Thursday, 14 August 2014

ANOTHER CLUE


Good morning, thank you for taking the time to pop in and see what I am up to, nothing craft wise apart from taking the photo to show you my next clue.   Been busy sewing the labels on school clothes.   Little grandson starts next week so he had a mountain of things to be named, also Anna as she has had to have a completely new uniform with starting high school.  Then Calum and Beth had a fair amount of new things too.   It reminds me of when our three went off to boarding school except then everything and I mean everything had to have a name tag on it right down to things like handkerchiefs - no paper ones allowed.

Yes I am making another cake but this time it's not beers inside but  a half bottle of Jack Daniels.  It's for a friend of Derek's and Tammy who will be 50. So some of you might know what artist this is.



Still got a bit to go and likely a few changes will be made knowing me.  The sock monkey is made by another friend of Tammy's.  

Very short post have got so much to do today, one being taking Anna on the bus to show what she has to do, why she MUST always carry her bus/I.D.  Card with her, and where she has to get on and off.   That's the thing with always being taken by car, she has no idea what it's like to use the bus and be on her own.


Thank you once again.


Hazel xx

14 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, I know... it's Angus Young from ACDC!! Great band...showing my age here but it amuses my Sons no end when I am singing along with my ipod!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are one busy lady. School starting is always such a busy time. Thankfully we didn't have to do name labels when our DD was in school. This little project is going to be a winner, with the good stuff hidden inside. Cute little guard over the supply too! Bet you have tired fingers from all the sewing. Thanks for popping over for a visit & taking time to leave a sweet comment. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good evening. Hazel this is coming on a treat, love it.
    It will all be so strange for Anna, hopefully there will be others who will remind her to get off the bus at the right stop.
    Hugs

    Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is looking fabulous Hazel. I love the sock monkey.
    I am pleased that I no long need to sew names into everything, not one of my favourite jobs.
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Hazel
    How fab is this! Love the sock Angus. Can't wait to see the finished article.
    Take care.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  7. ooo its an AC/DC cake - brilliant - saw these years ago - what a lot of memories! Hugs rachel xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. hi Hazel, this is looking fantastic, love the sock monkey, cannot wait to see the finished project..
    pam

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looking good so far - can't wait to see the finished article xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Hazel this is looking fab although I must admit I have no idea who the sock monkey is! Sounds like you have your work cut out for you - takes me back! Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is brilliant Hazel, love the sock monkey - looking forward to the finished creation! Hugs Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great picture Hazel, loving your sock monkey.
    Feeling your pain with the labels, my eldest having done a couple of years at boarding school. I found some that you just iron on after the first year as it took ages sewing them on absolutely everything. Nametags is the company if you are interested, so much better, life is too short and it's valuable crafting time!

    Enjoy your weekend and I'm sure the gift will be loved.

    Hugs Erika. x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Hazel, wouldn't know who the little sock monkey is meant to be, but he looks so cute.
    Sounds as if you have loads to do to get the girls ready for going back to school, don't let yourself get tired out, hugs Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Hazel,

    Bach home and checking through everyone's post that I have missed.

    Beautiful work Hazel, must have taken you ages? Now is it ACDC? Good look alike if it is, if not my apologies lol!

    Sounds like you have been kept busy of late getting the little ones ready for school. Try not ot overdo it.

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete