Sunday, 11 May 2014

ANOTHER BIRYHDAY CARD


Good afternoon everyone,   I hope you have all had a reasonably good day with not to much rain, we have been lucky so far, but the sky is very black now, at least I got the washing dry so after I have done this it's a case of getting ironing board out and get it ironed and put away.

Tammy asked me to Thank You all for her birthday wishes.  That you all left along with your lovely comments.   She loved her card, bag & wallet, of course she loved the contents too.   We had a lovely afternoon. Cake and coffee was lovely too.

I am sorry to give you an over load of the dies used on today's card.    I have made this for my friends birthday. Now she always goes on about she wishes they were well enough off to be able to afford lots of diamonds, so I added lots of clear gems on to her card, hoping they will do instead of diamonds. ( the thought is there).


I embossed my 5x7 prefolded card with my trusty SB dotty folder, then backed my top piece with dark purple card  from paper direct.  The top piece was from a piece that I had cut the foliage out of for something else ( this was what decided me to make this card) didn't won't to waste it.  Cut my SW bow and ribbon strip out of the left over from the backing layer, added my gems and that's it. I love the simpleness of this card.
It's back to work tomorrow and another busy week, plus when Patricia and meet on Friday we went up to the Chemo Unit and The Maggies Centre at Ninewells to hand in a supply of nice biscuits for the tea trolleys, this is what we do from the profit of anything we sell.  Anyway I came away with 2 girl Nappy Cake orders which I need to get made up and delivered in the next week. I have most of what's required apart from a 2 little sun hats ( hopefully they will be needed) as both baby's are due next month.
Well I'd better not put off getting that ironing done, so I will finish here.
Take care.

Hazel xxx

18 comments:

  1. Oh Hazel, what a stunning design, the embossing, die cuts and colors are so pretty.

    Hugs diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful,lovely design.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simplicity at it's best Hazel!! I bet the "diamonds" will be appreciated too!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good evening Sis, another stunning card, love everything about it.
    Hope the ironing has been done
    Hugs

    Patricia xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. such a pretty card Hazel - hope your friend enjoys the clear gems lol! What a lovely idea! Hugs rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well they do say "diamonds are a girl's best friend" and you did what you could for your friend... lol! Another lovely card Hazel, and I really must get out this die which I have had for ages and never used. Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this Hazel, the elegant design is stunning and the added gems look fabulous.
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Still luvin this foliage die xx fab card and luv the use of the bling and the reasoning behind it - perfect xx we have had very mixed weather here but managed a walk with our daughter and four legged gran-puppy and we were fortunate that the rain held off long enough for the two(ish) hour walk xx I will post some pics on my blog because we walked through the aptly named Bluebell wood and managed to take some luvly pics on my phone so thought I would share them xx trying very hard to make a card today that is not black and white!! xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. hi hazel, love everything about this classy card, colours and design.
    pam

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning card,pure and simple but effective, thank you for popping to my blog much appriciated x im in helmsdale in sutherland, 3 to 4 hours away from perthshire depending on traffic, so not to far in scotlands terms x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely card, you are certainly getting the hang of this card making and blogging.

    Wilma x x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous card Hazel, another very elegant card, Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete
  13. Morning Hazel what a stunning card as allway
    I love to look at what you are making. I love the design and the colour you have used
    Well done xx

    Debs xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Hazel
    Another terrific card and who doesn't love a bit of bling eh?
    Glad the birthday celebrations went well.
    Have a great week.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Stunning card too Hazel...I so need to get me that bow die of Sue's....love it.
    Great colour combo and CAS card.

    Hugs Erika.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hello Hazel, stunning card, I do like this die, I've got it but never use it. must look it out. I love the elegance of your card and the shade of purple, hugs Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Hazel,

    What a beautiful card, I really like that die. What a lovely gift bag too, what a great idea.

    Tina X

    ReplyDelete
  18. A lovely design, and I hope you zipped over to the Playground with this one! Love the diamonds on the pretty die too. Will have to check out this pretty die and see if it's available in the USA. Perfect to dress up the dots EF. TFS & Hugs

    ReplyDelete