Monday, 31 March 2014

FiRST GO AT A POP UP CARD

Good afternoon,  well I say good lightly as it's far from good here!!!  A right dull damp day infact.   I am working from home today as one would say.   Girls and mummy away to north of Aberdeen to a Shetland pony training day.   I was asked to attack some of the toy boxes, how many times do I do this?  And they are as bad within weeks.  This time I have been ruthless and binned loads. I took the boxes home as Nancy the cleaner is in today and that wouldn't be fair on her me making a mess.  Now I have spent  two and half hours so far black sack full going to charity, another to the nursery full of play dough shapes etc. and a very full one going to the skip.  I haven't done nearly half of the boxes they have.  The others are full of playmobil and ponies, wooden bits for the toy stables so they will take hours to do, they can help.  The ones I have done are the ones that seem to be full of rubbish.
Now my card today is my take on a pop up card box, Patricia gave me insturctions on how to do them,  so rather than cut bits and pieces from new, I have used bits from my bit box.  Not nearly got it     right but as a first go it's ok and was fun to do. Will work on the design till I get it to how I want it to be.

All made out of bits. 

Well I'd better get back to work, break over will get these boxes back to the house and do what is needed done there.
Have a good afternoon what ever you are up to and thank you again for all your lovely comments on my last card, I do appreciate them all. 

Hazel xxx

20 comments:

  1. Wow Hazel, that is brilliant. I love the spots and the fabulous cheery flowers. I have been itching to have a go at one of these and think I've sussed out how, using just an A4 piece of card. Since the weather has been better I've been doing outside jobs, so it can wait for a bit, we're forecast rain this week so may have a play then!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous pop up card, I love it! I've been tempted to have a go at one of these myself, and yours is definitely an inspiration! The coloured flowers look lovely.
    Rebecca.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Waw Hazel, your gift is gorgeous, love it. What a wonerful way of using your coordinating biits. You sound like you have some hoarders to teach, of course crafters don't hoard, lol. Flora

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant Sis, told you it could be done with NO measuring.
    I don't do measuring so had to find a way to make these.
    You have made a fantastic job. I like the wee card on the front. I just write on the back panel.
    Bet you have made a fantastic job clearing out those Toy Boxes too......!!!
    Hugs

    Patricia xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous Hazel. I love the design and your detailing is so beautiful.
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Hazel brilliant for a first attempt, love the lovely papers you've used and of course your gorgeous flowers. Good luck with the toy fixing out, hugs Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Hazel great first attempt and the papers are lovely I haven't had a go at making these cards yet but I made a template lol huggles Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh well done Hazel brilliant pop up and your firs go too! I want to have a go at these but just don't have the time at the moment. Sounds like you've been a busy bee clearing up the toy boxes! Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Hazel
    Is that the gorgeous asters again? Wonderful first pop up. Love it.
    Sounds like some serious sorting done today.
    Best wishes.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  10. this is fabulous Hazel - what a wonderful card in a box - brilliant! Big Hugs -p.s do you fancy organising my kids toy boxes - lol? My Penny is just awful - I dread going under her bed xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. wonderful pop up box Hazel, love your papers and flowers.
    pam

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful card Hazel, I would never have the patience to even attempt one of these let alone complete it, it looks so complicated but very affective when finished.

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Hazel,
    oh wow this is an amazingly stunning first attempt at these kind of cards.
    I too would love to make these. Must have a go soon.
    My you sound as busy as ever, it's a wonder you had time to make this superb creation, with all that box clearing.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Hazel
    A great first attempt at this sort of card one I haven't tried yet. Just looked right through your blog to day one and what a talented lady you are! I love your baskets.
    Hugs Sue C x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Hazel, this is fabulous! I love these cards and funnily enough was looking at my template the other day and thinking I hadn't made one in ages! Yours is stunning - I really love the papers and colours you've used, gorgeous! Hugs Carole ~Z X

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hazel, I'm not sure what is 'not quite right' on this box, as I think it turned out beautifully well. Since I've not tried one of these (and probably won't!) I thought it was lovely. Loved the brights you selected, and it's so pretty with the flowers & butterfly popping out the top of the box. I'd said Well Done, even if you'd made many, but since it's the first time, it's _Extremely_ well done! Pat yourself on the back. Don't work too hard cleaning toy boxes. TFS & Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  17. It's a super box, love everything about it Hazel.

    Warm hugs
    Maarit

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hello there Hazel - just catching up a tad! I love your pop up box and can't believe this is your first attempt. I just love it. Must try one myself sometime.

    Hugs to you Sue Pxxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a fabulous pop up Hazel. I keep meaning to do one but it's another one on the list of things! Lol! Hugs Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Afternoon Hazel well for your first box i think its great im hoping to have ago at them when I get a chance. Take care Debs xx

    ReplyDelete