Friday, 10 January 2014

GET WELL SOON

I was going to say good morning but looking at the clock it better be good afternoon, where has the morning gone, not only that where has the week gone too?
Thank you for all your lovely comments on my card. I know I am miles away from being able to make cards like all you wonderful card makers make, but I am enjoying doing something different and trying out using all these great dies and embossing folders that are out there.   Today's cards is one that I made for Kathryn my friend who had her back op last Saturday, her op ended up taking 6 hrs. She is doing ok, up and moving they had her up with in a matter of hours. She now has 2 pins and 4 screws in her back but from that she no longer has the terrible pain in her leg. Granted her back is a bit tender and sore, then again if you had someone's hands inside your back for 6 hrs putting pins and screws in I think your back would be sore, now I only hope she will do as she is told and not over do it. Now for someone who can't sit still that can be difficult.


I wanted to try out a border dies and choose this one as it was a simple one, the butterfly die is ones that I bought myself as I just love butterflies.  The embossing folder is one I have borrowed from Patricia. Added some flat backed pearls and hand wrote the message, Patricia has been looking out some stamps for me to use. I am going to a stamping up day at the tearoom at the beginning of Feb. So I can see some money being spent. 
Off now to have some lunch then get back to work and a pile of ironing oh the joys, I might get away early as mummy is at home working and her and Anna were talking about going for a run after school Beth is away to her friends for a sleepover. So I might just be lucky but won't hold my breather.
Have a good weekend, I am looking after grand daughters tomorrow, and they want to do crafty stuff so will get that organised tonight.

Hazel xxx

16 comments:

  1. What a beautiful card and sure to put a smile on your friends face xx your cards are amazing so don't put yourself down and luv the handwritten sentiment (I wouldn't dare as my handwriting is shocking) xx have a fab weekend too and enjoy the crafty time with your grand-daughters xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another stunning card Sis,
    I love what you have done with the border Die those edges are beautiful Please don't tell me they are what I lent you.............LOL
    Gail is right it takes courage to "hand write" greetings. Well done you.
    Have a great weekend

    Patricia xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Hazel, a beautiful design and pretty colours.
    I hope you have a good weekend
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hazel, don't be so hard on yourself. We all went through the starting stage and mine were truly awful. This card is so beautiful and is sure to cheer up your friend. Just to take the time and make a special card is a lovely thing to do. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Hazel, another lovely card, the border die is beautiful and so are your colours. Pleased to hear your friend is recovering and she is sure to love your card. I think you are selling yourself short, all your cards so have have been beautiful, hugs Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is lovely Hazel - the embossing and diecuts look fab xx Hope you have a wonderful weekend x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Hazel, beautiful card for your friend, love the dies, embossing colour and a fabulous layout.
    pam

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card Hazel I am sure it will mean a lot to your friend! Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is just gorgeous,love the fab design and details.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely card Hazel, your friend will love it.

    I loved yesterdays card too, sorry did not get round to everyone's blogs yesterday.

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card Hazel, the textures are great.

    Warm hugs
    Maarit

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Hazel
    Another corker chuck. Your cards are just as good as anyone's so don't knock yourself matey.
    I like handwriting personal sentiments but spookily, I made a card yesterday for someone to give a friend that I stamped with "get well soon" and the stamp looks very similar to your writing. Will pop it on the blog in a few days
    Enjoy the rest of your weekend.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Another gorgeous card Hazel, I can see you're liking this cardmaking :) Carole Z xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Hazel,
    can't sleep so I thought I would do some blogging.
    Loving your card it's so lovely. Great design too.
    I am so glad your friends op went well. I have my pr op assesment this coming week and next week the op. Not looking forward to the posturing for 5 days after the op.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Hazel,
    it's me again. Just noticed your time zone is wrong. You need to go in and change your time to British time, as I am writing this in the middle of the night, but your time shows evening. This needs to be done as if you ever want to shedule your post it won't work.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Now you really are into cardmaking and lucky enough to have a big sis to borrow dies from. Beautiful card, keep them coming.

    Wilma x x x

    ReplyDelete