Saturday, 10 May 2014

TAMMY' S BIRTHDAY CARD & BAG

Well here we are at the weekend again and a third of the way through May, scary or what.   Only good side of it is at the end of the month Patricia,Elaine and myself are off on holiday.   Here's hoping that we get our usual good weather and not what poor Patricia and John had.

Now today is our daughter Tammy's birthday,   It's doesn't seem like 37years ago I was in the little cottage hospital in Devizes giving birth to what I was told a very small baby, now our son was a small 5lbs 7ozs so yes he was small and they thought this one was going to be smaller. So I sat and knitted very small clothes, ( remember no scans back then)  to get a shock when told we had a beautiful baby daughter weighing 9lbs 4ozs.  Far from small and nothing fitted.  Now she complains that she was the biggest out of our three now she is the shortest.   Any way I got for my birthday the other day from son and daughter-inlaw  a gift bag die ( X Cut A4 die set) and some lovely papers, so of course I had to have a play, so made Tammy a card and bag, and a gift wallet.  So here they are.



I embossed my A4 card stock and prefolded card with SB dotty folder, I  cut out the foliage out of the bag front, then cut out the foliage again out of pale lilic card then stuck that piece of card inside the bag slightly of set of you could see the colour through the first die cut, used the cut outs on to her card, then just added the oval (cut out from bag) put peel off sentiment on.  Then thought I'd have a go to see if I could make a money wallet out of one side of the bag die, I am loving this bag die, it does come with a bow and gift tag die too.  I wish I had some organza ribbon in the pale lilic as I know it would have looked better, but never mind I have loads of the satin so satin it had to be. 

Off to meet up with Tammy this afternoon for coffee and cake.   Son-in-law and grandsons are going to the football after they have been out for lunch, so she is happy about that.  She feels she has a lovely birthday so far, seeing how they have just gone and bought a new car.  

Thank you for all your lovely comments on Lauren's card she was thrilled with it, we had bought her lots of new clothes ( being practical ) they get enough toys as it is, so we were treated to a fashion show by her - 4 going on 40 is our Lauren. 

Well I'd better get a move on and get bits done before I go out.  Have a lovely weekend what ever you are doing.   

Hazel xxx



19 comments:

  1. This is stunning Hazel, great dies and great use of them too. love it all.

    Have a great weekend and Happy Birthday to Tammy, my she was big lol!. My daughter was 7lbs 51/2 ozs, my son was 7 lbs 6ozs so both pretty average lol!


    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous project Hazel. Tammy will really love them all. Happy birthday Tammy. Enjoy the rest of the weekend! Hugs Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely idea for acard, stunning im sure ur daughter will love it x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good afternoon Sis,
    Tammy will be over the moon. I know she likes "nice" cards and bags but nothing OTT. You have filled the bill with these.
    Hope you have had a good afternoon
    Hugs

    Patricia xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very elegant Hazel and sure Tammy will love them!! Enjoy the coffee and cake!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are wonderful Hazel, your designs are so elegant.
    Happy Birthday to Tammy, I hope you enjoy the rest of the weekend.
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Hazel and Happy Birthday to Tammy, I hope she had a super day.
    Your gift set is gorgeous, love the simple elegance of it, and the lilac ribbon is so lovely, I'm sure Tammy loved it, hugs Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  8. these are all gorgeous Hazel - I'm sure Tammy adored them - beautiful. Hope you had a great day! Hugs rachel xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad I revisited, our internet has been missing most of the day, my comment did say that this trio is gorgeous, fab use of your new dies and Happy Birthday to Tammy. Flora xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. First of all Happy (belated) Birthday to you and Happy Birthday to Tammy too xx hope you enjoyed your coffee and cake xx Fab projects and card I luv the foliage die it is simple but so effective and what can I say about the SB dotty emboss folder - it is my 'go to folder' at the moment xx enjoy the rest of your weekend xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. hi Hazel, what a beautiful set you have created, they look so classy.
    Tammy will be over the moon.
    pam

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Hazel
    Classy and elegant. The bag looks terrific. I think we do this set at work so I must investigate. 9lb 4oz. . . . . Ouch!
    Happy Birthday Tammy!
    Best wishes.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good morning hope you are well.
    what a beatiful set as always. I love to look at your blog as you have a lovely projects xx

    Debs A

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good Morning Hazel. Last but not Least. This set is breathtakingly beautiful. Love that bag, not a die I've seen before but it makes a stunning bag. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. A gorgeous set Hazel! Yes I can remember the days of no scans too! Mind you they told my daughter Rowan was going to be big and that was with the scans and out he came at 7lb 5oz! Susan xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous project Hazel, the white on white with a touch of colour is very elegant.

    Hugs
    Maarit

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Hazel, what a beautiful card and gift bag set, very elegant, hugs Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a beautiful card and gift bag, I hope Tammy had a super day.

    Hugs Erika.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wonderful use of your fab new dies. Love this set & I'm sure your daughter will also. The silk ribbon added a lot of glamour to the trimmings, it looked dazzling. TFS & Hope Tammy's day was just grand. Hugs

    ReplyDelete