Monday, 10 February 2014

A LEAViING CARD


Good after noon, things still not getting better for these poor people in the south, infact it seems to be getting worse! Here in Fife it's a really nice day with the sun still out.  Have got a couple of loads of  holiday washing out and is drying, thankfully 90% of it can just be folded and put away.
Thank you for all your comments on my "Thank You " card, I do love reading them all.    Today's card is one I was asked to make when I was asked to make up the photo frame for the nusery.  They asked for something simple with a banner across that was as large as I could make it yet still keeping it nice, this is what I came up with.


Cut two SB Elegant labels 4, embossed the white one with a folder that is on loan from Patricia, cut my asters from tissue (this is tissue from Ikea ) lovely colours and nice to work with I even cut the green leaves out of tissue too. Hand cut the banner and used peel offs.  Didn't take to long, I think making sure all the bits were out of the SB dies took more time than anything.
I am still recovering from all my hugs I got this morning, they both never stopped talking till I sent them up the hill to school, needless to say Beth was telling me about the great time she had on the Black runs and over jumps ( no fear) that's her. Plus of course I also was getting told of all the silly things that had been going on. Poor mummy I think they did a lot of leg pulling with her.
By the way Tiger was very good no problems at all, and was very well behaved at the vets. I did try to get a photo of her as she is a sweet little long haired cat, but no she wasn't having any of that. 
I am away to have a cup of tea then it will be time to pick the girls up Beth goes to Cello first then it's off to piano with Anna, I should be finished by 6.45pm with any luck.
Take care 
Hazel xxx

20 comments:

  1. A beautiful card Hazel the diecuts are stunning. Glad they got safely home sounds like a good time was had by all! Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Hazel
    What a lovely card, I especially love the flower - nice to hear about your day, it has sunk in with me now that you are a nannie or housekeeper - I wondered who you were talking about before... LOL. Glad the cat was good
    Hugs
    Suzie xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Hazel, another lovely card, beautiful dies and your flower is absolutely gorgeous.
    Glad your family arrived home safely, hugs Kate X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card Hazel and the die cuts and embossing look lovely. Hugs Christine xx PS Yesterday's project was great too. - just now looked.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card Hazel. I use these dies a lot as well. It's been lovely here today up until an hour ago and now it's raining. Enjoy your Evening. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card Hazel,

    The tissue paper looks great for flowers.

    Enjoy the hugs.

    Love & Hugs (more)

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brilliant, absolutely stunning they will,love it.
    Your flowers are wonderful, have not done any with my Tissue yet.
    Those girls made your day...........happy huggles all round
    Hugs

    Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely gorgeous! Love your flowers, Carole Z xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning card and the recipient will be well chuffed with it I'm sure xx nothing nicer than a hug so getting lots on a Monday morning, what a fab way to start the week xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning card! I love this die & I don't believe I've ever seen it used quite so elegantly as you did on this beautiful card. What is the pink rectangle used behind it?Really makes the white S/B stand out marvelously. Your tissue flower is simply beautiful. Outstanding card, and TFS. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hazel, thanks for the IKEA tissue info. Don't remember seeing the tissue, but will look on my next visit. Many of our stores wrap purchases with pretty tissue. Some of the online orders do too. I save it many times just 'cause it's pretty, then never do anything with it. You've given me some good inspiration! Is the frame background part of the S/B Label 4 set? I have the regular and the gold L.4, but not remembering this being a part of the gold set. It's lovely. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Hazel,
    what a very super beautiful card. I love the design and those fab tissue flowers. I have never used tissue to make flowers, must have a go at that.
    Thank you for sharing it with us.
    I hope you enjoyed your cuppa.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a beautifully designed card Hazel. I love the colours and your flower looks wonderful.
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Hazel, your card is gorgeous...lovely colours & your die cut layers are just beautiful!
    hugs Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Hazel - we had the same blue sky - it was wonderful - love your card - the diecuts look beautiful and i love that flower xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. hi Hazel, such a beautiful card, love the pretty flower, beautiful frame and colour.
    pam

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely card Hazel, great use of dies and super flower too. Bright sunshine here too although it's cold. So strange that the south are getting all this bad weather and not us! Shhh better not say that too loud.
    Take care and happy crafting, hugs Erika.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous card design Hazel, the colors, die cuts and layers are wonderful.

    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful Hazel. The die cuts are gorgeous and the flower finishes it off beautifully.

    Kat xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Hazel hope your ok. Your card is gorgeous, the design is great and the embellishments are really pretty! Also, I'm doing a candy on my blog and would love you to enter!

    By the way, thank you for all the lovely comments you leave on my blog I love reading them !

    Love From Rebecca xx

    ReplyDelete