Sunday, 21 September 2014

PATRICIA'S BIRTHDAY CARD.



Well that's another week gone,  and here it's getting that real autumn feel to early mornings!!!
Thank you to you all for your lovely comments on my " oldie Friday".    As I said things haven't changed with Anna, she always love wearing her little leather ankle boots winter and summer.  And now it's her Doc Martins.  Granted  she does look good in them and they don't make her feet look the size 8s they are.

Today I am showing you the birthday card I made for Patricia last week. I forgot to photograph it but asked her if she could take a picture and send it to me and was it ok for me to use .






I used my Die'sire Romance die, Memory Box Blushing Bouquet and Sue Wilson leaf die.  The little butterfly I am sure is from Mia Flower, the flat backed pearls are ones I picked up from Home Bargains at the bargain price of 59p. A sheet. 
To think this time last year I never even thought I own a die cutting machine let alone lots of dies. 


Yesterday Patricia and I had a lovely day meeting up with Rita ( RMG Creations).  Lots of chatting, laughing and just like three old friends catching up over lunch..   Yet it was the first time Rita had meet us.  I have known Rita since Patricia started her blog.  I think the first time I saw one of Rita's wonderful makes ( she does lots of different crafts)  was when Patricia and I were in Dalyan on holiday after I had been through all my treatments etc.  so that has to be 2 years.  

Oh tomorrow is a start of another week, don't know how it will start but I have Anna off on Thursday and Friday because of the Rydar Cup.    The schools have had to close as the school buses are being used for the Park and Ride.    I think is terrible when they can close a school for that reason, but who am I to say.  Anna and I are having a girls day out.  She had to have her ring cut off as her finger swelled up.   I had bought her and Beth rings when I had to take time out for my operation and treatment, they always felt that wearing their rings they were connected to me, their words not mine.  Anyway we are going to buy a new ring.   I can see that it's not going to be an easy task, she knows what she would like.  I will set a budget before we start that way she will know her limit.  

Off now to spend time with Gillian's cats.  She is on her way home from being away seeing Andrew her partner who lives and works in the north if England so I have been cat sitting in a way.  I like to give them time each evening before I close up.  

Hazel xxxx

19 comments:

  1. What a beautiful card Hazel and I bet Patricia loved it. Those lucky girls must think the world of you and what a lovely idea to have rings so that they felt connected to you in your absence. As for the Ryder Cup I can see my chaps glued to the radio and TV for the duration!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow what a beautiful card - luv it and what a lovely story that the girls feel connected to you through the rings you bought them - they obviously think a lot about you xx have a lovely girly day xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Hazel, I am really love the thought that Anna and Beth wanted to wear their rigns to feel cose to you when you were poorly. You certainly mean so very much to them. Hope you and Anna will find a ring you'll bothe like.

    Well I have to say Patricia's card is a stunner, I can see why she loved it. It's a beautiful design and of course it would have to pink as it's her fav colour. wonderful embellishments to., t think you are still fairly new to this card making lark, love everything about it, hugs Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful Hazel, I'm sure Patricia loved it. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hazel your card for Patricia is beautiful, what lovely die cuts and design. How nice about the rings, they obviously think the world of you. Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Hazel,
    what a very beautiful and superb card.
    I love your fab design and the colour choice is perfect.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a gorgeous card that you made for Patricia.

    Have a good day shopping.
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good evening Sis,
    Yes, I loved my card, the photo is good, it is much more detailed in real life.
    The girls needed their Rings and their Angels while you were going "through the mill"
    We really did have a great day yesterday
    Hugs

    Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Evening Hazel I'll try again as I've left you one comment but its now gone. This card is absolutely stunning. Patricia bet you were over the moon when you received it. I really like these dies. I'm waiting for my Christmas ones to come. Take care and I hope you get this one. Xx

    Debs xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Hazel
    Wow, beautiful card. No wonder Patricia loves it. Stunning chuck!
    The girls have obviously got a strong bond with you and that's lovely.
    Have a great week.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  11. what a fabulous card Hazel - I love it - thanks so much for your continued support xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous card Hazel, you would never know it was only a year ago you started. Cardmaking. The detail is stunning. I loved hearing about the girls and the strong bond you have with them too. Great day yesterday, one to remember. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is stunning Hazel. Your design is elegant and so beautiful and I bet Patricia loved it.
    I am pleased you had a good time yesterday.
    It's so lovely that Anna and Beth both are so fond of you.
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Patricia is lucky to have such a talented sister to make her a stunning card. It's obvious you know how to use these Die'sire dies. This one really worked with the white & peach to make a glamorous & beautiful card, very special for a special sister. So happy the 2 of you got to have a fun day with Miss Rita. What better way to spend a day! TFS & Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous card Haze, very elegant and I know Patricia must have loved it! Hugs Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is beautiful Hazel lucky Patricia.
    Hugs
    Margaret M

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Hazel what a beautiful card I love your colour combo and all the die layerings it works perfectly and I'm sure Patricia will love it.
    Happy ring hunting too, what you like and what Anna will like will be different I am sure but great idea to set a budget.

    Hugs and happy crafting, Erika. x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Hazel,

    What a stunner, bet Patricia loved it?

    Hope you have a good day shopping for a nice ring.

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  19. hi Hazel, beautiful card you created for Patricia, love the colours and gorgeous layout with your cutting dies.
    glad you had a lovely day out..
    pam

    ReplyDelete