Friday, 3 January 2014

A BIRTHDAY CARD


Good evening, well you can't really say it's good in fact it's horrendous.   I feel for those who again in such a short space of time have been flooded again, so if you are one of these I send you ((((hugs)))). To others all I say is stay safe and dry.
Well thank goodness life will be back to normal next week, I don't know about you but I am so mixed up with days, it's Friday but has felt like Monday because of having the two days off.  I was in work today and I had the enjoyable task (NOT) of getting the girls to pick up and tidy away things.  Now I am not talking about toys,books and other Christmas presents. No they had every doll they own lying on the floor of the living room not the family/ playroom where I wouldn't have cared no this is the more adult room plus all the cushions off the two sofas, then add two dogs, two music stands Beth's chair that she uses to play her cello, and it was like a bomb had gone off. I don't how Daddy and Mummy could have sat in there I couldn't even walk in safety across the floor.
What I am showing you is another card I made the other day when I was having a little play with my new dies given to me by my big sister Patricia.



It's a 5x5 ins card, the papers are from Noir et Chic. I love these 12x12 papers.  This will just be put in the box so I have a card when needed. Again I am pleased with how it turned out. 
I am away to start on a large scrapbook project. I have been asked by grandsons nursery to scrapbook. 41 photos into a photo frame. It will take a bit of playing with papers, shapes etc but here's hoping it turns out ok.
Right I am off to put my feet up and relax, well that's what I would like to do but then again I know doubt the phone will ring or husband will decide he needs to show me something on the computer that he has found - you know what it's like. 
Thank you for all your comments as I keep saying I love reading them all. 

Hazel xxx

19 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Hazel, , I'm wishing you and your family all the best for 2014!

    Warm hugs
    Maarit

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card Hazel. Nice to have a stock pile isn't it? Like having a little safety cushion. Hugs Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another brilliant card Sis.
    Really pleased you are enjoying "card making"
    Good luck with your project
    Even I will not bother you this evening!!!!!
    Hugs

    Patricia xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Luvly card Hazel, luv the papers too xx your scrap book project sounds interesting and would luv to see the outcome if possible but I guess if photos are involved you probably won't be able to show it xx good luck with it anyway - I would personally find that a bit daunting xx have a fab weekend xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is gorgeous Hazel. I love the design and beautiful colours too.
    I hope you are managing to have a relaxing evening.
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Hazel. What a gorgeous card , dies like these are so lovely to work with too. Weather here is awful too. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. hi Hazel, your card is fabulous, love the colours and dies you have used.
    pam

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is lovely Hazel - great card - the scene you described is very familiar to me - lol!!! My girls just love to play and hate to tidy!!!! Their dad is the tidy one bless him!!! He has a hard job with the three of us! Big Hugs and you keep safe and dry too! Hugs Rachel xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Hazel

    It looks like you have been having fun with your new toys. Lovely makes!!

    Pleased you had a good Christmas.

    I hope 2014 is super kind to you and it is a healthy and happy one.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good Morning Hazel, what a charming card, love your design with those beautiful dies, especially the butterflies. It's like youv'e been making cards for years.

    Did you get my email? Have a restful weekend, hugs Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  11. My how you are progressing with the card making, lovely card and the papers are beautiful too. Good luck with your scrapbook page.

    Wilma x x x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous card Hazel I can see you are putting your new dies to good use. Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the monochrome look Hazel and the butterflies finish it off beautifully. Yup, I will be glad to get back to normality!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Hazel,

    Beautiful card, you have done well, great of Sis to buy you dies, I am sure you are enjoying making cards as much as boxes lol!

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  15. A gorgeous card Hazel..lovely present of those dies! Hugs Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Hazel
    Happy New Year chuck!
    Bet you wish you were Hazel Poppins and you could clap your hands and everything puts itself away lol !
    Now, I think we ought to confiscate this GC of yours as you are making cards that are too bloomin good Missy!
    I have the Noir et Chic 6x6 papers and love em and Thurs, I got the Neroli pad. Don't know which is next as the First Edition range is fab.
    Anyhoo, time for a cuppa.
    Take care.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love to be able to clap my hands and things would be done. Give up my GC no way and like you don't know which new first edition to go for next. Hazel

      Delete
  17. Gorgeous Hazel, I love black and white cards. I need to get some cards made to have handy. Already I need a sympathy card! Good luck with the scrapbook project.

    Kat xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Hazel,
    what a fab card. Love the design of this gem of a card. Black and White one of my fav colour combos.
    Sounds great the scrapbook project. I don't know how you find the time.
    Happy New Year to you and your family.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete