Monday, 27 January 2014

POSITIVE THOUGHTS


Good afternoon and welcome to my three  latest followers Maarit, at Violets corner, Jo mycraftingcorner-Jo.blogspot.co.uk.and Erika - snappycrafts. I have been following Maarit and Erika for a while now and they do comment on my blog but have decided to become followers so again thank you.
The weather is still horrible here, and I do wonder if we will get a dry day this week or will it be more rain or worse still snow, dont want that either.
Today's card is one I have made for the mum of two boys who are in Anna and Beth's class, who has just under gone surgery for Breast Cancer and will be having chemo in a few weeks.  I know what she will be going through as it's only 20 months since I was going through my chemo. I always had positive thoughts and feel in doing so it helped me get through it all, so I want Becky to know this and hope it will help her.  Now Becky is not a girly girl.  Her business is restoring old building using lime plaster. is I didn't want to make a girly card but then again I wanted it to be pretty.  This is what I came up with.

The gold spotty card and the next layer I found when I was having a sort out of my scrapbooking stash. I then cut out of gold  tissue  and white card using my Floral Square die from memory box. I glued the gold one down then foam padded the white one off setting it slightly so you can just see the gold one underneath, added some flat backed gems again from my stash, hand wrote the sentiment.  
I am off to work again I have been in this morning taking them to school, mummy has a research meeting today in her office so she was able to get set up before they arrive.  
Thank you again for all your comments. 

Hazel xxx

22 comments:

  1. What a lovely gesture Hazel which I'm sure will be well received. It's a beautiful card for sure and it looks as though the lowest layer has been gilded. Lovely job!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. a beautiful card Hazel - I'm sure the lady will really appreciate it. Big Hugs rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Hazel, it's a beautiful card and very thoughtful, but yet again you have some idea of what she is going through.
    Love the die you've used and the colour theme, I'm sure it will help the lady, hugs Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just gorgeous,love the fab design.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card with a luvly sentiment for her xx not tooo girly but still feminine - perfect xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. My thoughts are with your friend Hazel. I think the colours of this card are gorgeous and will suit her well. It's a great card. Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. HI Hazel, I think this card will be perfect, beautiful but not 'girly'. The sentiment too is just one word, but so very inspiring. I am so sorry she is having to go through this, but I am sure she will take very positive thoughts from you, hugs Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card Hazel, and it will mean so much. Enjoy your Evening. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Hazel
    Thoughtful and terrific card. You, more than most, will know what lies ahead with her treatment and I'm sure your friend will take comfort from your "positive thoughts"
    Best wishes.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a beautiful card Hazel, I am sure your friend will appreciate your kind thoughts. I wish her all the best with her treatment and recovery.
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great card which will be really appreciated.
    I love the new Die and how you have doubled it up.
    I am so late commenting, I just can't get my Blogger Dashboard up to see who's posting what.
    Happy Creating

    Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful card Hazel and I am sure it will be much appreciated. Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  13. beautiful card Hazel, love your die cuts and layout.
    pam

    ReplyDelete
  14. A very beautiful card Hazel I am sure Becky will love it. I hope all goes well for her, not a nice thing to face as you know.

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Hazel, I didn't realise I wasn't following your blog until I checked recently, whoops!
    Great card and I'm sure it will be loved, that die is beautiful. I hope a treatment goes well for the lady. x
    Take care and happy crafting, hugs Erika.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nice to see your lovely blog gaining new followers. I can easily see why too! This is a beautiful card, and just the right thing for this lady going through chemo. Says just exactly what needs saying, and such encouragement along with the unique styling you did. I'm really liking the gold & your white offset. Now that is an inspired design touch, and most especially against the dark elegant background. TFS & Hug.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Hazel

    What a lovely "positive thoughts" card.

    I am sending positive thoughts too. I really do believe they do the power of good.

    Great use of that fabby die.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Hazel,
    another really super card. I love that super die cut and your fab design.
    Not been blogging much as DH was taken into hospital on Tuesday. Luckily it wasn't anything too major and he is home again now, but it is very scary when you have to call an ambulance out .
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the colours you have used and great design. Bless you for reaching out with comfort. xx Flora

    ReplyDelete
  20. A beautiful non-girly card Hazel, love that die cut too......sadly I have to make a card for that same reason as yours, my very dear friend is having her op on Tuesday :(. Hope you're well, have a lovely weekend!
    hugs Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thank you for the warm welcome Hazel!

    It's a fabulous card sweetie.

    Warm hugs
    Maarit

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Hazel, thanks for your visit, and I just read Patricia's post about all the fun you sisters had on your outing. I don't know about splitting feathers when I gushed out that glob of glue onto my finished image, but I was sure spitting out some bad words!!! Learned a good lesson though...dab the glob of glue onto a surface far away from my project and spread it with a toothpick...not try to put a thin spot on the project!! It all turned out ok though. And it's only paper!! Have a great week, and hope your weather is not dreadful. Hugs

    ReplyDelete