Wednesday, 9 April 2014

BUSY DOING SOMETHING DIFFERENT!!!

Good morning.   Sorry I haven't been around everyone's blog or posted anything for a good few days, but it have been busy firstly having to work full time and I have been helping the girls and their friends in the Pony Club quiz team make up a collage.  They have got through to the Nationals that take place this weekend down in Warwick.  One of the things they have to do is make a collage of what the Pony Club means to them, now Anna and Hannah the groom at works daughter wanted to do something different where as the other two thought just a load of photographs of different events. This is where I was asked to help to put there ideas together and keep the peace.  This is what I got them to do.





My main in put was to give them ideas of how to put it together using all their ideas, Anna and Hannah wanted to use a jumper, but that would have meant using one of the their jumpers which they need to wear, an old one wouldn't have the badges so!  I just happened to have some of Lidl black card left two sheets were used, I photographed a jumper to get the logo, but wanted it to have a bit of a look like it was a proper jumper so made a little runkle in the front of the jumper before I took the photo.   Printed off the logo had to go over the black with felt tip to get it black enough, did the same with the sleeve badges just cut them as squares and stuck them in place.  Made the shirt collar from white card and printed out the tie and cut it down to fit. I also die cut lots of letters out I the Pony Club colours for them to use . We printed out another tie badges etc. then they did the rest which I 
think they have done very well considering Anna is 12 and Hannah 15 , they hand wrote a couple of to do list of things that they would need to take on days away with their ponies, a nice touch I thought, so here's hoping the others  like it, then again they weren't prepared to come and help put it together that was down to Anna and Hannah.  
Off now to finish off a gift order this has caused it's own problems as it's for a high profile London lady and I was asked to use very good products, now if I could get Molton Brown products I would have used them , but Edinburgh is to far to go to.  So I have done my best.  I have also got a nappy cake to make, a new granny bag and another little gift all to be done by the end of the day.  Thank goodness I am off on holiday.   
Have a good day.  Thank you for all your comments on my pop up card.  
Hazel xxx

18 comments:

  1. What lucky girls they are to have you Hazel. A brilliant project indeed!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Sarah, the girls are certainly lucky to have you! But what a great project for them. Well done all three of you! Hugs Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Hazel this is fabulous, how lucky were they to have your help, hope they appreciated it and that the finished product went down well with the club. You can see all the hard work you put in and more hard work to do by the sounds of it, you are very busy its no surprise why you have not been on here much but we all understand, besides your creativity is worth waiting for.

    Take care

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. this looks fabulous Hazel - great direction - wishing them all the best of look for the visit south - I'm sure this will stand them in good stead! Big Hugs rachel xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab project Hazel, gosh what great inspiration. Hope you don't overdo things. Take care. Huge Flora

    ReplyDelete
  6. Darling project Hazel, it really turned out great.

    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good evening Sis, looks absolutely fantastic finished with all the other bits and pieces. Hopefully they will do well and win something while they are away.
    Been a hectic week for you getting it all the bits done for them to make it up.
    Through it all you even had time to help me ..... could not have done it without you, thanks.
    Hugs

    Patricia xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW! This is wonderful Hazel. Such a clever design and I really love the way you have made the jumper.
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good Evening Hazel, this is a fantastic work, well done the girls, they have managed to incorporate all their ideas with you guidance. Hope they win whilst away.
    Enjoy your well earned holiday, hugs Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is great Hazel, the jumper looks fab.....they're sure lucky to have you to help!
    hugs Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hazel, you are quite a genius, and I think the two girls will worship you too after all the help you have given them. Please let's us know how they get on. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stunning Hazel, wonderful job, hope the girls appreciate you hard work. Good luck to them at the Nationals.

    Wilma x x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Hazel
    Wow, what a terrific project and the jumper looks the biz!
    Its brilliant that you are inspiring the girls to be so creative. Warwick is just down the road from me. . . . . are you coming down with them? We can go craft shopping whilst they quiz lol!
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Hazel, what a fabulous creation, the girls will be thrilled - I can remember being part of creating something similar for our tack room when I was in the Pony Club, too many years ago to remember! Hugs Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow Hazel how wonderful you must be so proud of the girls being so creative. I remember when jack was younger he loved to make cards with me. But now hes 21 this year and loves to bake hes a wonderful baker. Take care Debs xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. oh Hazel fab work and sounds like everyone had a great time huggles Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. This was a very clever way to take the girls' idea of using their jumper and making a collage. I can see that it created quit a bit of work for all involved. Kudoes to each of you, cause this looks so professional, expresses what they feel about their pony club, and I'm loving that stand-up white collar. Good for them, that they had you to provide some ideas & help with their project. TFS & Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love this Hazel and just a perfect collage, great keepsake.

    Have a super Easter weekend, hugs Erika.

    ReplyDelete