Wednesday, 31 December 2014

WEDDING DAY


Good morning everyone.   Well the last day of 2014.    I have to say it seems to have been a very quick year, I know that sound stupid and oh many years ago when A person of many years of age would say to me " you wait till you get older your will feel the same".  Now my words were " oh yes" I don't think so?   How wrong was I!!!   We are ending our year with the forth coming happy event that will take place in the summer. Our daughter Gillian will get married.  This time last year it wasn't even a thought, yes Gillian had meet Andrew but just.   We are so happy for them both.

While making Andrew and Gillians card, I was half way through making a wedding card that Tammy had asked me to make, but on see the design of A&Gs one Tammy asked if she could change her mind.
So it is on the same design but different.   The in structions were they like black, don't do frills.
This is what I came up with. YES that striplet was used again.














 

It's an 8x8 card, embossed with a folder that is a Spellbinders one but I don't know the name, it's pretty with all the hearts.   The papers are from my First Eddition Noir et Chic pad, for those who have this pad you will know that the black is lovely.   It's special with those sparkly bits through it, and I felt was just right for a special day card. Ribbon for tieing the gift walket is from stash.

I just hope the couple like it, I know Tammy was very pleased she asked for the change in design.

Well I am off to do some housework, now I won't be running around deep cleaning or anything like that  just because tradition says one must deep clean ones house before the New Year comes in.  Well I am sorry that's not going to happen in this house as I am off to work soon and two life is to short for that in my books these days.

So what ever you are doing this New Year's Eve please take extra care.   It just remains for me to wish each and every one of you.


                                    A HAPPY NEW YEAR AND I HOPE 2015 WILL BRING YOU ALL
                       
                                               GOOD  HEALTH AND HAPPINESS.

                                                              Hazel xxx


11 comments:

  1. A really beautiful card Hazel with one of my all time favourite dies, it is so very useful for all kinds of occasions, even wedding invitations don't you think?
    Wishing you and those that you love a wonderful and magical 2015, I am sure it will be with a very special wedding to look forward to.
    Hugs
    Margaret corgi owner

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Margaret, you are so right about these dies they are so usefull for any occasion, and yes I think one of them will be in use for those up coming invitations. Gillian will make that discision as to what striplet she wants. Hazel x

      Delete
  2. Hi Hazel

    Beautiful card and wallet, I'm sure the lucky couple will love it. Thank you for all your help and encouraging words for Claire and Anthea. Anthea came down over Christmas, and she looked so well and everything seems to be moving in the right direction, she has a bit of a limp as some nerves were damaged and she's not sure if they will ever repair, but like she said she can live with that. Thank you again Hazel.

    With love and hugs I wish you charlie and your family a Happy & Healthy 2015

    Tina XX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well Sis, youve done it again, your card and wallet are stunning, love them.
    What a fantastic year you have to look forward to. I am looking worward to all the excitement.
    Wishing you and Charlie a Very Happy, Healthy & Prosperous New Year
    Hope it brings all you wish for, especiallŷ a nice sunny day for the wedding!!!

    Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a gorgeous card Hazel. Your design is both beautiful and elegant.
    Wishing you all the best for a happy and healthy New Year
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's gorgeous Hazel, love the embossing & that die is fabulous!
    Wishing you all the very best for the New Year....hope it's full of good health & happiness & wishing your Daughter and partner a beautiful wedding day!
    hugs Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  6. a stunning card Hazel and don't apologise for using that die - its good to see you getting so much use out of it and coming up with so many designs - well done you! Wishing you and yours all the very best for 2015! Big hugs rachel xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Hazel
    Another terrific card. I recognised that backing paper as we are kindred spirits when it comes to FE paper pads lol!
    A special day for you to look forward to in the Summer. . . . . It'll be here before you know it!
    Wishing you more happy times and all that you wish for in 2015.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hazel, we've done similar posts tonight on our looking back to our more youthful days! (fleeting time, etc) Congrats on your DD's engagement, and that is one lovely card. You & Patricia inspired DH's Christmas card with the SW dies you use so beautifully. thanks for your visits & sweet comments during 2014. It's been so lovely getting to know you & your sister, and enjoy your skill at cardmaking. Wishing you the very best 2015 that you can possibly have in all ways. God Bless & TFS Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Hazel, Gorgeous card & wallet. You carry on using that striplets die as much as you like you make stunning card's using it, I'm the same with time going nowhere & yes 2014 went so quick,I remember my mum say where's the time gone now I say the same.
    I'm sure your Gillian & Andrew will love there card.
    Wish you & Charlie a Very Happy New Year Hugs Lynda xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Hazel, your card and wallet are fabulous ...I really must use the triplet die tat I have had for months and is still in its packaging...thank you for the ideas with this! Happy New Year! Hugs Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete