Friday, 1 November 2013

SOME MORE OF THE SAME


Firstly thank you to everyone who as either sent me well wishes or have asked after me.  I am feeling better than I have done in the past couple of weeks. My cold cleared up but I was left with terrible sore joints and mussels, then to crown it all I got an inner ear infection.  I had bloods taken to see what's going on and tablets for the ear thing. ( other wise I am falling apart. ) plus old age is setting in.

As my title says More Of  The Same,  I had a call last week from one of the nurses at the Chemo Unit   Asking if I could make up a baby girl gift. Took along three for them to choose, and they decided between them the Nappy Cake. It turns out it's for one of the nurses whom I got to know last year and liked. She is expecting baby No 4 and another girl.  This is what I made this one up like.


Guess who forgot to photograph it clinged up?   The " it's a girl " ribbon is one of the reels I bought from Michaels.
I love these Yankee Candles this one is " Baby Powder " and is just how I loved the smell of my babies after there bath, I know today they say not to use it, but it never did mine any harm.

While I was at the Unit I also managed to sell a few gifts and Oragami boxes, so that's some more pennies into the charity fund.  

Well I'd better start thinking about getting back to work, then pick up the girls, they have to get their ponies ready for Hunting tomorrow, so there will be a few " oh do we have to" oh happy days.
Have a good weekend what ever you may be doing.

Hazel xxx

22 comments:

  1. What a fab "cake" Hazel. Sorry to hear that you have been under the weather but hope that you are soon feeling well again xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. How beautiful is this gift set Hazel. I love it. Hope your feeling better now. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Hazel
    Sooooo cute. Have sadly never smelt a bathed baby, only ones that have been in dire need of a bathe following a deposit in their nappy lol!
    Glad you are on the mend. You will need all your strength for next Friday.
    Have a great weekend.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you are feeling better Hazel. Lovely gift set again. Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow this is adorable :) I hope you feel better very soon and rest up

    Hugs

    Vic x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Hazel, pleased to hear you are feeling better.

    Your baby cake is gorgeous, what lovely little things your putting in, love Teddy on the top. You don't overdo things now... hugs Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  7. HI Hazel, so pleased to hear you are feeling better, take care X Your nappy cake is beautiful and I love looking at all the gorgeous presents you put inside; the teddy is so cute, hugs Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Hazel,
    so glad your feeling better. I was worried when your big sis mentioned you were ill.
    Love your baby cake it almost makes me want to have one so I could receive one of these.lol. But those days are gone so I will look forward to your Christmas ones, when they are posted.
    Lots of love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Hazel
    I am pleased that you are starting to feel better, I hope you continue to make a good recovery.
    Your baby cake is wonderful, such a fabulous design and I love the cute teddy.
    I hope you have a good weekend
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your nappy cakes Hazel, just perfect. Hope you are feeling much better Patricia has mentioned you hadn't felt well.
    Take care and stay warm.
    Hugs Erika. x

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful nappy cake Hazel, love your cute bear.
    glad you are improving, take care ... pam

    ReplyDelete
  12. That really does look amazing hazel. Brilliant work. Glad ur feeling better x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Hazel,

    Good to hear from you again on your blog. Lovely gift, you are clever at putting these together, so professional.

    Glad you are feeling a bit better, hope you have a nice weekend.

    Love & hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hope you're feeling much better today Hazel, it's a fabulous gift!

    Warm hugs
    Maarit

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love this! It's gorgeous!
    Glad your feeling better hazel!
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Hazel,

    Glad your dog is curled up near you its a scary time for them isn't it? My two cats are not happy they have had to stay in, the male is not that bothered but the female is petrified of fireworks, or at least the noise they make bless her.

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  17. Good morning Sis,
    Thank you for popping over to Gail's Blog to give her the encouragement we all need when starting our journey in Blogland.

    Patricia xxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Hazel

    This is just gorgeous. Too lovely to take apart!!!

    I bet that candle will make everything smell super lovely.

    Pleased to read you are feeling much better .. .. just in time to have fun with your Sis!

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. hope you feel better Hazel.
    love this nappy cake. fantastic and so professional x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Hazel, just stopping by to say how delightful your blog is. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
    http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a beautiful, unique gift Hazel. I'm sure the recipient will be delighted with it.

    Your holiday sounds wonderful.

    Glad to hear you're feeling better. As for aging, I don't think any of us wants or likes to admit we're getting older lol!

    Take care,

    Kat x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow Hazel I have just 'popped' over to see you first card and absolutely luv this - you are a talented crafty pair of sisters xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete