Thursday, 12 February 2015

OLDIE FRIDAY





Good morning and thank you for calling in to see my "Oldie Friday " .   A very simple card made from my "bit box".  When I have cut out a die cut, I always look to see if the waste can be used and if I think it can I put it in my box, the embossed piece is from me cutting out the "Marianna" creatable foliage was just right for another card, I backed this with another piece of waste card from me cutting the same die, I ofset them so the colour just filled in where needed.  Cut the "Memory Box" foliage out and added the ribbon and bow. The ribbon was the same colour as the card but looks more red.  I think this was a 5x7 card, can't remember. I made this away back early last year, when I was just starting.

It's house work this morning , then I am picking Anna up from school at 1.10 they only do till lunch time on Friday a complete waste of time In my eyes, Anna often says friends and other pupils in her year didn't come to school for the morning, as they can't see the point of coming in for a few hours.  The thing is they are the only school so far that has started doing this in the area. Edinburgh schools all finish at lunch on a Friday.  What it coming to??  Children will grow up thinking that when they get a job they will finish at lunch time Friday too. I don't think so unless they work flexi hours.

Thank you for your comments on the photos of St Andrews beach, I am so glad it brought back so many happy memories for so many of you.  We are lucky having that and so many more beautiful beaches within a short driving distance, we use to live at Easthaven a very small viliage of 40 houses just outside Carnoustie, and the beach was a stones throw from our house and the view from our lounge and kitchen was the sea, I do miss it.

Well Id better make a move or it will be time to do pick and nothing will be done again.
Take care and enjoy your day.

Hazel xxx

17 comments:

  1. Good morning Sis,
    I remember this one. One of the first you made when you started Card Making.
    Think of all the wonderful things you have done since those days!!
    I really admire how you embraced everything to do with Paper and Crafting.
    Have a good day

    Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful card Hazel, love the dies you have used and the added zing of colour. Boys off all day today, will have to do something at some point!
    Have a super weekend and thanks for joining me in sharing an oldie today.

    Hugs Erika. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful card Hazel, love the dies you have used and the added zing of colour. Boys off all day today, will have to do something at some point!
    Have a super weekend and thanks for joining me in sharing an oldie today.

    Hugs Erika. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card Hazel. Love the fact you made it with off cuts , it really has a great effect. Have a Good Day. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous Hazel, a really effective design and beautiful red ribbon.
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. The is really lovely Hazel and who would know it was only off cuts, a girl after my own heart, I hate waste! This card is so very stylish, sometimes just the two colours can really make a statement and yours does it is so beautiful.
    Take care and have a lovely weekend.
    Hugs
    Margaret corgi owner xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Afternoon Hazel what a lovely card I love the die cuts and the design is wonderful. xx

    Debs xx
    {Debs Cards– my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Hazel,
    what a very Super card for your Oldie for Friday.
    Love the fab design and the beautiful red ribbon too.
    Great idea using the negative of the die cut.
    I am just going to take another look at your Baby Cake ideas, as my Granddaughter is having a Baby Shower at the end of this month, and I would like to make her one.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Hazel,
    Well to say you have used off cuts your Card is Truly Amazing, I Love Cards like this thanks for sharing Hazel
    Love and Hugs
    From Sam xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow Hazel, one of the first you made ? Absolutly amazing, looks like you'd been card making for year's. Have a lovely weekend.
    Hugs.
    Lancashire Steph.

    Cant open Patricia's blog for some reason ! Very odd as the few lovely blogs I do comment on have opened. So Patricia your oldie is lush. Can imagin what your ladies would say if that was your project for them lol. Have a good weekend too Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Steph I have pased on your message to Patricia, Hazel x

      Delete
  11. Halo hazel.
    I saw ur Scottish comment on sues blog lol
    So I thought I'd have a peek at ur blog :-)
    Ur card is simply beautiful. I love plain an simple.
    I'm from Kilmarnock so if I'm passing your way sometime it would be nice to put a face to the name lol xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome Tracy, yes do lets me know, Patricia-summerhousecraftsblogspot who blogs on Sue is my big sister and we would love to meet up, if you let us know in advance as we live close as the crow flies but a 100 mile round trip. I live just outside Cupar. Hazel,x

      Delete
  12. What a lovely card and all the more so because it was made with 'waste' I remember it first time around and think I commented how good it was for an early crafter compared to mine which were quite literally a card blank with stickers attached - oh how I cringe when I think I actually sent them as Chistmas cards - hopefully the shoulder is holding up and the cranking of the handle is now able to slow down a little xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello Hazel, I remember this gorgeous card, lovely CAS style.
    Have a really good weekend, hugs Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Hazel, I also remember this beautiful card, lovely design and gorgeous colours.
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Hazel
    This was a very pretty and genius way of using your waste.
    Can the kids just decide not to bother going in on a Friday morning without getting into trouble? Seems an odd set up for a school but that's progress for you lol!
    Have a lovely Valentines weekend.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete