Monday, 13 January 2014

ONE FOR THE BOX



Well we have a nice morning here, black ice on the roads and pathways but apart from that it's not a bad start to the day.  Didn't have to go in to work but had to take oldest daughter in to Dundee her work.  Her car has been making a terrible noise when starting in a morning and by the time she drives it to Dundee and the garage they can't find the problem, so she took yesterday so when they start it up this morning they will hear the problem, it's still under warranty so it needs to be sorted.  So while I was over dropping her near the hospital I popped into the Chemo Unit and handed in boxes of biscuits, a large jar of coffee and a large drinking chocolate, and then over to the Maggies Centre with a couple of carry bags of tins and packets for their food bank so that's my good deeds for the day done.  It's nice to see what or fund raising money goes on rather than just handing over money.
My card today is one of a few I made while trying out the new dies that Patricia big sister had let me borrow. Oh I did have fun and made  lots of mess with all the bits. Thank goodness my Dyson can make short work of it all.

Embossed the bottom piece with a small dotty folder, hand cut the green spotty layer which is from Forever Friends 12x12 card,  added some lace which is from my stash. die cut Spellbinders Majestic Elements out of the reverse side of the green spotty card the flower motif  was on this sheet and I felt it was just right for this card. As I said I have put it in a box to use at some date. 
On Saturday I had good fun with our grand-daughters making cards, little Lauren as usual knew what she wanted to do with her cards and off she went, Rebecca as usual has to put on lots of bling, Lauren did say to her she thought a heart she had added was in the wrong place - yes she is only three and half  going on thirty her mummy does say it's the birth sign ( Taurus ) now that's mine too, so I don't know if that's a bit of a dig at me who knows!!! 
That's it for today apart from to say thank you for all your lovely comments on my get well card.

Hazel xxx

16 comments:

  1. Fabulous card Hazel. I love what you have done with the dies. I need to do some cards for my box too. I love crafting with children too. Enjoy your Day. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW another fab card love the design. Kids are great to craft withaf they know what they want.

    Wilma x x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Hazel,
    I too love crafting with my 6 year old granddaughter.
    Great card, and a fab design. Lovely ingredients for this creation.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous Hazel, such a beautiful design and I love the soft colours.
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well Sis for a person who told me "oh! I don't do cards" you are producing some super makes.
    Keep up the great work
    Hugs

    Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Hazel, another lovely card, I love your design and soft colour palette.
    Looks like you have another crafter in the family with Lauren, sounded like a fun day, hugs Kate X

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another lovely card Hazel. You've taken to this card making like a duck to water! It reminds me that I got these dies for Christmas and they have not yet seen the light of day. Must have a go. Hugs Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Hazel, this card is beautiful..I really love the soft colours and the design is gorgeous, Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Hazel,

    This is gorgeous, love the colours, like a light sage, beautiful. Sounds like you have fun with your Granddaughters.

    Take care

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is just gorgeous,fab image and details.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. beautiful card Hazel, love your soft colour tone and dies you have used.
    pam

    ReplyDelete
  12. Really pretty Hazel love the earthy colours. Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card and what a kind lady you are doing all these good deeds xx a very special person me thinks xx take care xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful card and what a kind lady you are doing all these good deeds xx a very special person me thinks xx take care xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Hazel I'm sure the drinks and nibbles were well received. x
    I love your card, great soft colour combo and great layering too.
    I haven't got back into the rhythm yet since Christmas....maybe cause my crafty space is such a midden!
    Happy crafting, hugs Erika.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Hazel
    Another super card. Can't wait to see what you come up with when you start doing cards lol !
    I like to do what I call a "random act of kindness" when I go out. It can be something simple like getting something down from a high shelf in a shop for someone who can't reach or putting tins in the pet charity bin at Tesco. Does make you feel good for helping someone, even in a small way.
    Best wishes
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete