Saturday, 14 December 2013

FAMILY SIZED BOXES


Well folks I don't know what your weather is like but oh boy here it's miserable, pouring with rain and very windy!!!   The type of day that you really just want to stay in.   Charlie and went out to get bits and we had lunch out, nothing posh just a bowl of soup for myself and Charlie had a toastie but it just got us out.

Thank you for all your lovely comment about my Birthday card, I will be making more, my fault is that I want  to spend loads of time playing with bits to see what I can do and to be honest at the moment I can 't spare that time, have made up three gifts today should have been six but I have got side tracked and then we were out as I said, but there is tomorrow.

I was asked if it was possible for me to make  bigger Oramgi boxes than the ones I have made from 12x12 card, so put the old brain to work and did these.



I have put one made from 12x12 next to one to show the difference in size, the big one is made from a 171/2x171/2  or 46x46 cms piece of card, the base of the box is 18 cm across.  Now these are for gifts to hand in to family's instead of just a box of  Roses or the likes also one is for a school staff room it's filled with 50 Mixed Lindt balls.   I kept them not to fussy.   They were loved by the lady who ordered them. It goes to show what you can do with the basic design.

Well I suppose I'd better go and see if I can get another couple of these gifts made up.   I haven't started doing any parcel wrapping for myself yet, or for the ones for Anna and Beth's teaching staff.

Yes I do those to. Girls have given me ideas what they would like and mummy pays for them, good job  I don't mind, we were going to give boxes that the girls made but seeing how all the children made them at school we put that idea to one side.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Hazel xxx

15 comments:

  1. Fabulous Hazel. I haven't seen card stock so large, although I know Crafters Companion do 16 / 16 inches. Where did you get it? The size will make such a difference to what you can actually put into the box. Hugs Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous Boxes Hazel. Like Christine asked, where do you get such large card. Been a very depressing day here too. The sea is so rough and the little boats in the marina are bobbing about all over the place. Hugs Rita xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant Boxes Sis, love the bigger size.
    Got all my wrapping done. Off the put my feet up for the evening.
    Hugs

    Patricia xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Hazel, what beautiful boxes, they're gifts in themselves. The card you've used is so pretty. Where does the design come from and is there a tutorial? Kate X

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! These looks wonderful Hazel. Such gorgeous design, beautiful colours and fabulous detailing too.
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job Hazel. I had a go at doing one of these origami boxes, but it wasn't quite up to your standard!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. gorgeous box`s Hazel, love this design.
    cold but lovely sunny windy day here, got my washing dry.
    pam

    ReplyDelete
  8. brilliant boxes Hazel - they look fabulous!!! Its been awful here today too altho we did have a bright start xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Hazel
    There is an echo of "wheredya get that card from?" Never seen such big runs. Would be really handy.
    Can't believe Kate missed the origami box fest a few weeks ago lol !
    Take care chuck.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  10. In answer to where I got the card from is my local craft shop, it's a craft shop and carpet, curtain shop, family run and very helpful. It's A 3 I think.

    Hazel

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous boxes - luv them and what a fab way to gift chocolates xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ooh Hazel, these boxes are gorgeous! For anyone who asked and isn't lucky enough to live near your local craft shop..you can get A3 card in most art shops, hope that helps :) Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Hazel,
    oh wow what super larger boxes.
    Thank you for the inspiration.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Hazel,

    Beautiful boxes, they are really nice. lovley colours too.

    Have a great Christmas & New Year

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great boxes again Hazel, I'm sure they'll be loved.
    Hope you had a super day yesterday, hugs
    Erika.

    ReplyDelete