Wednesday, 6 August 2014

WHAT AM I MAKING NOW !!!!

Good morning.   Well not really here in Fife!  It's miserable, pouring with rain and just not nice.
Now I haven't been commenting on your blogs very much. This is down to me being on holiday, we did go away for a few days to Jersey, had a lovely time.  We got ourselves bus travel passes and a timetable and map of the island, and oh boy we had a great time by just going down to the bus station seeing which bus was going out with in 10mins looked at the map to see where it was going and how good were the times for getting back or could we get to somewhere else by getting another bus going from there.  Once on the bus we either went to a particular place or if we saw something that took our fancy we got off.  We did walk some miles but all in all we had a good time.  Back home and trying not to go doing to much house things as it will be a while before I get time off again.  Next week I will be sewing name labels on uniforms ready for the girls going back to school the following week, where have the holidays gone??.

Right as I have said in my title I have made a start on my next big project that is needed at the end of the month.  Here is some clues!!!



Can you work out what it will be ( yes I think you will) but what it will be about this time???

I have had to give this a lot of thought, often waking up in the night with a light bulb moment and having to write it down,    I will show you at the next stage when I have done a good bit more.   Would have liked to have finished it before I went back to work but can't see it.

Well I will have to tell you about the news I have just got.   The groom at work went off for her two weeks holidays the same as me and what did she tell my boss today " I had a little boy last Wednesday ". Bomb shell or what? Yes she had put weight on but who hasn't but a baby that is a total shock, I am still in shock I talk to her every day and she has worked for 8 years she has two other children.   Nothing said and she was riding big horses every day.    It will take a while to sink in.  Looks like we will be getting a new member of staff.

Will have to go and get my head round this.   Looks like a baby gift will be getting made too.

Thank you for all your comments on my last card, I do appreciate them all.


Hazel xx

18 comments:

  1. Hi Hazel, I'm with you, you don't always have to spend a lot to have a good day out, just a little thought!
    I think your picture is going to be another one of your fabulous beer cakes, looking good so far.
    As for the lady at work having a baby, wow, fancy getting through the whole pregnancy without saying anything? She was lucky she didn't hurt herself.
    What a lovely surprise mind and a perfect excuse for one of your lovely baby gifts too.

    Hope you enjoyed your break, hugs Erika. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Intrigued but guessing it is going to be a beer cake - can't wait to see the finished result xx glad you had a good break - luv Jersey and what a brill idea to just take off and see where you end up - it is nice to be spontaneous now and then and makes you feel young at heart xx can't believe how the groom managed to keep that herself but hope both are doing well xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know!! but I am not telling!!! it is coming on well.
    Will give you all a clue it is to do with music!!!
    OMG!! Hazel I wondered when you messaged me when I was out to say you had some Gossip ....... can't wait for you to phone later to catch up.
    Hugs

    Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. oooo your latest creation looks interesting - can't wait to see phase two. Jersey sounded great and very relaxed - and my - what a bombshell! Hugs rachel xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you enjoyed Jersey, I have fond memories as I went with Mum and Dad after my O'levels, while my Sister was in France on a trip (a few years ago!!). A Baby!! That must have been a huge surprise to everyone!! Looking forward to the finished article Hazel. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you had a good time away.
    Looking forward to seeing what you create, it looks interesting!
    Sounds like you will be making something for a new baby boy too, my goodness what a surprise!
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Hazel, pleased to hear you enjoyed your holiday, hope your back refreshed.
    Is it one of your super beer cakes? looks interesting anyway.
    Some news for you all, she is fortunate that she wasn't hurt at work, but congratulations to her and her family.
    Counting the days to our meet up, really looking forward to it, hugs Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Hazel,
    oh I am so envious of your holiday to Jersey, always wanted to go there.
    My Son works out there a great deal, as he works for a banking firm.
    He used to be there at least once a week, every week for a long time.
    Now he has moved house, and works from home a lot, till they want him to go over there again.
    I did mention I would hide in his suitcase, till he told me he only takes
    one of those very small ones you can take on the plane yourself.
    I have got a fair idea what you are making.
    Looking forward to see if I'm right.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  9. well this looks interesting Hazel.. glad you enjoyed your holiday..
    Think that lady has been very lucky..fancy keeping it to herself... congrats to her anyway..
    pam

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Hazel
    Well, it looks similar to the beer cake you did for your son in law's 50th last year (think it was last year and think it was your son in law lol!)
    Ooh lucky you, I love Jersey. First time I went, I took Nesta for a day trip for her 50th. . . .flew out at 7am and flew back about 9pm. We have been since
    and stayed. Love Gerald Durrell's Zoo.
    Anyhoo, I bet the groom was the most surprised about the baby. I always
    wondered how can people not know but there you go.
    Enjoy your last few days off.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gosh that was news to come back to!!! Your latest creation is very intriguing, I'm excited to see the completed result! Glad you had a good holiday, Jersey sounds lovely, but have never been there, hugs Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my did she know or was it a surprise to her as eel?? Sounds like you had a good time Hazel I have never been to Jersey. Looking forward to seeing the finished article, susan x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello Hazel, Your latest creation is very fun looking forward to the finished project.

    Hugs diane

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm looking forward to see the finished project, very intriguing indeed. Sounds like you had a great time in Jersey... and what news to come back too.

    Warm hugs
    Maarit

    ReplyDelete
  15. With the guitar propped against this structure, I'm thinking is it a stage of some sort for a rock performance? (Pardon me if this sounds silly as I have very little imagination!!! LOL). I know whatever it is - will be something I'll enjoy seeing. Oh your little adventure trip sounds like so much fun. It's always so much more enjoyable when you have the freedom to 'wing it' as it were...Since it was a bus trip, the one who is usually the driver on trips, can enjoy it too, without having to mind the roads or traffic. It sounds just grand, and I also just saw where you & Patricia had a little fun time together as well. Lucky ladies to be so close in your living areas, and share a similar hobby interest to enjoy together. I can't wait to see what comes of your fun demo. TFS & Hugs (what a surprise on the new member of staff! Exciting).

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your trip sounds good fun. Can't say I have any idea just what you are making but sure it will be great.
    Am still chuckling about the unexpected baby.
    Hugs
    Margaret M

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Hazel

    This is looking like a great project. Can't wait to see it progress!

    I wonder if your colleague knew she was having a baby? You do hear of people not knowing and then the next minute a surprise bundle arriving. Hope I don't have one today .. .. I'm a bit short on time (but would love a cuddle with a newborn) LOL!!!

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete