Wednesday, 18 February 2015

"THANK YOU CARD"







Good evening.  Firstly Gillian said " thank you for all your lovely comments on my cats". She was thrilled you all loved them, she is having fun making all the bits of the project.

My card is one that I made to thank Margaret Corgi Owner, this very kind lady made and sent Partricia and myself some of her wonderfull heat bags.   They are great and I have used the little pocket ones and a large one a lot, and I know Patricia's John  has been using ones for his sore knees.

 I used a 6x6 card blank, Papermania french lavender paper, Sue wilson Salzburg die, curled vines die,and  bow die. Heart felt creation aster die, LOTV thank you stamp and some lace from my stash.
I have to say I love the papers in the French Lavender pad.  

Well I am pleased to say that I have completed the cutting of the required amount of striplets, ok I might have to cut some more if they decide to invite a few others, I have still to cut and emboss the card to make some more of the evening invitations, I am getting their.  I will be helping Calum grandson with his school project, which involves making an Anderson shelter, now he knows what he wants to do but needs Granny help as he says " granny you have the card and things that I will need to use". Thank goodness I am of some use???  I know he has his eye on the bits of "wall" paper that I have left over from a couple of beer cakes, plus the grass stuff.    It will be fun, I am babysitting for them so it will keep us busy.

Now I am going to leave you with another one of Gills takes on one of their pets.  I hope you like this one as much as I do?




She has even put feathers round it's neck and it's tail!!!

Well that's it, apart for me to leave a message for Tracy Stitt.  Tracy your cards are lovely, thank you for letting me see them.  I think you should set yourself up with a blog, it seems like it's hard, but Tracy if I can do one any one can.   

Into work tomorrow Daddy and Anna are planing to go skiing, so it will be an early start for them so I will take Beth to school.  

Take care and for those of you who are not feeling 100% here are some ((((((hugs)))))) just help yourselves.

Hazel xxx


19 comments:

  1. Evening Hazel gad you've got all your die cutting done for now. And you will know how to make the Anderson shelter as granny's know how to do any thing Lol. I've got one in my back garden and George keeps say he wants to get rid of it but I want to keep it as its been there 60 odd years it's part of history,
    Anyway back to the card it is beautiful and I love the colours and the design are wonderful. xx

    Hugs Debs xx
    {Debs Cards– my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Hazel, looks so elegant, lovely die and gorgeous coloured papers.
    Fabulous make by Gill..such big eyes..LOL
    Pam ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is gorgeous Hazel, such a beautiful and elegant design.
    Another fabulous make from Gillian!
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card and I'm sure that Margaret will love it too. Love Gillians New addition too. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is gorgeous and really pretty paper - Margaret will love it xx love the latest project from Gillian too - she will be creating a famyard next!! xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi hazel
    The hen looks fab. If that was made of chocolate I'd be buying to eat straight away!!!
    Thank u also for ur kind words on my cards.
    Me do a blog hmmmm I dunno. I don't even do Facebook lol.
    I work full time an barley have time to look at other blogs an reply let alone set one up an keep it goin hehheh xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good morning Sis, love the card and I am sure Margaret will have as well.
    Yes! her Heat Bags are brilliant, John uses the little ones for his "wonky knees" sure do help.
    Aww!! now that wee chicken could come stay in my garden any time I love it.
    These would make great gifts, how about a Collie Dog I would buy a couple of them. I need a black and white one. Then another black white with a wee bit tan at the neck.
    Have a good day
    Hugs

    Patricia x

    ReplyDelete
  8. A lovely thank you card Hazel, beautiful die cuts. So pleased you got your die cutting done (hopefully) for the invites - upwards and onwards now, so to speak! Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card Hazel, the papers look lovely.

    Glad you got all your cutting done, and what a lovely Chicken Gillian has made. She could sell these, painted and varnished as good as any I have seen in the shops lol!

    Have a great day

    Love & hugs

    Jacquie j xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Hazel, your card is lovely, the shades of lavender are so soft and gentle.
    Love the chicken, for some reason I thought he was made from chocolate, that's where my brain is just now, I could kill for a piece of it.
    Sounds like you will be really busy with the Anderson shelter, have fun, hugs Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Hazel,
    Your card for Margaret is so pretty, I bet she was thrilled to receive it!
    Couldn't you just throttle these teachers with their ideas on some of these projects, I have helped the girls make anything from a 'shanty town cake' to a world war 2 trench, full size battle shields, for Battle of Hastings, Mott & Bailey Castle out of cake, you name it we have spent many hours creating it!
    I think that these teachers have a right laugh!
    That chicken, looks like a 'rocking chicken' totally brilliant, well done Gillian!
    Gave fun with your Anderson Shelter!
    Love & hugs
    Sandra xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Hazel. This card is very pretty. My favourite colour and I think I have that pad from Pspermania. Also like the chicken. Heat bags are very useful. Using one now as was feeling a bit cold. You said about the Anderson shelter. My granddaughter has to make an igloo The things they expect these children to make. I am sure some parents and grandparents don't bother.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Hazel, a lovely card there, perfect use of dies and colour. The chicken is fab too.
    My top tip, when doing lots of repeat cards i.e. weddings always keep it simple!
    I learnt that the hard way! ;)
    I can't wait to see your Anderson shelter. Sounds like you have a fun weekend planned.

    Happy crafting, hugs Erika. x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Hazel,
    I'm a bit late as been out all day.
    Your card is really lovely in such soft delicate shades.
    So pleased you have come to the end of the Striplet marathon!
    I think that chicken looks a real character - great face!
    Lots of love,
    Myra xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Another little sculpture cutie...it's darling. Your very elegant card really caught my eye with the SW oval. (You knew it would, didn't you? Love those dies). Very pretty with that wonderful lavender paper. Wish I had that as wallpaper in my house. Wonderful card. I think I have the SU stamp you mentioned...it is a 2-step stamp that just came out recently. I had just received my order with that set, and then saw these smaller stamps at the show. Thought it would work the same way, and it did! Very cold (for us) here tonight. But after this month, we'll start with the spring weather. You take care, and glad you can see the light at the end of the tunnel on the wedding cards. TFS & Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh Hazel, its absolutly beautiful. Margaret would have adored it Im certain. She would also say it wasnt necessary, but all being of the 'same age' we were bought up to give thank you cards/letter's for any gifts we received.
    It will surely be in her memory box : )
    Have a good Friday.
    Lancashire Steph xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Stunning card Hazel, absolutely beautiful! The chicken is adorable, love it! Hugs Carole ZX

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Hazel
    Finally getting round to commenting with his arm so sorry for delay.
    Your card is divine. We sell those papers and I stroke them each shift lol!
    Love the chicken. Looks like he's wearing shades hahaha!
    Have a great weekend.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Hazel just to say your card looks so much more beautiful than shown here it is on display on my bookcase in the lounge and lots of visitors have admired it, and so they should it is stunning and will be going into my keepsake box. Many thanks again.
    With love
    Margaret xxx

    ReplyDelete