Monday, 9 February 2015

WEDDING CARD





Good evening.  Haven't we had a lovely day weather wise, well we have!    It's been a chilly but the sun was shining, it was lovely, it even had a bit of a spring feel in the air.
Thank you for all our comments on my " BEER CAKES". I do love the challenge of making these when I am given details of what the Man receiving it likes.  I do get asked for plainer ones, the Highland cow one took me to another level, and since then as some of you will know I have done a few others that I had to think out of the box.

Now I did mean to welcome Myra to my blog the other day and forgot, Myra dosent have a blog, but she makes stunning cards, my head just wasn't in a great place.   I am off for a few days, The girls daddy is off using up holidays that he will loose if he doesn't use them up.  He did think I was still coming in to take the girls to school, but I said NO there wasn't any point of me going in for a half an hour in the morning and evening, he could do it.  So my day has been filled with making evening invites and making a wedding card for Gillians friend who surprised every one getting married last week.


Now the photos are terrible, I photo them quickly to send to Gillian let her see what she thought, she came in on her way home from work, yes you have got it, off she went home with the card and I hadn't photographed it properly. Never mind it gives you an idea of what I had done.

The middle die is a new one I treated myself to its  by Die'sire and is called extravagance.  The back ground paper is from First Eddition Dream Catcher pad.   The stamps in the middle are one I bought from www.stsmpingallday.co.uk.  Of coarse I have used my lovely hearts striplet backed  again with the Dream Catcher paper.    The heart stamp with Mr & Mrs is from a bargain packet I got from my local craft shop.
Gillian when off home to make her own insert for her friend, they studied together as podiatrists over 25 years ago.
Well I am having a break from invites tonight, my shoulder is a bit sore.  I am sitting here with a heat bag that the lovely " Margaret Corgie Owner" made for me. the heat is working.   I will be back at the " factory" as I call it tomorrow doing more invites.  With any luck everything should be finished this weekend.

Any way I am off to sit back and put my feet up and do nothing.

Take care and thank you for popping in.

Hazel xxxx



21 comments:

  1. Hi Hazel this is so beautiful I love the design and I the cuts are gorgeous.
    Sorry not been around for a couple of days New car back in garage broke down on Friday still not got it back. then the top it off fell three times this morning face is lovely and black.
    Any way this card is stunning I love it.

    Debs xx
    {Debs Cards– my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful card Hazel, your design is so elegant and I love the colours.
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good evening Sis, as I told you earlier today your card is absolutely amazing. Love, love, love it, fantastic design.
    Take it easy don't over do it
    Hugs

    Patricia xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Hazel
    What a stunning card. I first thought this was one of Gillian's invites.
    You'll have a bit more time on your hands when you finish at work so just take it steady and pace yourself with that bad shoulder.
    Take care.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Hazel this is beautiful - luv it all and the background paper is lovely - hope you enjoyed your day of doing nothing - hopefully you DID manage to do nothing - and hopefully having a day off will help your shoulder recuperate too xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card design Hazel, beautiful die work, love the colours..
    hope your shoulder has eased of a bit.
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good evening Hazel wow what a beautiful card so very beautiful and elegant too I love this one so lovely.
    I do hope you are relaxing tonight and allowing your shoulder some time rest and recover a little, pleased your rice bag is giving you some relief, you are more than welcome.
    Healing hugs being sent your way, take care.
    With love
    Margaret corgi owner

    ReplyDelete
  8. Take care and this is a gorgeous card, xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. A beautiful card Hazel, love your design. Hope your shoulder is less sore today and you are able to crack on with the invites! Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful, love the hint of colour coming through, Enjoy your few days off!
    hugs Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  11. A lovely card Hazel, great use of that lovely die and the pretty pastel colour is perfect. Take care xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful cards Hazel, so elegant.

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  13. hello hazel. i hope you are enjoying your days off. your card is a beauty. it looks wonderful! hope the weather is good for you today too. hugs rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is really lovely Hazel. Watch that shoulder of yours and take it easy. Hugs Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Hazel,
    What a beautiful wedding card, so pretty!
    Making invitations dies end up feeling like a production line, it's very monotonous! But to see the look on their faces when you give them is worth all the hard work!
    Love & hugs
    Sandra xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hello Hazel, what a stunning card, the dies are gorgeous and I know this paper pad and there are wornderful papers in it. I'm sure the card will be treasured.
    Sorry to hear your shoulder is giving you gipp, heat pad hopefully will help.
    Are you working out your notice? Take care, hugs Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Hazel

    Beautiful card, that is a very special one for their memory box. Take care with your shoulder. Paul also has the pleasure of Margaret's heat pads and it has helped immensely. She's a real treasure.

    Big hugs

    Tina XX

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh my! Each is just so lovely. Those Die'sire dies are so intricately crafted and make the most beautiful cards with minimal effort. Of course you know I love the SW striplet. The wonderful papers you selected really show off each of these dies so well. TFS & Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Hazel,
    Thank you very much for your lovely welcome! It is so nice to see everyone's lovely work! The wedding card is beautiful and I have often looked at the Die'sire dies and wondered about them. I thought one might be helpful for the run of the mill Christmas ones as opposed to the ones for family and special friends!
    Do give your shoulder a rest. So lovely that Margaret sent you something to help you.
    Hope you feel better tomorrow!
    Love Myra xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a stunning card. Bet it stood out a mile between the shop bought ! Whst a lucky couple to have a Hazel in their wedding memory box lol.
    Id be lost without a Margaret bag as would my hubby and son in law. Such a treasure you are Margaret.
    Love n hugs.
    Lancashire Steph xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Hazel. a stunning card..the couple must have been so thrilled with it,beautiful! Hugs Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete