Saturday, 19 July 2014

STILL NO PLAY TIME!


Good afternoon.  Well it's not a nice one here. In fact it's horrible, pouring with rain and just miserable.   Did think I would be able to play with my new dies today, but no an ironing pile that over took one of the kitchen chairs and that was it all neatly folded item by item.  So I felt I couldn't craft with that sitting there.    Also I had a basket to deliver yesterday and Nancy the cleaner at work ask if she could have one made up for a little boy well he was a good size being. 9lbs 1ozs. , third baby and another boy for a friend of her sons whom she has known from when they were little.   So was asked if I could possibly do the basket with an out fit rather than like of a baby grow.    "  No problem  "  says I. So it was off to Mothercare, do like Next out fits but it was the start of their sale today so no way was I going their.    Anyway this is what I did.


The order for Nancy.



This was the one I did first, 

So all done and dusted, ironing done just have to put away.   Not my favourite job. Oh to have a magic wand.


Thank you everyone for your well wishes for Christopher , I haven't heard how today's blood count has gone.  They are terrible for letting us know, did try phoning but no answer so will just wait.   He has to rest and do nothing.  So here's  hoping he is doing that.  Christopher does the cooking etc.  very hands on - well trained.   But I am hoping that he is taking a back seat.

Oh big decisions do I do nothing, or do I play???  Might have a cup of tea and see how I feel.  Been a long week, next week should be easier in a way, as there are visitors staying and I am only going in to get the girls things ready for them going off to their cottage.  Visitors using the house for their holidays so girls happy.  Chickens and stable cat will be looked after. 

Enjoy doing what ever you are doing.  But spare a thought for those families that are suffering over the lost of there loved ones in that air crash.

Hazel xxx

14 comments:

  1. More beautiful Baskets Sis,
    They will be loved by the "Giver and Receiver"
    Please try to get some "playtime" in after your cuppa
    Hugs

    Patricia xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such gorgeous baskets Hazel and well done you on tackling the ironing!! It's been horrid here in Dorset too, spectacular thunderstorms for most of the day although it has now stopped, for the time being. Hope you get some crafty time soon xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful baskets and such a lovely and unique to give and receive xx enjoy the rest of your weekend and hopefully you will get some time to craft and fingers crossed for good news on your son xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such gorgeous Baskets Hazel, they really do make lovely gifts.
    I hope you get some chance to relax and have a play with your new goodies.
    Take care
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. fab baskets Hazel - you're so clever - enjoy some relaxation time!!! Hugs rachel xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Evening Hazel what a beautiful basket it make a beautiful gift. I'm now back home and we've had a wonderful time. But now its back to the washing and iron. Have a little play time when you've had your cuppa.

    Debs xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Hazel
    Gorgeous gift baskets as usual. If you didn't manage to play, I hope you at least got to chill out for a while. I'm hoping no news was good news with Christopher.
    Have a great weekend chuck.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Hazel,

    Great basket, looks beautiful, you are a clever Lady. I too have not had time to play today but did everything I had to so tomorrow is free and I shall have the house to myself as both men are at work so yes it will be play time for me lol! I hope you got to play or at least rest a little.

    Hope Christopher is ok, no news is good news as they say.

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Hazel, just catching up, down here at Dale and Stewart's, so not getting much commenting done.
    Your baby box is gorgeous, love the elephant, you really manage to put these baskets together beautifully.
    I hope Christopher is keeping well, pity not to lift the phone to let you know. I think that adult children forget that parents are still concerned and worry about them. Damian is just the same.
    Have a restful Sunday, hugs Kate

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Hazel,
    beautiful baskets. I bet they were pleased with those.
    I don't know how you manage with a full time job, housework, and everything else you have to do.
    You know the saying ask the busiest person to do something and they will do it far faster than anyone else.
    You must have lots of energy.
    Have fun with your new purchases, when you find the time.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope that your son will be much better soon.
    Gorgeous projects, they are such lovely gifts.


    Warm hugs
    Maarit

    ReplyDelete
  12. HI Hazel, beautiful basket, I love the elephant! I had a pile of ironing to get through today too..not a nice job! Hope Christopher is better soon, hugs Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Hazel

    It must be lovely putting these boxes together .. .. and even more lovely to receive one as a gift. I wouldn't want to take it apart!

    I have just finished my ironing mountain and feel much better now that is out of the way.

    Hope you had a great weekend.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Play!
    Great baskets as always Hazel, I love all your personalised gifts.
    I'm with you all the way on putting away the ironing, even worse than ironing itself! Mind is still sat on the table from when hubby did it...he obviously doesn't want to put it away either?!
    Too busy enjoying the sunshine.

    Hugs Erika. x

    ReplyDelete