Tuesday, 27 January 2015

THANK YOU CARD



Good morning, and thank you for all your kind comments on my peek of what will be the die cuts on Andrew and Gillians invitations.    You know if you could loose weight from turning that handle on the machine it would be great, no I will end up having a muscle bigger on my right arm from my left!!!     I did ask Charlie if he could think of some how adding a wee motor to the handle?  Now if my dad had been alive I know he'd have thought of a way.  Any way I will just battle on.    Now my striplet cracked but it's only a little crack, but I did try using a file to see if I could make it less sharp, but it's in a place that you can't get into, saying that it's going no where I will still use it.   The new die wasn't that expensive if you think of paying that or getting blood on the die cut?  I take steroids which as a lot of you will know can effect me being able to stop the my hand/finger bleeding quickly.

Now I was going to show the card I was intending to make for Tammy's godfather who started his radiotherapy, well I just could get it to work. I think it was due to being tired, I had watched the clock every hour the night before.   So I ended up being asleep by 9pm last night.  
I did make this little Thank You card.  Now I am using A3 card for cutting the die cuts from and I use the strips etc for cutting striplets and the leaves and I ended up having a piece left size - 41/2ins x 61/2 ins now I just couldn't let that go unused, so I made it into a little Thank You card, added a couple of die cuts out of the bits that I had left to one side for cutting small dies cuts from, so these will be used to make these.



Gillian and Andrew loved them, and as they say they will need a few so great use of the spare card.

I am  off to cut some more bits.  I should be doing the ironing, but hey ho that can wait I am not working first thing tomorrow and I do like ironing first thing in the morning. So I will do it then.

Well I hope this weather warning of bad weather won't come to much.  It's a very mild day here so I am putting washing out, it might not dry properly but even just a bit will be good.

Take care.  ((((((Hugs))))) to those who need them.

Hazel xxx

21 comments:

  1. A great CAS card Hazel and so much more fun than ironing"
    I love your dies.
    I'm with you on the weather front, lets hope it eases as it comes across the pond!

    Hugs Erika. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Hazel,
    I Love Your Card as I really Love White on White Cards.
    Take great care
    Love and Hugs
    From Sam xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a gorgeous card Hazel, a really effective design.
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! Sis,
    Great use of the left over bits.
    CAS and very elegant
    Hugs

    Patricia xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Hazel simply stunning I love that die as it looks really elegant. Hazel you'll have to invest in a Ebosser so your arm can have a rest. I love my Ebooser it's the best thing I've ever bought.
    Just keep going it will be soon over you'll look like popeye when you've finished. xx

    Debs x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Hazel,
    what a very lovely thank you card.
    I do love white on white cards.
    I know what you mean about wedding invites, as I made my granddaughters, and she had a stamped image in each corner, and these moonlight butterflies that took at least 4 goes through the GC to cut.
    this was before I owned my EBosser, and there were 2 butterflies on each invite.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Hazel oh you are clever using up your scraps to such good use they are lovely, I just adore white on white. I can see this wedding is going to have wonderful stationary that the guests will treasure, and better than that no one else will have the same.
    Hugs
    Margaret corgi owner

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card design using left over card Hazel, love WOW ..
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  9. a wonderful card Hazel - beautiful design. Thanks for the hug xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Hazel
    Great use of your offcuts.
    Should think you'll be on steroids for body building at this rate lol!
    A true labour of love, which will make the invites even more special.
    Hope you have gotten over your tumble.
    Take care.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Hazel,
    What a genius idea for the left over card but I feel you have given yourself another job!
    You are going to look like a bodybuilder on one side anyway, I wonder how many calories it uses up?
    I can't wait to see the final invitations.
    Crafty Hugs
    Sandra xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. A beautiful use of a 'snippet'. It makes a very lovely thank you card to carry out the theme of your wedding invitations too. Good for you at seeing the possibilities. Glad to hear you are replacing your die. Might you let the company know this happened? Perhaps they would replace it for you? I've had trouble with a couple of dies, and let the company know. Each one was generous in replacing...so good luck. (I cringe when you mention ironing. Our iron retired when _we_ did!). Hope you don't get the bad weather either. TFS &Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful use of your snippets Hazel. I tend to save mine for a while then throw them away! Your die cuts for the invitations looks really pretty I look forward to seeing your design. Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a fab CAS card Hazel, love it! Hugs Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful Hazel.

    Glad you replaced your die lol!

    Take care in that bad weather if you have any up there?

    Love & hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Simple, delicate and pure white. Stunning work Hazel. Its so nice to know that our daughter's will have the most beautiful wedding stationary that NO bride will ever have anywhere. And even if someone did ever ask for the same I made for our daughter, the answer would have to be "No sorry, I dont do repeats, every batch of wedding stationary is personal to each bride and groom to be" your daughter will certainly have the most wonderful stationary made by the most important person in her life.
    Enjoy and make memories.
    Stay warm and safe.
    Lancashire Steph xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Hazel, lovely little card and a great use of the snippet. I like the die yoy;ve used.
    What a pity you're so tired, it's awful watching the hours pass and can't sleep, been there many times. Hope you can cach up on your sleep, take care, hugs Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Hazel
    Love this card white on white always work well for me gorgeous.
    Hug's Lynda. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Hazel
    I do hope you don't mind my asking you about the advice you gave to Lynda on her blog as I have problems with feet and legs after my accident and the surgery that did not go according to plan. I am all in favour of no drugs I do believe the less you take the better, could you possibly advise on the amounts of the calcium and magnesium to be taken as I would like to try these? my email is d_bowe@sky.com
    Very many thanks.
    With love
    Margaret xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Hazel,
    What a lovely elegant card! Just perfect for the job and using up your left over card. Genius!
    I am tired now but after visitors I need to sit down in peace and quiet for a while! My husband can happily go to bed and fall asleep immediately. However he is better than me at getting up in the morning!
    Keep up the good work!
    Love Myra x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gorgeous card - so simple but soooo elegant - luv it xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete