Sunday, 16 February 2014

ONE FOR MY BOX

Well here we are back to Sunday once again where did the week go? The only good thing with the weeks going so quickly is that we will be into spring soon!!! Well I can live in hope!!!  We had a big fall of snow late on Friday afternoon to the point I had to brush it off my car before I could leave for home no joking a good inch and a half had settled, yet we woke up yesterday to nothing and it turned out a beautiful day.  Now it's a lovely morning so far but you never know what it will be like by lunch time, we will just wait and see.
Now I want to thank those who left comments for Beth on her card.  She, I know doubt will have looked at my blog over the weekend and seen them for herself, you should have seen the smile on her face on Friday when I showed her that she had. 4.  I wish I could have shown on here the brilliant power point presentation she had done with her holiday project.  She had the words dancing across the pages, photos of her falling over bouncing on to the page you name it she had done it.  I did think her chocolate project presentation was good but oh boy this one was amazing.  Now Anna on the other hand just hand wrote hers, don't get me wrong I am all for hand written projects and she does put lots into it, but you would expect the 11years old to do the power point one and the 9 year old the hand written one. Beth is one of these little girls that if she enjoys doing something she puts her heart into it, she had so much fun making her mummy's card, but more so she loved using my GC. I had to help as she isn't the biggest of children and turning the handle was hard for her - now she is talking about that a child's cuttlebug would make a good birthday present.
Now my card is just one for my box,



I was playing with the Tonic die that Patricia had let me borrow, I felt that my card didn't need much more on it yet I could use it for different occasions.  I have cut a few of this die out for use later on. But do think I will buy it, will just add it to the list.  Maybe it's just as well I am still working.  
The girls didn't need anything doing at the dentist by the way.  they never do. 
I'd better make a move, the housework won't do its self (if only) and it's ok making cards and using my GC but oh boy you would think there had been a wedding in my spare room.
Take care, wrap up warm and stay safe. 

Hazel xxx

18 comments:

  1. Hi Hazel a beautiful card! Love the focal point being the beautiful die cut. Its beautiful and sunny here too at the moment! Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card, the die-cut is really stunning!
    Rebecca.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Morning Hazel. What a beautiful card. I agree with you totally in this case that less is more. Sorry I have been a terrible blogger recently, but life gets in the way sometimes. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card Hazel. It's a great standby card as you can put almost any sentiment on it xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous Hazel. I love the design and beautiful colours.
    I hope you enjoy the rest of the weekend.
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card Hazel and as you say can be used for any occasion xx the weather is luvly here today at the moment and our cat thinks 'spring has sprung' he is running up and down the garden like a loony xx just think he is so pleased that it isn't raining for a change xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Hazel,
    great design card. Love the colours used ,and those fab die cut butterflies.
    You should enter it into the butterfly challenge which you will find on my blog.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card Hazel, love the textures, it's very tactile.

    Warm hugs
    Maarit

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Hazel,

    Love the card and Beth's one from yesterday. Sorry I missed your post, I am trying to catch up with everyone. My good neighbor has had the cat temporarily for me till I can get it re homed, such a shame no one has come forward he's such a dear little thing, so friendly, if I could I think I would have kept him lol!

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  10. So very pretty and agree, it didn't need one other thing to be perfect. Lucky you to be able to share with your Sis & that she is willing to share! Hope the afternoon stays lovely for you. It's sunny here, but still a few patches of the white needs to melt. TFS & Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love, love, love everything you have done on this.
    Beautiful and needs nothing else, love the colours you have used.
    Hugs

    Patricia xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Hazel, this is such a pretty card & great use of the die, love the colours Carole Z x

    ReplyDelete
  13. hi Hazel, such a beautiful card, love your borrowed die and gorgeous colours.
    pam

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello Hazel, you tell Beth is is very welcome, she deserved all the lovely comments.

    Beautiful card from you today, it's a lovely die and I love your colour. Great embossed background. Take care, hugs Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hazel I hope the snow has gone by now, brr! Still waiting here for it...it's cold enough but not arrived. Phew!
    Great card and perfect for so many occasions, you can't go wrong with butterflies and flowers, but that's just my opinion. x
    I know what you mean about your crafty space too....I just shut the door and run...I keep waiting for a magic pixie to come and sort it for me.
    Happy crafting and stay warm, hugs Erika.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Hazel nice to meet you. Thanks for popping by my blog and am now a follower of yours. Enjoyed looking at your cards, loved the baby girl one.
    Hope the weather soon warms up for you dare I say it has been a beautiful day here not too hot.
    Hugs
    Margaret M

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Hazel

    Your card is gorgeous.

    I love the colour combo and the embossed background very much.

    Hope all is well with you.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Hazel
    Sorry Im all behind again.
    Love the CASness (its a technical term hahaha!) of this super card. You will have to casually forget to hand back the dies that you like. . . . .don't tell Patricia I said that.
    Best wishes
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete