Monday, 20 April 2015

JUNE'S CARD





This card is the one I made for June.   Again "Just because"  but in side I have stamped the sentiment

                                                       " It takes time to grow an old friend"

She is an old friend of 37 years, and phones me every Sunday when possible, I often phone her first, but 9 out of 10 it's June that gets in first.

I don't want her feeling  left out, a lot of attention is on Sam at the minute, and yes it has to be as he is going through a tough time - it's the unknown at the moment!  They didn't think his tumour was as large as it was and of course only thought he would need a small amount of chemo.   As it is he is having quite a lot.    So it will be tough on them both, June can drive but she has lost confidence and feels she is better not to endanger any others plus herself getting behind the wheel.  Of course Sam is not allowed to drive at the moment due to him not being 100%.  So life is very much on hold.   Daughter and son-inlaw having to take them places.   Me I say it's just pay back for all the years they were taxi service to them.

7x7 card
Sue Wilson  :- Diagonals - Love Hearts
Heartfelt Creations. :-Aster die
Heartfelt.Creation. :-  Posy Patch leaves
Sue Wilson  :- vine leaves
Spellbinders Dotty folder.
Backing Paper :- The Works

I bought the diagonal die weeks ago and just didn't get round to using it, plus I wasn't sure how it would work, but Sue had a video last week showing how you could use it.   No stopping after that - I had to play to see if it did work, so this is my first card using it properly.  I can see it being like my striplets and will get used a lot.

Thank you for your comments,I do love reading them and do appreciate everyone of them.                  I am hoping that their cards will just show we are thinking of them.
If it wasn't so far we would visit, but Grantham is just to far from here.

It's back to working a full week for me this week!   I will miss all the free time, but saying that I don't work the time in between dropping the girls off at school and picking them up.

Have a good day and take care.

Hazel xxx

24 comments:

  1. Good morning Sis,,
    Love, love, love it. Did when you showed me it the other day and still do.
    I feel a wee purchase coming on!!!! Love the effect that Die gives and your beautiful Aster finishes it off to perfection.
    Don't work too hard
    Patricia x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Hazel,

    Gorgeous card, love that die though I really cannot afford anything more at the moment lol!
    I am sure your friend will appreciate it and I do hope Sam gets better. It will be hard on them both.

    Have a great day

    Love & hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Hazel. I am sure it will go a long way to helping your friend. Even just knowing that so.some is thinking of you gives such a lift. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card Hazel, I can imagine you will work wonders with that die as you use them so well. I'm sure your friend will love it.....best wishes to them.
    hugs Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card I love these new diagonal dies and hope to buy a one or too after next months pay day! Your friend knows that you're there for them and this card will be a lovely reminder and hopefully will make them smile a little through this difficult time

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Hazel, your card is beautiful, lovely dies and your aster bloom is gorgeous. Must be difficult for your friends just now, I hope they have respite soon, hugs Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Hazel,
    super creation.
    I saw Sue's video on this, and thought that is very unusual die.
    You have done a great job with it.
    Great of you to remember her as she must be so stressed at the mo.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Hazel,
    This is such a lovely card and I'm sure your friend will greatly appreciate the gesture. I will remember June and Sam in my prayers.
    I hope you aren't working too hard, and please tell me which stamp you have used. This would be so useful for some of my cards.
    Love Maureen xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card & lovely idea to make it for your friend.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi hazel.
    Ooooh that diagonal is georgeous. I can see me getting that one. I got two new cd tons on sale girls at crafters companion £5 each from bebunni range I already bought two of them full price an they are fab so I thought bargain two for the price of less than one!! Normally £15 xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card for your friend Hazel, sure she will really appreciate your card. love the diagonal die and beautiful flowers.
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Hazel - this card is gorgoeus and such a lovely card for your friend - a fair old trek for you to Grantham but not so far for us but cards with such special meaning cross the miles and remind our friends that although you are not there in person your thoughts certainly are xx take care xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. what a lovely friend you are Hazel - wonderful card for June. Sorry to hear June's husbands health isn't as good as was first thought. Big hugs to you Hazel xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Hazel
    Kind thoughts go a long way so I'm sure that yours will be a tonic to Sam and June.
    A very pretty card that is perfect for sending your best wishes.
    Take care.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh Hazel that diagonal die is just beautiful, I love how you've split up the card and the sentiment inside is just perfect too.
    Shame your friends are having such a hard time just now, but being there, even just at the end of the phone, I'm sure will be appreciated.
    A full week at work, bar humbug, it so gets in the way of crafty fun!
    I'm only working Saturday this week but have lots of things to catch up on that haven't been done when I've been more busy with work. I will find some time to craft though, needs must!

    Hugs Erika. x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Prayers for your friend & her family. It was lovely for you to encourage her with this gorgeous card. I have to go look for this die, as it has made a stunningly beautiful card. The pretty embossing and peek at the underneath layer makes the front so textured, especially with this nifty spring flower & the way you did the sentiment. Well done! TFS & Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  17. It's a gorgeous card, Hazel, I'm so sorry to hear that they're having a hard time at the moment, I'm sure the card will be much appreciated.

    Love and warm hugs
    Maarit

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Hazel,
    Wow what a lovely card! How very kind of you to show me just how to use it! As you know I ordered one yesterday! It's definitely great minds!
    It's a beautiful card to send to your friend and I love that sentiment and use it a lot. It covers so many occasions. Love the flower too.
    Thanks Hazel.
    Hope you've got your feet up now!
    Love Myra xxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow Hazel
    Your card is gorgeous I got one of them die's at AP & haven't used it yet but now I have seen you're im going to play tomorrow. Hug's Lynda xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hazel what a beautiful card love it, and such a very thoughtful reason for making it, a little thought goes a long way I always find.
    Love and hugs
    Margaret corgi owner xxx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful card Hazel and love the sentiment. Your friends are in my prayers and I hope everything goes well for them

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Hazel, this is a beautiful card and it will have been so appreciated, hugs Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hazel this is gorgeous. Your friend will cherish this for life just like you cherish each others friendship.
    Have a good day.
    Lancashire Steph xxx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Gorgeous card and love the sentiments, love this die and the way you have used it
    Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete