Monday, 25 November 2013

A CARD

Yes a card from me! Now not something prefect but I was playing with my new toy embossing some card and die cutting a couple of lids for boxes when I looked at the bits lying in the pile along with the silver ribbon I'd taken out to use as well, when I thought ( that would be ok as a card). So this is it
Base card is 6x6 and the card is from Payperbox, had it for a few years. I embossed the next piece with a folder that Patricia let me borrow and then topped it with a piece cut from a 12x12 sheet of Silent Night card - this is beautiful card. Sorry for  using a peel off but have had them for years so at least I can say I have used one.  It's not up to any of your wonderful standards but I am pleased with myself for doing it. 

Now I have to get the lid bits cut for the school better not get side tracked again, as the school boxes need to be finished by next week.  
Thank you for again all your lovely comments on my baskets.   By the way Patricia and I had a good day out but oh boy we were tired by the time we had to go for the bus.  We have decided we are passed walking around the shops etc.  as for the show it was more a show for people  selling things for Christmas, I was hoping it was one where they would be showing putting gifts together and how to wrap gifts beautifully, but no just things to purchase - yes there was beautiful things, only bought a couple of things.

Anyway off to cut lids etc.  have a good afternoon.
Hazel xxx

16 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Hazel. Hugs Rita xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Hazel
    Yaaay! There will be no stopping you and that GC now!
    Nowt wrong with your card chuck, its super.
    Hope you're feeling better now, including the feet lol!
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What's the problem with peel offs you use what is to hand to complete a card. Your card is lovely, its a learning curve this card making, you learn as you go along.

    Wilma x x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Hazel,
    there is no problem with peel offs. I have used some on my boxes that I will be showing later on. I have had them for years.
    Great card, and I love the tree. When I think back to my first efforts at card making yours is much superior than mine was, and you have a wonderfully talented sister to influence you, and help.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is gorgeous Hazel, I love the elegant design and I think the peel off looks fabulous.
    Glad you had a good day out with Patricia.
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations Sis,
    Good for you that's a brilliant "fist time ever" card.
    When I think back to my first attempt yours is brilliant compared to it.
    Keep up the great work
    Hugs

    Patricia xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fab card Hazel...you'll be making lots more with your new GC! Hugs Carole Z xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Hazel, beautiful card, a first too, I'm mortified when I look at my first attempts. The only thing about peel offs for me is that I never get them straight, your's is.

    No stopping you now!!, hugs Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good for you Hazel! There will be no holding you back now. A great first card! Another string to your bow now eh? Love and hugs Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. fabulous first card Hazel, wish mine had been like this.
    pam

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow Hazel, congratulations, a beautiful card. You should be proud. Don't worry about using peel offs, take a look at my blog over next few weeks lol! I'm saying no more...

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  12. a beautiful card Hazel - sorry the show wasn't what you expected! Hope the box lids are coming along nicely xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hazel it sounds ad if you are having fun with your new toy. A lovely Christmas card too.
    Good luck with all your box orders.
    Hugs Erika.

    ReplyDelete
  14. It is a beautiful card - clean and simple and classy - very nice and an excellent first card xx I cringe when I think of the first Christmas cards I made - yours is far superior but then you have a good role-model in your sis xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow hazel! This is beautiful. Such a stunning card and I'm amazed its your first.
    So sorry for my lack of comments, I've been busy preparing for Christmas and personal health problems as you know. Determined to keep blogging though lol.
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete