Sunday, 29 December 2013

THINKING OF YOU


Well that's Christmas over and done with for another year!  I have got to say I didn't get stressed and it all came together without any problems,  it goes to show it's not worth it.  We had a quite one with Gillian our oldest coming for lunch, then on Boxing Day Christopher, Angela ad the girls popped in for just half an hour while they were on route to Angela's parents and Tammy, Derek and the boys came for a buffet tea which was lovely as no real work involved, then it was just back to the two of us. So a very enjoyable time.

Now I hope Santa was good to you, he left me some lovely things.  Husband bought me two dies, and my lovely big sister Patricia also gave me dies and an embossing folder so I have some new toys to play with and of course I did get my Grand Calibar before Christmas.   So last night I had a little play and made a few cards, this one I made for my friend Kathryn who is going in on Saturday for a 5 hour back operation so I decided to just let her know we will be thinking of her, and hope that after this she will be pain free.


I used a prefolded 5x5 card,  Tonic Square Laying die ( present from big sister) embossed with Dainty Dots folder, then cut Fluer delis large and medium dies, finished with an Astre flower ( die was one of my present from husband) had been using Patricia's  and a small label cut die,  I am pleased with how it's turned out, but know I have a long way to go.

Back to work tomorrow, another few days off would be lovely but I just think that if I am in looking after the girls ( not hard work really) mummy and daddy are doing clinics and a lot of people are being one step closer to finding out what's wrong or getting treatment sorted out. I know what waiting
for appointments is like.

Thank you for stopping by and checking out what I have been up to. I do love reading all comments.

Hazel xxx

16 comments:

  1. Love your card Hazel so pretty I can see you are progressing very well and will be showing us all up soon. Quite Christmas here but then I do think Christmas should be for the kids anyway. Have been getting used to my new toy and need to get something done now instead of reading up on it, there is so much to learn but I should take it one project at a time and not try to do everything at once.

    Take care and Happy New Year.

    Wilma x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant card, I have had a "sneeky peak" at others you have done and they are all "fantastic".
    For someone who had no interest in Die Cutting till a few weeks ago you are doing a wonderful job.
    Keep up the great work ...... You will now be able to make all the cards to go with the Gift Baskets and Boxes you do. Save waiting to meet me to get them.
    Hugs

    Patricia xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is very pretty Hazel, enjoy using your pressies. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  4. There will be no stopping you now Hazel!! The purples and cream look lovely together xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful card Hazel. Looking forward to seeing many more of your cards. Enjoy your Day. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Hazel, your card is beautiful, lovely design with those pretty dies. I love your colours too.
    so pleased you had a lovely Christmas and a good rest. We too had a great time, quiet, very relaxing, with wonderful food. Be in touch soon, hugs Kate X

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card Hazel! I'm glad you had a good Christmas with some lovely crafty presses! We had a great time too, in fact we have more visitors tomorrow, so it's still going on somewhat! I'm having a break from the craft room until New Year! Hugs, Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete
  8. wonderful card Hazel and it sounds like you had a lovely Christmas! Wishing you a very happy new year too - we had a lovely time - and \i have candy at my blog if you're interested xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your card is gorgeous Hazel, such a fabulous design and I love the colours.
    I am pleased you had a good Christmas, I wish you all the best for the New Year.
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Hazel,
    well you have truly got the card making bug now, and what a superb creation.
    So glad you had a few dies to go with your GC for Christmas.
    I do hope your friends op goes well. Sounds really major, all that time in the operating theater.
    I keep worrying they are going to want to put the metal plates in the top of my spine soon with this trouble I am having. I am keeping my fingers crossed that it's not going to be any time soon, but it is on the cards at sometime I was told 6 years ago.
    Best wishes to you and your family for the New Year.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Hazel
    Well look at you Missy. What a super card. Love the asters. Must get me that set as they always look great.
    Hope that your friend's op goes well.
    Best wishes.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Hazel and what a lovely card. I see Santa was good to you!
    Have fun with your new dies. x
    I don't envy your friend with a 5 hour op, I hope all goes well for her too.

    Take care and all the best for 2014,
    Hugs Erika.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous Hazel, love the colours you've used. Great use of your new dies. Hope the op goes well for your friend.

    Kat xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fab card and I think you are doing amazingly well to say what a short time you have been making cards xx I cringe when I think back to what my cards where like in the early days xx fingers x'd for your friends back op and hope you have a fab New Years Eve whatever you are doing xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Hazel,

    HAPPY NEW YEAR to you and your family.

    I am finally getting round to viewing everyone's blogs lol! Such a beautiful card you have made, I do hope your friend recovers well, its only been 9 months since my back op and I am still recovering so tell her not to rush or overdo anything.

    I love all the boxes you made, they are gorgeous.

    May 2014 bring you peace and happiness.

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  16. hi Hazel, hope you and your family have a happy and peaceful new year,
    fabulous card.
    pam

    ReplyDelete