Friday, 17 October 2014

" OLDIE FRIDAY"



It's Friday again, a week has gone by so that's my first week off gone.    I have enjoyed doing very little, just  pottered around doing what needs doing in the house and Charlie and I have gone out for lunch etc.

Thank you for all the lovely comments on my  " Striplet". Cards.  I do love using those dies, as they create beautiful cards very simply.

" Oldie" Friday "  is Erika's  idea http://snappycrafts.blogspot.co.uk.  It's just a fun way of showing some of your older work, it can be anything not just a card, why not join in.       My " oldie" is this





I thought I'd show my Christmas table centre piece, I first showed this back in July, 2013. I even managed instruction on how I made this, the next day. Gosh what happened there I don't know because I wasn't that up to speed with things then and I still am not that great.   This centre piece can be reused for years, you just have to think of different things to put in the little pots and centre box.
I made one of these for my bosses holiday let cottage, and from that I got an order to make one from the family that were in the cottage for Christmas that year.   The next year the folk decided to take it home.    Does make you wonder.   I have made a good few of these.     

I am off now to make a card that I need for next week, so I will leave you here.  Enjoy your weekend and I hope the weather will be reasonable, I can't see it being any warmer, winter is not far off I think.   
Younger daughter and family are just back from to weeks with lovely warm temps, and my little grandson asked if they could go back as his bed was cold.  Bless !!!.   She told him she will buy him a cozy hot water bottle for now.  ( cheaper)  than another holiday.

Hazel xxx

14 comments:

  1. Hi Hazel, love your Christmas center piece, just so different.
    Poor little boy, he is right the temp has dropped quite a bit, especially at night. a hot water bottle is just the thing for him.
    Have a good weekend and see you Monday, hugs Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there Sis,
    These were and still are a real winner.
    A fantastic idea and so effective. A great talking point as well.
    Glad Tammy and family have a had a good holiday. Another year of saving ahead so wee Andrew can get back to the heat ......... I see a bit of his Aunty there .........!!!
    Have a great weekend
    Hugs

    Patricia xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Hazel,
    I always love your fab creations, and I remember this well.
    I thought then it was such a really great idea, and I still do.
    My my head is swimming with ideas to go in there.
    Fancy those peeps taking that one home with them, nothing funnier than some folks, and what they will chore.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Still looks good Hazel, xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Hazel this is really lovely and also has given me a lovely idea for a Christmas cake, I shall try and find your instructions, well done yet again and other great idea thank you so much.
    Have a great weekend
    Hugs
    Margaret corgi owner

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Margaret the instructions are on the 11th July 2013. If that's any help. I wish you had a blog then I could see what your Christmas is like. Glad I have again given you an idea. Hazel xx

      Delete
  6. HI Hazel, I remember this, a fab idea for a centre piece, it's brilliant! Have a good weekend, hugs Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Hazel these are such a lovely idea and what a great Christmas one. Hope you have a lovely weekend, Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is gorgeous Hazel, such a wonderful design and great idea.
    I am pleased you have had a relaxing week, I hope you enjoy next week too.
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Hazel
    Still a cracking centrepiece. You will have to tell us what you are popping in the pots this year.
    Glad you are getting to enjoy your break.
    Has been warm here today and supposed to be at the weekend too. No consolation for your poor grandson. The hot water bottle will be a poor substitute for sun, sea and sand lol!
    Have a great weekend.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful table piece Hazel, fancy someone taking it home, people hey???

    Hope you don't have too bad a weather over weekend, according to forecast you have a hurricane heading your way on Monday, while we all know how the weather can change and the weather people are not always right I hope everyone up in Scotland stay safe and its not as bad as they expect.

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I also remember this Hazel, brilliant Christmas centre piece, can fetch out yearly..
    pam

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Hazel just catching up on blogs and luv this so will defo have to look back to see how you made it xx glad you are enjoying your 'chill time' and hope you are doing exactly what you want to xx nothing nicer thank a cosy hot water bottle - mine is out again now winter season - although we are having positively balmy weather here at present - in fact it is 'barmy' weather - we sat outside last night at 8pm with friends having a drink - how many times can we do that in mid-October in the UK!!! xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Playing catch up after no internet. Love this gift idea Hazel, fab Christmas idea.
    Thanks for playing along, hugs Erika. x

    ReplyDelete