Friday, 4 July 2014

OLDIE FRIDAY


Good morning folks, not such I nice one here today.  Then again the weather map did show a lot of blue on it for today, and that wasn't the sky!!!   No heavy rain for us today and by the look of the sky it's not far away.  
Well I got a great text message last night about 9.30pm from my boss saying for me not to start until 12 o'clock today, oh how happy was I.   Now don't get me wrong the girls have been great.  We had a day out nothing exciting as such.    We went to Waterstones  the book shop, now I did allow at least an hour for this as Anna gets kind of carried away when in a book shop.  Her kind of heaven, she loves  the smell of new books.   Any way we did well 35mins and 5 books later we were out of there.  We meet Patricia and did lunch.  Then we headed home, didn't see them again until time to go get the Shetland pony in ready for going to games night.   I think Anna will be finished the first book she bought by the time I go today, the peace was great.

Now today's " Oldie" is of two of my very first beer cakes.  I was so proud of these at the time.  Looking back now I am not at all.  At the time they were very much loved.  Thank goodness I have improved some what.  I didn't take a good photo of them then and I couldn't do much better this morning.  Any way it just is to show you what I did then to now.



As I said not a great picture at all, and those papers what made me use them I don't know?

That's it for today, except to say that I think my big sister Patricia is suffering from iPad withdrawal.   Her iPad wouldn't connect to her internet two nights ago and I don't know if she has got it to work again, but she is not a happy bunny.  Thank goodness she doesn't blog from it like I do that would even be worse.   No she has got so use to sitting in her comfy chair to see what others have blogged etc.
Thank  you all once again for your comments on my congratulations cards.   Yes those two have worked very hard especially Benjamin, this lad has got his degree by hard work and managed to do two part-time jobs to pay his way.  So I have a lot of respect for this 22 year old.

Oh well I maybe don't have to go into work, but I think I'd better go do some housework.   Have a good day what ever you are up to.

Hazel xxx


17 comments:

  1. Great to see your beer cakes Hazel. I know exactly where Anna is coming from, and luckily John is the same. You can't get us out of a book shop. I can certainly see the advantage of a Kindle, particularly for holiday, but you can't beat the feel and smell of a real book! Our weather is on the change too unfortunately. Have a good day. Hugs Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rain for us too Hazel. Love these beer cakes!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. All part of crafting to improve and you have with no doubt xx the cards you make are amazing and YIUNKNOW have not bee carding for too long xx I cringe when I think if the first cards I made - they were Christmas xpcards and they were quite literally 'lick & stick' and fortunately I didn't take photos of my stuff in those days!! hope the weather picks up for the weekend but have a fab one anyway xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry just noticed a few typos!! on my iPad cos away and not has good on the keyboard xx Gail xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. great beer cakes Hazel - thanks for sharing - hope you have a good day - its pouring here! Hugs rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all your beer cakes and think they are a great idea. It is also fine to see how much we progress the more we do.
    Have a super weekend, hugs Erika. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. They look fabulous Hazel, really such a great gift ideas and I can see why people love to receive them.
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loved your bookshop story Hazel. My children were all book lovers and still are. Great Pictures of those fabulous beer cakes. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Hazel
    You were right to be proud chuck. I can imagine these were very well received. Everyone else's oldies are great. Some of mine are ultra cringeworthy so I may never show them lol!
    Mr D won't read on the tablet, it has to be a real book every time.
    Have a great weekend.
    Ang x

    Ps . . . . . . Could you please let Patricia know I have sent her a text as I didn't think she would get an email at the moment. No reply yet so didn't know if she's changed her number. Thx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Hazel, as much great these look I can see where you have improved lol! Its so funny looking back isn't it, shocking at times lol!

    I can understand where Patricia is coming from, I used to use my lap top for going onto the internet etc of an evening whilst watching TV but we cannot connect to the internet from our lounge anymore so I have to sit in hubby's office on his computer lol!

    Take care

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks Hazel. We're sorted now. Sorry to treat you as a messaging service but thanks again.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello Hazel, it's good to have a look back at things that we've created at an earlier stage and to compare where we are at now, I cringe at some of my makes. However you have to start somewhere.
    Love book shops too, used to spend hours in them, but I do love my kindle now. Alistair however would'nt pick up one, he still loves real books. Have a great weekend, hugs Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hazel, it's always good to see how you've improved, but I'm not seeing what you don't like in the earlier one, I must confess. They both look just downright fine to me! I never heard of a beer cake, but it sure sounds like something I would like to try! I would love your Anna. She & I would have a fine ramble in a good bookstore. Even though I use my kindle a great deal, there's still nothing like the feel & smell of a nice new book that you can't wait to turn the 1st page. Glad to hear you had a morning to yourself to do what you chose. You accomplish so much & still find crafting time. It's good that you & Patricia are close enough to enjoy each other as you do. That's a blessing to each of you! Thanks for your comments & holiday wishes. Enjoy your morning. Hugs- forgot to say: No rain here in South Carolina, and it's hot!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Hazel thanks for sharing your early beer cakes you are very brave I would not dare show my early cards although mine are not nearly as good as yours! From little acorns mighty oaks grow and its good to look back and see how we have improved. Crafting is very much a learning curve I find! Enjoy the weekend hugs Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  15. hi Hazel, love your beer cakes, never heard of them before.. brilliant gift ideas.
    love reading your story.
    pam

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Hazel, I love all your beer cakes..a great idea! I love the smell of new books too and always had my head in a book as a child..we both love reading and have a small room that is just book shelves, our little library:) We have passed on to the library, friends and charity shops every one of them we can bear to part with and there is only room for the occasional newbie now..so it's Kindle for Tom and iPad for me now I'm afraid :( hugs Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Hazel ,such a brilliant ideas how do you come up with them.
    Hugs Lynda xx

    ReplyDelete