Thursday, 19 September 2013

MADISON GIFT


Good afternoon, sorry I haven't been posting but between being busy and not having anything different to show I just had a little break.
Thank you for all your lovely comments I just love receiving them.

This afternoon I am showing the gift box and card I helped the girls make for there friend Madison who is having a birthday party at the weekend.  They wanted to give her girls bits and to make a nice box to put them in.   Also to make a card too.  This is what we made.




The girls choose to give her nail polishes, nail art and lip balms, the box we made out of a 12x12 sheet of Lidl card, I gave the girls the two templates from the flat box that also came from one of the packs of boxes from Lidl. I showed them how to add a 3cms more on to the side height of the base they did this with on problem (good maths work) I showed them how to mark everything out then use the Huggie board to score, they made the lid to the exact size of the Lidl box but with a filled in front.  I have to say I had to sit on my hands as I was so wanting to do it for them, but they did well not perfect but good enough to give to Madison.   The card is 6x6 white card top with a piece again of off cut Lidl card, then Anna cut out one of the flowers of another piece of the same card then they added a few small beads. They did really well with this.   Down side I left work and they went and used loads of my bits, stupid  me for leaving my things behind.

Sorry I started this saying good afternoon, but couldn't up load my photos.  Very much hair pulling out time. But  I got there, thank goodness.

Well that's all for tonight, been a long day,

Hazel xxx

20 comments:

  1. Good Evening Hazel and well done you for sitting on your hands and allowing the girls to just get on with it, mistakes and all. But really the box is lovely, with the bright coloured card and the card is gorgeous, and crafters have to start somewhere.
    I don't find it easy to teach, I always wont to be hands on, it's a form of control I think, have a peaceful evening, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  2. these are wonderful and such a fabulous package for any young girl to receive - I suspect she'll adore them - fabulous work Hazel! Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Hazel,
    didn't the girls do good. Shows what a good teacher you are.
    Excellent work girls.
    Have a wonderful crafty evening.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  4. they have done a lovely job Hazel, you are a good teacher.
    pam

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful box Hazel with a gorgeous card to match. I bet the girls had fun in the making of those too. A very personal gift. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! They have made a wonderful box and beautiful card too. I am sure that Madison will be thrilled with them
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Hazel
    You have taught your grasshoppers well oh Master. . . . . .(Kung Fu for anyone who remembers)
    Sorry you had a wasted journey to Lidl today.
    Best wishes
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful box hazel, lovely card too, you have been busy.

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. You've been busy Hazel! Fab box, Carole Z xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. They made an excellent box and card Hazel - I am sure with your expert tuition too! Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  11. The hardest part is not interfering too much isn't it? The girls must be so proud of their effort because they have done really well. Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Another lovely box of goodies Hazel, loving the bunting paper. Great card too.
    Have a super weekend and happy crafting,
    hugs Erika.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good evening Sis,
    Another great make, the girls have done well. They have a good teacher which helps.
    I am sure Madison will have loved it
    Have a great weekend
    Hugs

    Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. fab idea. love the colours you have used x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous gift box and card Hazel, good of you to help them, I'm sure she'll love it!

    Thank you for your kind comment, enjoy the rest of the weekend sweetie.

    Warm hugs
    Maarit

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Hazel
    Hurrah! So glad you managed to get some card afterall. Its good stuff. Hope the French and Spanish Posse manage to get theirs tomorrow!
    Enjoy the rest of your day off.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you for visiting me Hazel. Your gift boxes are wonderful and what a fab stash you must have to fill them!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you for visiting me Hazel. Your gift boxes are wonderful and what a fab stash you must have to fill them!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you for visiting me Hazel. Your gift boxes are wonderful and what a fab stash you must have to fill them!!

    ReplyDelete