Thursday, 9 October 2014

AN "OLDIE". FOR FRIDAY!

Good morning,.  Welcome to all who pop in to see what I am up to.   Thank you for all your comments on my card and the ones for Beth.  She wrote out what i had to say, and checked my blog to make sure I hadn't changed anything.  She is good where manners are concerned.   ull To day is " Oldie Friday" again. Now today I am not showing a craft but a photograph,.






This time last year we were holidaying in Canada and I was blogging photographs of what we had seen during each day.   This one was while we were travelling from Edmonton to Jasper.   
Now if we had known in time that I was going to be off for the next two weeks we would have been away again.    Next year is now ear marked for another trip.

A slightly later start at work this morning, I have no idea why, as it's a stupid start time, I don't know if I am in to take Anna and Beth to school or just Beth, got a text just saying " just before 8am"
Busy day at work as I will have to pack for the two girls, but I am NOT doing much else.  Now usually I would be making sure the washing and ironing are right up to date, but oh no not this time. I have to stand my ground and not do it.  The new housekeeper isn't starting till the end of the month, the temp cleaner finishes today, so it's going to be fun, fun , fun.  It will be only the second time in 12 years that there house will have no Nanny, groom or cleaner working  while they are off work.
In a way I might dread going back in 2 weeks.  Then again I Might be wrong.  

Any way I must get a move on, and see to bits before I go to work Charlie very good at doing things as long as I tell him they need doing.   Can men not see the dog hairs, so you would Hoover, the washing machine is going, so that needs hung out or on to the dryers., and that the bed needs making seeing how they were the last one out of it. NO!!!

Have a lovely weekend what ever your have planned.   ((((((Hugs)))))) to those who need them just now and I know there are a few.   

14 comments:

  1. I remember you being in Canada Hazel, doesn't seem a year ago! Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photo Hazel, does not seem like a year ago. Sounds like you're having 'fun' at work, stand your ground lol!

    Have a nice day.

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, that year has gone quickly! Nice to see one of your beautiful photos again.
    I hope you have a good weekend.
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Hazel
    Gosh, hasn't that time just wizzed past. It was lovely seeing your trip updates as you travelled around.
    How will they cope Hazel lol? Oh, to have a cleaner and housekeeper but like you, I'd just settle for a hubby who could spot crumbs on the worktop, toothpaste on the bathroom mirror or as you say, an unmade bed! Happy days lol!
    Enjoy your time off.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Hazel thanks for joining me in sharing an oldie today, great picture, very atmospheric!
    Your day sounds as busy as mine today, getting on top of things before the holibobs. On your question, no I don't think men see dog hairs, mine too will do things if I ask but not off his own back. Oh and don't forget the praise afterwards. :/
    As for work, I know what you mean, my job now isn't too bad as the work needs to be done on a daily basis but in previous jobs it was great to go back to a fortnight of stuff to catch up on, not.

    Enjoy your weekend, hugs Erika. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Hazel,
    what a fab Oldie for Friday, and lovely reminder of your wonderful holiday in Canada.
    I remember some of your excellent photos of that holiday.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Where has that year gone Hazel, it only seems like yesterday!! I think men are all missing the "noticing things" gene!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a beautiful view you must have some fantastic memories of your trip, thank you so much for sharing this.
    I know just what you mean about men, I once gave mine a shopping list as I was busy baking so off he went, on the list I had written fruit, did he bring fresh fruit oh no he brought currants, sultanas and glace cherries! When I questioned him he said well you are baking so I thought these were what you wanted. I have not made that mistake again I can assure you.
    Patricia put up some gift bags recently on her blog that she had made using your die, I was so impressed I have bought the die and am enjoying making some, thank you for sharing.
    Have a lovely weekend.
    With love
    Margaret corgi owner

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes we have great memories of or trip, the scenery was breath taking. So glad you are enjoying the gift bag die, I love making these and have a Christmas order to make these. Had to laugh at your husband thoughts on what fruit to buy. But we love them still. Hazel x

      Delete
  9. What a fab photo and couldn't remember seeing the original but then realised I wasn't blogging this time last year - seems like ages but not a year yet xx I can imagine it must have been hard not to get involved when you can see ironing etc that needs doing but good for you for holding back xx enjoy your break and weekend xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Hazel, I remember enjoying your wonderful photos of your Canadian trip, hasn't the year galloped by, scary, hugs Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Hazel, my were has that year gone!!! remember well you posting your lovely photos..
    have a lovely weekend..
    pam

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Hazel, I remember your trip as it was just after we got back from visiting my folks in California..I can't believe it's a whole year flown by! Hugs Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a fabulous view, I can understand why you want to go back to Canada. Men and household chores doesn't match, hehe.

    Warm hugs
    Maarit

    ReplyDelete