Thursday, 9 January 2014

BIRTHDAY CARD FOR BETH'S FRIEND


Good morning, well I don't know what it's like with you, but we have a lovely bright sunny but frosty start.  Trouble with these kind of morning it comes with problems for drivers.  Oh yes I was lucky car did do a little slip slide when we were going to school but we were ok - heart did go a little, but after I put the dogs back into the house and was heading home I had to stop and lend my phone to a gentleman who wasn't so lucky he wrote his car off at the little bridge just passed the farm track. Now  this little bridge it is little as it goes over a burn but every year some poor soul ends up taking it out with their car.  Fife council have been caught out once again with not getting the grit down.  Any way the said gentleman was shaken but ok, and that's my good deed done for today.

Now today's card is one I made for Beth's friend as title says, and it's made using bits that I won in the candy from Rachel (http://fisherscardsandcrafts.blogspot.co.uk) so thank you Rachel. Beth had her eye on these bits from when I received the candy and asked if I would help her make a card, as it turned out I ended up doing it due to lack of time. Beth is really pleased with it and now she is thinking who else is having a birthday so that we can make another one.



Just a very simple card but that's what I like about it. I do love the Me to You Bear.
No die cutting to be done with this card.  Going to be playing with some new dies well I will rephrase that. Some more dies that Patricia has let me borrow, my!!! that sister of mine has a small fortune in dies, but as she says to that  " never " I bet her John doesn't know how many she has, but I am thankful for the borrow. I will see what ones I like then buy. 
Now keep warm and dry and when you think it's cold stop and think of those in America with up to -51 temps. The thought is enough and I am sure we will get a bit of it here but do hope it is no more than single figures if it does. 
Thank you once again for calling in, and if you have a blog do leave a comment so I can have at look at our makes, I do love seeing what others do.
Hazel xxx 

15 comments:

  1. Brilliant card and even nicer in real life. I saw this yesterday folks. I am so proud of how Hazel has taken to "card making" . No! No! thats not for me she was saying not so long ago.......!!!!
    Great job have a good play with the dies it is all good fun.
    Stay safe on those icy roads
    Hugs

    Patricia xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely CAS card Hazel, the pennants look fab! Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab card Hazel and luv the bunting & teddy xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking Good Hazel - a wonderful make and I'm so glad to see the cnady being used!!! Big Hugs rachel xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another fabulous card Hazel. Cardmaking can be so therapeutic too. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card Hazel, I love the cute Me to You Bear and pretty bunting.
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card Hazel. Love the bunting. I was the same about starting a blog - no, no, I couldn't possibly have a blog!!! We went into town earlier, Very bright and sunny, but bitterly cold. We waited until the frost and ice started to dissipate before we went. Love and hugs Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. The temperatures are crazy in the states just now aren't they Hazel...we've had -9 here and that was bad enough.
    Arh the hills weren't the ones I thought but do look very similar to a range in Yorkshire.
    Great card, that wee bear is so cute and I love all bunting.
    Take care, hugs Erika.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a pretty card Hazel!! See, you've been well and truly bitten by the bug!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonder card Hazel, love the bunting and tatty ted. My you are coming on very well but you do have a great card maker on hand for tips. Take care and watch out for the ice.

    Wilma x x x

    ReplyDelete
  11. w it's so sweet Hazel, I like this Teddy too, lovely simple card, glad Beth liked it. Take care with the driving, hugs Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great card Hazel. Love the bunting and of course that cute bear.

    Stay safe.

    Kat xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. beautiful card Hazel, love the cute "me to you" bear and bunting.
    pam

    ReplyDelete
  14. A lovely card Hazel, I lovely bunting on cards! I know we shouldn't wish time away, but I just want it to be Spring!!! Warm hugs, Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Hazel
    You just gotta love Tatty Ted. I had these decoupage sheets but mine had to all be cut by hand. . . . . .didn't buy that type again lol !
    How fab that you can dip into Patricia's Die Library. Just make sure you don't get any late fees!
    Mr Duck should be in your neck of the woods about now as he's near Dunfermline today.
    Have a good one chuck.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete