Sunday, 23 February 2014

BIRTHDAY WISHES


Well it's Sunday again and a bit of a wild one here, it was dry up until half an hour ago and I did manage to get two loads of washing dry, granted I had to repeg it back on to the line a couple of times, bedding is in the machine but that will have to be tumble dried, never mind it can't be helped.
I would like to welcome my latest follower Helen ( the Die cut Diva) thank you Helen for coming and having a look at what I get up to and also thank you for your lovely comment on my Nappy Cake where all my crafting started making these and my gift baskets. Of course thank you to all who leave those lovely comments.
I was hoping to show the card I had made using one of the Sue Wilson new bow die cuts that Patricia had given to me, but it didn't turn out as well as I would have liked so it's been put to one side. Today's card is one that I have been having a little play painting my embossed back ground, I did another one using colouring pencils then found a box of water colour paints in one of my cupboards and decided to have a go.



Now this won't get used it was just me seeing what painting the embossed pattern would turn out like - needs to be worked on a good bit, but has showed me that it can be done.  The embossing folder is a Couture creations one called Super Plush. I added some ribbon and a butterfly.   I will work on doing another one, for one thing sitting painting it was relaxing.
I hope you have had a good weekend what ever you have been doing, I have to say I have been lazy and have done not a lot, no reason for not doing much apart from I just decided I wasn't running around doing loads for once.

Hazel xxx

17 comments:

  1. Hello Hazel, I think your card is very pretty and the painting looks good to me.
    The dies are just lovely and such pring like colours too.
    Not spring outside today, heavy rain and wind, perfect day for indoors, hugs Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Hazel, so pretty, love the colours and your painting looks good..we had a lovely day yesterday, but today the wind returned - very blustery! Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sis! Oh! My! Word! That is absolutely stunning I love it, a beautiful card.
    A great job done on the painting.
    Still have not found those Water Colour Pencils I promised you.
    Hugs

    Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous Hazel. I love the coloured embossed design and beautiful butterfly. I hope you enjoy the rest of the day.
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Hazel,

    This is lovely, you have done a good job painting that, I cannot see why you wouldn't want to use it? I find painting relaxing too though I have not done any for a while now.

    Take care

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card Hazel. I love how you have used the paints. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Hazel what a gorgeous card. Love how you painted the embossed part. Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is lovely Hazel - its great to play and your result is fabulous xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. lovely painting on your embossed card Hazel, one of my favorites folders, love the butterfly.
    pam

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Hazel
    Now you know I love a bright card so this is right up my street. You should use it. Its fab chuck.
    You're entitled to a lazy day. You work hard so enjoy.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Hazel,
    such a lovely idea the colouring of the embossing. You have done a wonderful job of this. A really fab and bright cheerful creation. I tried this with some pearly paints a while ago and I just didn't like my attempt.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful design Hazel with the pretty colors.

    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete
  13. Luvly card and you should use it cos its fab xx not sure if Patricia has any crafting chalks but that also gives a luvly muted finish xx I made a 'Get Well' card last year using this technique and because they are a softer colour you can get away with it not being perfect xx I will find it out and post it on my blog xx glad you were able to relax and chill while painting it's very therapeutic and the only time in the crafting class I go to that we are all quiet - lol xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Hazel, great embossing folder and I love the butterfly too. Beautiful bright colour combo too....have you tried putting embossing ink on your folder and then using pearl powders....that also creates a lovely effect.
    Have a super crafty week, hugs Erika.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Hazel

    A great finished look. Loving the treatment you have given the embossing!

    Beautiful colour combo too.

    Hope you are having a good week.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nice card.

    Thank you. Love love, Andrew. Bye.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Did a close up of your card and your painting is super! Not sure why you might not use this one, as it's very pretty. Love the splashy colors, and would be so cheerful for anyone dealing with all the rain that's been about. Way to go with keeping your paint lines right on the embossed edges too. Steady hands! Just saw a S.Wilson video and wondering where to buy her products...I saw a mention of Just Rite so will have to check their site. TFS & Hugs

    ReplyDelete