Monday, 11 November 2013

MY BUYS AT THE NEC.



Good afternoon, no I didn't get lost or left behind at the NEC.   I just don't know where time has gone.   Got in through the door on Saturday after returning from our trip to Birmingham, for  Charlie to tell me that I had just missed seeing our son and my two grand daughters and that it was ok as they were coming for lunch tomorrow (Sunday) and that Rebecca would like it if I would show her how to make an Oragami box.  Ok didn't mind that but oh I was so looking forward to an easy day.  Next Charlie then also adds and I have invited Gillian ( oldest daughter) for tea, as you can imagine I just saw my easy day disappear.  I love having them but oh boy I love having a day off also I remembered I had said to Gillian I would make boxes for her necklaces that she has been making for a charity craft night.  I knew she was hoping I would do some of them.

Any way Chris, Rebecca and little Lauren  came had lunch then we made boxes - Lauren is just 31/2 years but she wanted to make a box ( I DO ONE TOO!! ) was her.  Have got to say Rebecca made her with no trouble and daddy and Lauren made a lovely one to. Chris had his camera with him and was taking photos and I didn't.

My buys = 

As you can see my buys are more for making gifts and decorations, plus to bags. The little silk evening one is a Christmas gift. The other one is for myself.   All in all I had a fantastic couple of days the high light being the meeting of  Ang. (Mrs Duck) and Christine ( Christine's cards and craft)
I haven't had a night like that in a long time.




A couple of Gillian's necklaces and some of the boxes I have been making.  Some of the card for the boxes is from Lidl and the others are from Trimcraft Nordic Christmas and Silent Night Collection.  All lovely to work with. 

Oh bad me I meant to welcome my new follower Chris. Welcome to my little craft/ gift making blog, I hope I can give you some ideas . 

Well I suppose I'd better make a move and go to work. Note that I really can't wait to get going - not I could just sit here and do some crafting bits, but hey ho that is just not on the cards for today, it's cello and piano to night so will be lucky to be home before 6.45pm. 
Thank you for calling by and leaving lovely comments, I love getting them and reading them all.
Hazel xxx

15 comments:

  1. Lots of Lovely Goodies Hazel. Its sounds as if you had the time of your life. Your family sounds very like mine. Gran can do everything. Ha Ha. Have fun when you get time and I'm looking forward to seeing your creations. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow Hazel - love the look of your goodies and your daughter's necklaces look amazing - wonderful. Glad you enjoyed the NEC xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking forward to seeing your purchases made into wonderful things!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you had a good time at the NEC, I look forward to seeing what you create with your new goodies.
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Hazel,

    Good to hear from you again and all those goodies look fab, should keep you even more busier for a while lol! I love how our hubbies plan our days off for us don;t you lol?

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Hazel,
    fab lot of goodies, and wonderful boxes and necklaces. Sounds like you had a hoot of a time with the other crafting ladies.
    Hope you do get some me time tonight.
    Have a wonderful crafty evening.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like you all had a wonderful time Hazel. Some lovely boxes, I went to Lidl after you posted it and got some of the card - now to remember where I have put it!! Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope you can get a rest now Hazel!! It's lovely to have the family round - and lovely when they go! Lol! Only kidding. It was a wonderful evening. John was pretty tired when I eventually got home and I couldn't stop yakking on. He said " You're rather animated tonight!!" Love and hugs Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Brilliant boxes, I like the colours of the Button Necklaces.
    Your stuff seems to have grown on the journey home as well as Kate's ......

    Patricia xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooh Hazel, hope you've finally managed a rest now! Love all your goodies! Carole Z xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Hazel, the boxes are gorgeous, lovely patterned card, and Gillian's button neckless is beautiful.
    It seems like you hardly had a chance to draw breath when you arrived home hope you get a chance to play with your new stuff soon, hugs Kate X

    ReplyDelete
  12. lovely goodies from NEC Hazel, so glad you enjoyed yourselfs, love these box`s and those necklace`s look beautiful.
    pam

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Hazel
    Gosh, weren't you restrained compared to Patricia and Kate. Would love to see what Elaine bought to complete the set lol!
    It was a braw evening (I believe that's the correct expression) and as I said before, I so wish you all lived nearer.
    Gillians necklaces are lively. Hope you get a few pennies for mine.
    Take care chuck.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Hazel

    It sounds and looks like you had a great time at the NEC. Lots of lovely goodies there.

    Can't wait to see what you do with them.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oooo it looks like a gaggle of mighty fine stash there Hazel.....look forwards to seeing the garland of snowmen!
    Have fun. Great boxes you've made too....loving Gillian's button necklaces too.
    Hugs Erika.

    ReplyDelete