Tuesday, 18 February 2014

ANOTHER CARD USING THAT TONIC DIE

Good afternoon,and welcome to my newest follower Margaret emspaperdaze.blogspot.co.uk. Thank you for coming and having a look and becoming a follower. Now I should be working, well I am at work.   Girls have a friend round for a play and tea. They are busy playing up stairs I am no even going to look up there put it that way.  The other day I asked them to sort out a box that was sitting in the spare bedroom, it turned out to be full of "My Little Ponies" needless to say they didn't sort it out but started to play with the ponies they had loads of fun and now the three of them are playing with them.  I do think toys that are put away then brought back out are always played with again for a while where as left in the playroom they just stay there doing nothing.
Tea is all prepared and just needs heated up and some garlic bread put in the oven, so I am just taking 5 mins out to start writing this up.  I will likely get home about 6.45pm as I have to take Robyn home on my way home not far but slightly out of my way. So I can't see me doing much after we eat tonight.


I had a little play trying out different things using die cuts and bits and this is what I came up with.



I cut out 2 of the SB squares( my own) for a change, then cut out the oval again one of my own. Used part of the tonic die cut - made a mess of the other bit but didn't want to discard the good bits' added a few flat back gems and that's it. Again one that can be used for different occasions. 
I started this with good afternoon and it's now evening, I had three girls asking at 4.30 if tea was to be much longer as they were "Hungry" so what else can one do but feed them.  Then I got a phone called could I make up a Nappy Cake for tomorrow.  Well at 5o 'clock on a Tuesday my brain is going oh no   but my voice is saying on the phone "that's not a problem" it's for a girl lots of pink please was asked for, came home and the first thing was check stock and would you believe it I only have two nappies Ah!!!  Been a basket no problem don't need to put nappies it, but this is a cake that requires 16-18 of them. A trip to Tesco  to solve the problem the rest I have. 
So I will remember to photograph this one and I will make a card to go with it.  So my evening of doing very little has turned out to be a busy one.
Thank you for all your comment they are appreciated. Keep safe and dry, I know that's hard with the weather at the moment, but don't go out if you don't need too.

Hazel xxx

16 comments:

  1. This is lovely Hazel, would make a great Easter card.

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good evening Sis,
    Another stunning card, love it.
    As Jacqui said it would make a nice Easter Card
    See you in the morning
    Hugs

    Patricia xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is gorgeous Hazel, I love the design and beautiful colours.
    I am looking forward to seeing a picture of your nappy cake!
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Luvly card again Hazel and as you say can be used for any occasion xx I can't wait to see a piccy of the nappy cake - I'm intrigued xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful work Hazel - love your card! I so agree with you about toys being put away - its so exciting when they get them out again! Hugs rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful card Hazel, good luck with your nappy cake.
    pam

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really pretty Hazel I love the fresh Spring colours. Hope you got your nappy cake done i look forward to seeing it. Susan xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good Morning Hazel. What a lovely card. Your matting and layering of the scalloped squares look brilliant and I do love that butterfly. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. My what a busy lady. Love your card especially the butterfly die. Looking forward to seeing your nappy cake and card.

    Wilma x x

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is lovely Hazel,what fun colors and design.

    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello Hazel, just catching up here. lovely card once again, I thought the shape was an egg and therefore an Easter Card, but it could be. Lovely dies and colours, love the flutterbies. Hugs Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Hazel,
    well you are such a very busy lady I'm surprised you have the time to make such beautiful cards. This is very pretty.
    You know the saying if you want something done in a hurry, ask the busiest person to do it and they will do it far quicker than anybody else.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is lovely Hazel, such pretty colours, Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Hazel
    Smashing card chuck. Love all the colours as it reminds me of Spring.
    "Yur just a gal who caint say no"
    Hope you're fully stocked on nappies again.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your butterfly card. Sounds as if the girls had fun too. No my little ponies here with boys...knights and horses instead!
    Happy crafting
    Hugs Erika.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very innovative use of your S/B dies, and I LOVE the oval center die cut. Easter egg! Pretty little butterflies and the sparkling gems and your paper in the oval is saying "Spring" to me. Very beautiful card. TFS & loved reading about your 'charges'. They sound like such fun. Now I have to check your later post to see a 'nappy cake'. (I know that is a British term from watching Doc Martin! LOL) TFS & Hugs

    ReplyDelete