Saturday, 12 October 2013

ANOTHER DAY IN THE ROCKIES

Good morning everyone I hope you are all well if not here's a (HUG) My cold is getting better, I have  had to go and get some cough syrup. If you see the bag that I made up with things I thought we might need, but never put anything for a cough - silly me I should have known I would get the thing I hadn't packed for.   Today we left Jasper and headed south east to travel to Lake Louise it's a three and half hour drive, we took six hours but that's what we wanted to do. See something and stop, we went down little side roads and found beautiful waterfalls etc,
I just could get over the colour of the water and it must have been freezing  seeing how it's was -1c air temp.

The roar of the water going over here was something

These are called "Endless Chain Mountains"

This is at the ice fields  we were hoping to go up to see them close up but changed our minds for 1 the cost 52 dollars ea. and 2 . 10 tour buses turned up just before us so we gave it a miss.
Took our time and drove to the Lake and to our hotel which is lovely with a real relaxing feeling, we are here for 2 nights, so not much driving being done tomorrow, we will use our feet and walk.
Thank you for your lovely comments and for putting up with my waffle.  I am sitting in a very comfy chair with my feet up, so I am going to have a look at what you all have been up to while we have good Wifi.

Hazel xxx

15 comments:

  1. Good Morning Hazel. What magnificent pictures. You've certainly done a fair amount of travelling too. Continue to enjoy your trip. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning Sis,
    Fantastic pictures, only thing I can almost feel the cold!!!!!
    Look after that cough don't let it run on,
    Enjoy your day
    Hugs

    Patricia xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! Stunning photos Hazel, the views are amazing. It sounds like you are having a wonderful time.
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful pictures Hazel. Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab Hazel!! I want to be where you are!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just stunning scenery isn't it? Glad your cold is getting better and thank you for sharing these beautiful pictures, hugs Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete
  7. Morning Hazel,

    I envy you right now lol! What stunning views. i would have done the same drive a little then stop, you have to take in the scenery don't you? Beautiful country. Enjoy. Look forward to your next post lol!

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Hazel, bummer about your cold, hope it's better soon. Fantastic photos,it lolooks wonderful scenery and I bet the colour of the water is even better in the real. Looking forward to the next batch of photos. Have a great time, go safely, bhugs Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  9. this looks jsu stunning Hazel - just like how I would imagine it would be x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Hazel
    Its not "waffle" its wonderful hearing about your travels and seeing the gorgeous photos.
    Looking forward to the next installment of Hazel and Charlie on Tour.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi hazel
    These photos are just breathtaking!! It's amazing what our world offers us and how beautiful it can be. I love countryside, waterfalls and anything that is just peace and tranquility !
    Enjoy yourself honey
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful pictures Hazel. It is really making me want to go over again for a holiday seeing your pictures! Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hazel, these are amazing photos, wish I was there, looks so beautiful
    pam

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow what fabulous photos, well gel!
    Looks like you are having a fab time,
    hugs Erika.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful photographs and stunning scenery.....hope you are enjoying it.
    Hugs Erika.

    ReplyDelete