Saturday, 1 March 2014

MY 100th POST.


Good afternoon.  Well who would have said I would be doing my 100th post. When back when I set up my blog some 7months ago I nearly was pulling my hair out and ready to give up there and then. But Patricia just kept telling me to keep trying and I would get there in the end.   Ok yes I got there but don't ask me to link to challenges etc.  thats way beyond me.  At least I can post and that's the main thing.   Also many thanks to all who leave me all these lovely comments it has made it all worth it, I do appreciate them all and love reading every one of them so again a big THANK YOU.            , I don't know what your weather is like but we have a beautiful sunny spring day here.   Due to Charlie having this terrible cough and cold that's going around I had to take Harris for his walk this morning.  Charlie walks Harris while I walk the dogs at work during the week, weekends while Charlie is out walking Harris I get a good bit of housework done with out the two of them getting in the way.  I didn't mind having to do it, I was out by 7.30am and enjoyed our walk, then I had to go and open up daughters house and feed the cats, fish and mice plus let the chickens out, Gillian is away down south to see her boyfriend.  Who says that when they leave home life is easier-not with my lot, mum is still needed, but they do appreciate what we do for them, thankfully Gillian only lives a few miles from us.
Got away early from work yesterday, as granny was up for the weekend.  Nice to be home by 3.45pm on a Friday. Didn't do anything last night just put my feet up, and I enjoyed doing nothing.
I have been playing seeing what I could do with the new shared bits Patricia gave me on Wednesday.
Here are two I have finished.

The back ground SB Diamond Effects is Patricia's and I am liking this set very much.the purple Memory Box Bali Corner die is my own, the white die cut is one Patricia had cut and gave me so don't know who is by.  And the strip along the bottom is part of the new Sue Wilson Bow Die, it's cuts beautifully. 


This one  I have embossed with Couture Creations Large Joes Garden folder.the stripped background paper is from my stash and is by Rebekka Erickson.   I again have used a LOTV image and finished it with one of the new Sue Wilson bows, I have left the sentiment off as I have made this one ready to use if and when my next door neighbours son and partners baby arrives in the next week or so. They don't know what they are having so I will get a girl one ready too. 
Well that's all for just now. Off to get the washing in off the line, so nice to get it dried outside.
Take care and enjoy the rest of your week end.

Hazel xxx

23 comments:

  1. Lovely cards Hazel. Great use of the die cuts...I am ashamed to say I donty use mine nearly enough. I am trying to rectify that though!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two beautiful cards Hazel. My box needs filling up, so maybe I can get some done over the weekend. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! Sis "Congratulations" 100 posts who would have thought it.
    From sitting in the Dalyan sun talking about you setting up a Blog to achieving 100 posts..........fantastic. I can still hear the words "A Blog..... me? no way". Not only a milestone of Posts but the fact you are creating such beautiful cards since you only started making them from just before Christmas.
    Well done you
    Hugs

    Patricia xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your 100th post Hazel, I am so glad you decided to start your own blog.
    Your cards are gorgeous. I love your pretty designs and adorable image on your second card.
    I hope you enjoy the rest of the weekend.
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done on 100 posts - I remember reading Patricia's blog saying she was helping you set up the blog but using an iPad was making it more difficult - can't believe it is that long ago xx Congratulations xx luvin both the cards too - enjoy the rest of your weekend xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on your 100th post Patricia it certainly doesn't seen like 7 months since you started. Two fabulous cards as well Hazel. Susan xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. congrats on your 100th post Hazel - you're defnitely hooked now - love your card and that bow is lovely xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well times does fly 7 months!!! and 100 post congratulations Hazel,
    wonderful cards, love what you have done with the MB die cuts, gorgeous image and layout on the other card.
    pam

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations on your 100th post, and you'll be doing challenges when you feel ready. The Snippets Playground is a good one, and Miss Pixie is very expert & kind at walking one through linking up. (Ask me how I know this!Took me ages to get it right!). I love your snippet card you have as #1. Think the white die pie is a MB circle- it's very pretty the way you have used the lattice over your cardbase, then the lavender twigs, with the white. Looked long at your bow tie trim...I have been eye-ing that die at Cropstop. Saw my first video with SW recently...oh I should have skipped that one! Her products are so pretty. Loved the LOTV rabbit too, with the lovely garden emboss. Well done, Miss Hazel. Loved both of them, and you & Patricia are so fortunate to be sisters, love this hobby & be close enough to share your supplies. Hugs & Happy Sunday

    ReplyDelete
  10. HI Hazel, congrats on your 100th post..made me think, I haven't even checked to see how many I'm up to! Love both cards: the first one is very pretty, love how you've used the dies and the second one is so cute, I love everything LOTV! Hugs Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Hazel
    Congrats on the 100 chuck. And they said it wouldn't last hahaha!
    I've enjoyed everyone of them matey.
    Your cards are fantastic but have to say the first one is beautiful.
    I had to rub my eyes at first as I thought you had fed the cats with the fish and mice lol ! That'll teach me to read properly in future.
    Best wishes
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful cards hazel, lol! Just read Ang's message, that would have been a nice feast for the cats I'm sure!!!

    Yes things don't get any better as the kids grow up you are needed more but that's the nice part isn't it?

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations to your 100th post, well done! The cards are beautiful Hazel.

    Warm hugs
    Maarit

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Hazel, I was sure I had commented on this post. I certainly read it , very strange. Congratulations. Two great cards too. Hugs Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gosh you sound busy Hazel, loving both your cards. Great use of dies and layering on your first card and your second is so cute, super bunny and oh, oh I need that bow! LOL.
    Happy crafting, hugs Erika. x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congratulations on your 100th post! Both of your cards are beautiful, love the die-cuts (especially that fabulous bow!) and I just love the adorable LOTV image.
    Rebecca.

    ReplyDelete
  17. well done on 100th post your cards are fantastic I didn`t know you had a blog I have just started blogging again after nearly 7 months away .Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Hazel,
    Congrats on your 100th post.
    Love these superb cards and their really super designs. Fab dies used in the first one, and the colours are perfect.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Well done on your 100th post Hazel!!!!! Your two cards are great and I love how you incorporate things you have with things from your sister!! Sisters are sooo useful!!

    Hugs to you Sue Pxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PS Thought I would become follower no 40 - looking forward to checking out many more posts!!

      More hugs Sue Pxxx

      Delete
  20. Oh Hazel just read your comment about hubby. I do hope he is ok? May he have a speedy recovery.
    Big hugs,

    Erika. X

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Hazel Love both of these cards and congrats on your 100th post. So glad you liked my male card.
    Hugs
    Margaret M

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Hazel

    Two beautiful cards here .. .. I especially love the new baby one .. .. it is very cute and beautiful.

    Many congratulations on your 100th post . .. did you realise how addictive blogging would become when you started? LOL!!!

    I hope you had a lovely weekend and your hubby is starting to feel a little better.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete