Friday, 17 January 2014

A CAS BIRTHDAY CARD

Good morning, it is certainly better than it was a couple of hours ago when it was pouring with rain!
I hope you are all well and if not here's some (((( hugs)))).
Thank you again for all your comments and engoragement you are giving me on my journey into card making. But oh it's a messy journey - all those little bits are ever where! Yet I am enjoying making cards.  I do have a gift basket to do this weekend so that will come first, it's another order from the nursery, this time it's the mums want to give the teacher a leaving gift. I am waiting to see what budget they will have before I say what I can make up for them.  Patricia asked me to make up a baby basket the other day and I forgot to photograph it, then again I had it in my head I needed to do it for Wednesday and yes I forgot to get it ready so got up early on Wednesday and made it up   - the light would not have been great to take photos.  My excuse !!!

Today's card I made using a Memory Box Die I bought yesterday ( just popped into Poles Apart in Cupar to see if he had any new papers in stock) had a wee look at the dies and liked the look of this one. Oh the photos should have been under what I had written, don't ask me what happened.  Anyway the die is a corner one but I wanted to see what they would look like if I joined them I the centre, this is how it turned out, I now see that a bit of the form pad under the butterfly is showing oh never mind will sort that out.  I embossed the back ground with a happy birthday embossing folder as I didn't want any words printed on the card used the four memory box corners also the butterfly is a memory box die have got to say I do like these dies. 
Well that's it for today, I do need to get a move on and do some house work and attack the ironing pile.  Do take care and enjoy what ever you are doing this weekend, I am taking it easy ( well that's at the moment)

Hazel xxx

16 comments:

  1. I love the texture you created with your embossing and dies, Hazel. Your card is really lovely!
    Happy New Year to you, too! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Hazel, what a brilliant idea, I have never thought of doing that with a corner die...I'm going to have a go now though!! I confess...my pony is extremely spoilt, she is an old lady though (that's my excuse anyway!!) and I do wish that some of my owners would take half as much care. We have throughbred and arab owners that leave them out in all weathers and the poor animals look so miserable :0(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Hazel love how you've created that delicate background for your butterfly. Great use of dies and a lovely CAS card.
    Happy crafting, hugs Erika.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Keep saying it Sis, but for someone who was not interested in "Card Making" you are creating some fantastic cards.
    I love the corner Die I think I need some of these cut out please!! Pretty please!!!
    Have a great weekend
    Hugs

    Patricia xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Hazel
    Fab card and what a great looking die. Those corners are a useful thing to play with.
    Just got back from lunch with the girlies and my Filigree Delight and Delicate Asters have arrived so I'm off to play.
    Have a super weekend.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Hazel,

    This is beautiful, you are making a good go of these cards, I love the corner die, this one is very pretty, they fill a card up well don't they? looks like you'll be cutting plenty out if Patricia has her way lol!

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely gorgeous Hazel, I just love it. Beautiful dies, ingeniously used, love the butterfly, hugs Kate X

    ReplyDelete
  8. such a clever idea Hazel - wonderful card xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is gorgeous Hazel, such a great design and I love the delicate colours.
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. beautiful card Hazel, love clever design.
    think blogger was playing up today, I have loads of space between photos and writting, will use Chrome in future. having to use it now,
    pam

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card Hazel and luv how you have used this die xx it's fab xx I have a few Memory Box dies and I like you, luv them xx enjoy the rest of your weekend xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous Hazel, love how you've used the die. I think I might have this one (lol) but I've never thought of using it like this - clever girl.

    Have a lovely weekend.

    Kat xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Hazel,
    I see your into playing around with the dies already.
    I love what you have created by playing around with it.
    Looks like a great die to own.
    I too have to attack the ironing soon.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oooh you are having fun with your new dies! I love the delicate background you've created, beautiful! Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete
  15. Stunning card Hazel, clever design!

    Warm hugs
    Maarit

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love dies, and I love what you did with this one (which I think I have! Never thought to try your idea, but I certainly will look at these corner dies much differently after seeing your beautiful use of this particular die!). Loved your colors & the butterfly was a wonderful accent perched atop your corners medallion. Perfect design with the scalloped cardshape. Just joined as your newest follower, and thanks for your recent visit. Hope you'll find time to come again. Happy week, and I'll be back to enjoy some more of your art. Hugs

    ReplyDelete