Friday, 13 June 2014

JOINING OLDIE FRIDAY

Good afternoon, I am firstly sorry that I haven't been very good at commenting on all the blogs that I follow, having got back from holiday on Monday evening I have been busy.  I was back to work at 7.15am Tuesday and catch up on things that hadn't been done over the 10 days I was away at home and work, plus doing the normal work and home things, on top of that Anna has had 2 days at the high school, which means a round trip of 30 miles and time.   She is enjoying the challenge of all the extra classes etc. - thank goodness.
Now today I am joining in on Erika ( snappycrafts) oldie Friday.   As I haven't been card making that long I decided to show my very first scrapbook page, I did this one 9 years ago before I really new what I was doing.



As I have said it was the very first page, showing pictures of our first grandson/grandchild.  I have to say I am still not 100% perfect at doing my scrap book pages yet but I am so much better than I was here! but it won't ever redo it as it's a reminder of where it all started.

That's it for today, I am still trying to get through the ironing, again from both work and home- thankfully I don't mind ironing but oh boy I hate putting it away.
Have a good weekend what ever you are up too.

Hazel xxx

15 comments:

  1. Oldies are the best, you can see how far you have come. Love it.

    Wilma x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant page Hazel ..... how time flies when you see the great big handsome lad that wee baby has grown into.
    Look back let's you see how far forward you have come
    Have a great weekend
    Hugs

    Patricia xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous page Hazel, they are lovely to look back on and somehow seem to mean more than the old photo albums!! I have a couple of scrapbooks that need some updating but I know what you mean about how the craft evolves. Hope the ironing pile soon disappears!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fab scrapbook page and it certainly doesn't look dated - you are far too hard on yourself xx I like you, luv ironing but unfortunately I don't like cleaning - I do it and feel quite saintly when I have finished it, but would rather not by choice! have a lovely weekend xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. A special page holding such precious memories, thank you for sharing.
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Evening Hazel did you have a nice holiday. To say this was your firts page I think its wonderful. Im rubbish at scrapbooking.

    Debs xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is lovely Hazel - and its great to see how we change and move on. So glad to read about the pendants - they're lovely - well done to both of you! Big hugs - rachel xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Hazel, so happy you are home once again safely after having a fun vacation & so glad for all of you that you had some nice weather to enjoy the beautiful location you got to visit. I've never done a scrapbook page, so your first one looks pretty good to me. It shows off your sweet baby and his proud Dad, so truly - it really says what needed to be said. How much that little one will enjoy these pictures when he gets to be much older. I think you did a fine job, and all the love shows through. TFS & Hugs. Don't work too hard catching up.

    ReplyDelete
  9. HI Hazel, so pleased you had a great holiday...all the catching up when we get home from our hols is a real nuisance isn't it??? Such special memories for you on this delightful page! Hugs Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Hazel, it's a great scrapbook page, and we all start somewhere.
    Glad you all had a lovely holiday, I hope you felt rested and refreshed on going back to work, hugs Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  11. i Hazel, lovely page, I dont do scrapbooks, such beautiful memories.
    pam

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Hazel, third time of trying, my fault entirely lol! Beautiful page you have done, you are right best not to try and redo it as its the beginning, its good to look back sometimes.

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hazel sorry for the late response from me, been a busy weekend. I love your oldie infact I think I have something similar here. It's good to keep the photos safe and also to see how much your style and tastes change over time.
    Great photographs...can't beat babies...just a pity they grow into teenagers!

    Hugs and happy crafting, Erika. x

    ReplyDelete