so I made that for her, and what colours, I got told it has to go with what she wears.  So this is how it turned out.    To think they break up for summer holidays in just two weeks time, yet we haven't even got any nice summer weather.   They got their report card last night,  she sat in the back of the car and read it.  ( ours were in sealed envelopes and did we dare open it NO) anyway she started - oh BAD, BAD, BAD. Why I asked?  I have nothing but very goods all the way down.  Why's that bad?  " I most be boring!!!  How can that be, well a lot have got can try harder, don't try hard enough, and most do better on theirs.  Well these children haven't been working and have been day dreaming I think, was my reply.   Well that's what I mean she comes out with " as I listen!!! "  oh changed days.  She has reached the level that as long as they reach that by P7 ( 12years old ) or by the time they go to high school.  She has 2 years to go.  I only hope she doesn't get bored? They will hopefully will challenge her.     It was the same with Anna.

Thank you for all your comments on my little bags, they are fun to make.  If you have the die have a go.  I put the instructions up on my blog back on the    1st May.  I now have found if you score using your score boards from the handle to where the long length stops where you join the sides it comes over easier to front, were I have hot glued the Velcro dots to hold it closed.  These will have sweets, but you can still fits mini products in, I am going to have a go at making some little card from my bit box to go in one.
Was hoping for a quite weekend, but it looks like I am going to helping Gillian with something instead.   So fun, fun, fun.


Hazel xxx

15 comments:

  1. Well Teacher!! Hazel, Beth has made a great job with her Pendant. Love the the pretty beads and the colours
    Patricia x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so beautiful. Beth's teacher will be thrilled to receive such a special gift.
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Hazel,
    This is beautiful. I think you and Patricia make beautiful, different jewellery and Beth has done so well to do this. The colours and beads are fabulous, what is it with blue that always looks so fresh and clean, and the pearls, they are one of my favourites. Blue and pearls, you can't go wrong!!
    Well done Beth, you've made a beautiful job, and well done on your school report. You should feel so proud.
    Maureen xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. beths necklace is a beauty hazel....tell her i think its good she's boring .... because of course that means she isn't at all! she's attentive!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Hazel,
    What a lovely necklace! Well done Anna, your teacher will love it. Well done Hazel! In a few years Anna will be very glad she was "boring and listened". She isn't at all boring as she has so many things she is good at, horse riding, music and crafting as well as school work!
    Love Myra xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know what you mean about reports now, they don't seem to get bad ones like we did.....must try harder etc...!
    I love the pendant and I'm sure Anna's teacher will do too. Great job.

    Hugs Erika. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Hazel, Beth's pendant is fabulous and the teacher will be thrilled with it.
    How lucky she and Anna have been to have you as their Nanny, to teach them so many things and to encourage them to be such positive and thoughtful girls. Listening is good and never boring, hugs Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fab pendant Beth/Hazel it is the same shape as mine and the same colour way too and I absolutely love it xx have a lovely weekend and think about me tonight as I am doing a 10k charity walk for our local hospice it starts at 10pm so I know it will be cool but hoping the rain stays away!! xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely Well done Beth and her teacher (of course) You have so much patience Wish I was half as talented

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Hazel
    Great make by your protégé. You have thought her well.
    It seems quite sad that Beth thinks she is boring because she is doing well at school, bless her.
    Hope you manage some rest this weekend.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Hazel please do tell Beth this is beautiful so very clever, and tell her a very well done on her report too,
    It is the schools responsibility to keep her challenged, down here my daughter tells me she would be a gifted and talented pupil who would be give more challenging work and also receive extra treats as a reward.
    Margaret xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Hazel, well done to Beth her teacher will love this pendent, beautiful stones and colors.
    You are a brilliant teacher!!!.

    Hugs Pm x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful crafting from this young scholar. Sounds like she is pretty focused on everything she does. Please tell her good marks are NOT boring! Just intelligent and shows she pays attention. As did the fact that she notices the colors that her teacher prefers and added same to the pretty pearl drop pendant. She sounds very thoughtful as well as bright! Hugs to you and Beth as well. Hope they have a wonderful summer. Wish I could send you some of the hot sunshine we have here. TFS & Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Hazel Well done too Beth your pendant is lovely your teacher will love it.
    Hug's Lynda xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow this is gorgeous! Well done Beth! Hugs Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete