Wednesday, 14 January 2015

A CARD AWAITING A NAME










Good afternoon.   Well we had snow it was "dinging it down" as they would say here, but thankfully didn't come to much and has now gone, for how long??? We will wait a see.  

Today's card is yet unnamed, I will add the little girls name above the die cut, once Andrew makes up his mind if it's for Emily or Caitlin.  Terrible at the age of 6 to have two loves in his life.  I think Emily will be the name on it.  

The card is an 8x8 prefolded card,   LOTV I age, the large die cut is Spellbinders expandable patterns, Memory Box ong strip of Hearts, Memory Box Blushing Bouquet, Sue Wilson vine leaves ( out of my bit box).  Die'sire hearts.  Papers and pearls from stash. I will use XCut letters for the name.

Thank you for to you all for asking after Charlie, he is a bit better but still isn't great, it will be a good few days before he is back to normal, what ever that is...... So I am still dog walking, it does blow the cobwebs out, oh boy it's head nippingly cold out there.


Harris doing what he loves doing, finding different smells

 Now this is another building belonging to the Piory, this is what was the stable block, you can Imagine the carriages going in through arche way can't you?


This is just to show how big the building is you could park 4 artic lorries in the middle!  
Oh those were the days,  how many people were employed to just run those stables???
The butler and house keeper had houses just across the court yard at the side of the ruin I showed .
It takes me 45minutes to walk all the way round, but today I turned back, as at one point it's so open the wind gets to you, so sorry Margaret I was going to photograph the snow drops to show you, but it was just to cold to go that way today. 

Any way most go and get Beth from school, thank for all the lovely comments on my two cards, I have a few more to make before I start on Gillian and Andrews invitations.

Please take care in this terrible weather and keep warm.

((((((Hugs)))))) to those who need them.

Hazel xxx

P.S. I noticed a couple of spelling mistakes, well letters missing but will this ipad let me get to them to change them. NO!!!  

18 comments:

  1. Good Evening Hazel and what a very sweet card, LOTV image is gorgeous as ever and the dies are fabulous. I'm chuckling about Andrew having two girlfriends, bless him, he'll learn soon enough that one is more than enough.
    It's been so cold here today with more snow, I've been going about with a scarf on all day and thermal leggings on under trousers and the heating is one. Stay safe and warm, hugs Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a gorgeous and sweet card Hazel, full of pretty detailing. I am sure either Emily or Caitlin will love it!.
    Thank you for sharing your fabulous photos.
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Hazel and a beautiful walk, looks lovely even if it is cold but I know what you mean, that wind can be cutting.

    Take care and I hope Charlie is better soon.

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie j xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good evening Sis,
    Just having thoughts of Andrew and his girlfriends .... LOL!!!
    Variety is the spice of life ........ he likes choices!!!
    Anyway it's a beautiful whoever it's for. Love all your Die Cuts,colours and great design.
    Beautiful pictures of a wonderful, magical place.
    Hope Charlie improves overnight.

    Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Evening Hazel WOW this is stunning I love the colours and the design. I love the image too.
    I've had a little chuckle over Andrew having two girl friends at six.
    He's keeping his options open. Which ever girl gets the card i'm sure she will love it.
    You Take care while walking in the cold weather.

    Debs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card Hazel, love this gorgeous image, hearts and layout.
    Had to laugh at comments above about Andrew..
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous Card Hazel, Emily will be one very happy little girl, she will have a lovely card and little Andrews heart! bless him having the choice of two!
    clearly a heartbreaker in the making!
    You walk through some stunning scenery there Hazel, its great to take 5 minutes to appreciate it isn't it, look forward to more cards and scenery shots!
    Hugs
    Sandra xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card Hazel. Fabulous pictures as well. We have not had any snow, but the wind and rain is horrific. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. It will be loved, whatever the name!! I can see how chilly it is by the photos Hazel and aren't dogs luck to have fur coats!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. A lovely card Hazel love the pretty die cuts. No snow here but the winds have returned! Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Morning Hazel love the photos and the area looks fab and what s lovely area to walk in xx as you know I love walking and manage a walk most nights with our daughter and Baxter (our golden retriever gran puppy) and always feel so much better for doing so xx anyway back to your gorgeous card it is really pretty and a lovely image and whoever recieves it will think Andrew is a keeper xx hope your OH starts improving soon xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my word Hazel, any little girl would adore this sweet little girl card. Its so lovely, makes you smile.
    Stay safe and warm.
    Lancashire Steph xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Hazel
    Your card is gorgeous & so sweet any 6 year old girl would love it.
    I love all your images.
    Hugs Lynda xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hazel, love your card and cute image. Great use of dies too. You did make me smile, a certain 6 year old not knowing who to send it to yet!
    Oh to have those problems!
    As for the stables I used to live in a block very similar when I worked at Rosyth, they'd been converted into houses with a courtyard inside. Happy times, my first time living in my own place, all be it rented.
    I have felt exactly the same out walking the dog this week too, brrrr! Fairly wakes you up.
    Happy crafting, hugs Erika. x

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a delightful card so beautiful, whoever gets it should be over the moon and treasure it. I made one for my grandson to give a little girl and six months later her mum said it was still out on show she was so delighted with it.
    I am so pleased Hazel that you turned back in the cold, the snowdrops will be there for another day when the weather is being kinder to you. What a beautiful setting for dog walking. We had a friend who lived in a beautiful old hall that had stables and surrounding buildings very similar I loved visiting.
    Do take care in the bad weather, I do hope that hubby keeps making good progress and is soon dog walking again.
    Hugs
    Margaret corgi owner

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Hazel
    Brrrrrr makes me feel cold looking at that snow. Poor Harris must have cold paws.
    Poor Charlie too, although at least he's getting to stay in the warm.
    Your card is fabulous. All the die cuts work so lovely together.
    Keep wrapped up chuck.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful card with all those heart. Cute LOTV stamp I have that one.
    Please don't go getting frozen to the marrow just to take a photo of the snowdrops for me. Wild horses wouldn't get me out in that snow and icy conditions. It is bad enough here after all the rain we had 2 days ago now we had strong winds with gusty rain and it is supposed to be SUMMER.
    Hugs
    Margaret M

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Hazel, brr just seeing the snow makes me yearn for spring! Your card is gorgeous and one little girl will be thrilled to receive it! Hugs Carole Z XX

    ReplyDelete