Monday, 6 October 2014

SO PROUD!!!


Good evening, do you ever regret that you didn't  go somewhere after the event is over???  Well as you know Beth wanted me to go to Glasgow to see her at the Scottish Horse Vaulting Competition  yesterday.  And I didn't go well in a way I feel guilty now.  As some of you will know she hasn't been doing this for long and yesterday she got fifth place in the individuals out of a Hugh class.  I now wish I had been there to see her do her routine.    Granted it would have been a terribly long day. They left at 6.40am and didn't get home until after 9 pm.   So I picked up a very tired girl from school this afternoon, it's a bath and an early night.


So from only starting back in April to getting a 5th I am proud of her.  Haven't got a photo of her in her gear yesterday, mummy only took videos.    Beth watched the World champion team doing their thing and has made up her mind that she wants to be a flyer.  This is the little person at the top of maybe 5 other vaulters all on the back of a very large horse - SCARY!!!   Knowing this little madam she will get there.   

Thank you for all your comments on my card, also to those who took time to go over to Tina's blog.http//:drakefieldcards.blogspot.co.uk. Thank you.
Now I have say thank you to Mary http//:caralinacardsbymaryh.blogspot.co.uk for taking the time last night to tell me how to do this link thing.  So thank you again Mary.

Well I have started my new work routine today.  Mum did drop off this morning and all I did was pick up. Worked all of 2 1/2 hours today which was lovely.  Granted tomorrow will be longer as I have to be in early, and it's a late finish. But I am off in between.

Take care and I hope your weather was better than ours today.   Tomorrow doesn't look like it will be any better.

Hazel xxx

18 comments:

  1. Hi Hazel
    Wow this is one very brave girl well done her she has done superbly well in such a very short time, please give her my congratulations.
    If you don't mind I will not tell my grandson about this, he loves his horse riding and is doing really well but for me this is one step too far for my little man he is only 7 and knows no fear at all.
    As for missing the competition, there will be more and next time she just may win with her determination, so don't miss the next one!
    Oh to be young again, ha ha.
    Hugs
    Margaret corgi owner

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Margaret. I don't blame you not telling your wee grandson. I have my heart in my mouth many a Tuesday when she is at practise, but she just loves it. She is 9 and has always been a climber etc. she to loves her pony and doing show jumping/ cross country with him.
      Hazel,x

      Delete
  2. Hi Hazel
    Crikey, I don't think I could bear to watch. I'd be terrified for her. Still, I suppose Beth knows her own limits and she has done well.
    Hope you get more crafty chill time now chuck.
    Not long to the NEC now, hurrah!!!
    Best wishs.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Hazel,

    Wow! Didn't she do well, please send her our congratulations, one very brave girl. I am sure there will be plenty of other competitions that you will be able to go to but she did do very well coming 5th.

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done to Beth, it sounds like she is full of confidence and will achieve all she sets out to do.
    I am pleased your new work routine is better.
    We have had awful weather here to, in the South of England. I don't think it's going to get any better for a while!
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations to Beth. She should be so proud of herself Hazel. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations to Beth.. bet she is so proud as you are Hazel.
    glad your work routine is better for you..
    pam x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations to Beth...and thank you for sharing this picture. My goodness, I was dizzy just looking at what she is doing! She is amazing. I think all who know her must feel so proud of what she is accomplishing. And kudos to you for getting the linking thing & if I helped a tiny bit, I'm glad I could! Hope you & the girls will have a fantastic week ahead. Now I'm off to Tina's to enjoy some more beautiful, lush cards! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well Sis, your wee Beth has done it again and made you a very proud Nanny once again. Tell her Congratulations from us all.
    Hope most of your days work out easier for you
    Hugs

    Patricia xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well done to Beth!! In a moment of madness I did try vaulting a few years ago, alas my balance proved to be my downfall (very nearly literally)!! I'm sure you will get the opportunity to watch her in the future by the sound of it!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good for her. Her determination will take her far - hopefully right to the top. Well done Beth! Hugs Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. She did do well, congratulations! Sounds like she is very determined to carry on so I am sure you will have plenty more opportunities to see her Hazel. Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Hazel you have one brave little girl you wouldn't get me near a horse never mind standing on it. Congratulations to Beth and well done

    Debs xx.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beth looks very high up Hazel, oh my, no wonder you didn't watch, I don't think I would like to. Heart in mouth moment I think.
    Good to hear you've got more time to yourself with work. Enjoy!

    Hugs Erika. x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Well done, congratulations! I'm amazed!

    Warm hugs
    Maarit

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Hazel,
    wonderful picture, and quite a scary one for us that don't know a lot about this.
    She is a very talented and courageous girl.
    Now you are going to laugh about this, you know I said I was going to email you how to link your blogs, well I did, but had a senior moment and emailed the wrong Hazel, and had an email back later asking me who Tina was, and was she having a senior moment.
    So I am so glad Mary helped you do this.
    Isn't she just a lovely person.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hello Hazel catching up as we have been away.
    Well done Beth, one very brave youngster, I'm sure she will get to be a flyer too, hugs Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Hazel, I'm still catching up in blogland so working my way backwards..wow well done Beth...I did a bit of this as a child, but preferred to stick to the show jumping and eventing...good on Beth, she'll get to the top! Hugs Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete